Grips

grtrat1

It was time for a new set of grips... I have carpel Tunnel pretty bad and was looking for some grips that would be comfortable for me... My neighbor has ODI Rogue grips and seem pretty good... So I ordered some, they came in... throttle side went on easy...(Pro Taper fat bars) Clutch side, well wouldnt go on at all... The clutch side has a real rough design.. Almost looks like a file... So I took a rubber mallet and started tapping it on.....****!!!!!!!!!!!!! They broke... They are hard plastic inside them....

So what do you guys recommend as far as grips go?

I love OURY grips... I use race wire to secure them so the don't spin. Super soft and grippy but last FOREVER. They just came out with a lock on style like the odi (I believe odi makes the locks for them) that I would like to try but I cant wear threw the ones I have, lol.

I really think you'll like them. They are probably going to feel a little thick but give them a ride or 2 and you'll wonder why you never had them before, lol. Say good bye to blisters!

Check out Death Grips... I have the ones with the skulls on everything I own

ODI lock on rouges. can't go wrong. as for them not fitting your bars? i dunno. my rouges are starting to show wear but have plenty of life left in them. and replacments arn't too bad for how long they last.

I put the odi rogues on everything i own. Being a tin knocker for 20 yrs now and using tin snips all day i suffer from numbness and arm pump (while not even riding mind you). Since using them i can ride all day.

did you get the lock on ? or the mx ones? The lock on style should fit right over but the mx ones are for dirt bikes. as you need a bigger one for the throttle tube. Little tip putting grips on. use alot of grip glue and slid them on fast dont let the glue setup at all. Little trick getting grips off blow compressed air inbetween grips and bar and they slide right off.

gonna go to their sight and get you a link. brb

I reread your first post that part that looks like a file is a knurled surface whice tells me you have motorcycle bars not atv bars. nyou need to call odi and tell them what bar set you have and that there is no twist throttle. They should be able to hook you up. When i called them (one set was missing screws) they had good customer service and sent me out new screws.

Iv ran odi lock on , pro taper pillow tops, scott, and now ordered pro taper full waffles.....scott suck,pillow tops are the most comfortable but wear fast,odi lock ons rock but i cant spend 30$ every time i need new ones...

and about the clutch side not working with the odi's....I had the same problem every time, all you do is twist it back and forth as you push it works as a sandpaper to grind them out so they fit....

and about the clutch side not working with the odi's....I had the same problem every time, all you do is twist it back and forth as you push it works as a sandpaper to grind them out so they fit....
ON my bar they say "ATV" mid where the stem knuckle bolts together..I didnt try the back and forth.. Guess I was in a hurry...

Thanks for the info.. I ordered OURY grips.. Hopefully they will help me hands and last longer than the spider grips I had...

There's no difference in the thickness in the grip area for any bars.. Atv, dirtbikes, mountain bikes, bmx bikes, jet ski, snow machines... All the same.
Dirt bike grips have a larger inner diameter on the throttle side to accomidate the throttle tube for the twist. Atv and all those other grips are the same inner diameter on both sides because there's no throttle tube to slide over.

Just a little FYI..

Back