Hawthorne Heights

Stenners said:
they are like a 3year old trying to scream..... they just cant do it they are trying to be more hardcore then they are and ever will be. I dont really rate them atall.
Clogz said:
*yawn* Thier songs are okay, but all the screaming is a real turn-off for me. Aside from Linkin Park, I really don't like screaming in music.
That's what I thought at first, too. They're the kind of band that grows on you I guess. Like all their songs sound very similar, but there are a few I really like. The Transition, Niki FM, Life on Standby, and Ohio is for Lovers (yeah everyone knows them now that that song is popular) are all awesome.

Oooooold thread I started a long time ago. :eek:

[LP]GotLinkinPark? said:
That's what I thought at first, too. They're the kind of band that grows on you I guess. Like all their songs sound very similar, but there are a few I really like. The Transition, Niki FM, Life on Standby, and Ohio is for Lovers (yeah everyone knows them now that that song is popular) are all awesome.

Oooooold thread I started a long time ago. :eek:
I know, lol...but this is the first year that other bands, aside from LP, have come to my attention and they were just one of them...and IF I would start a new thread about this, people'll prolly start complaining and stuff or whatever (lol) so...searching can do a lot :)

o0SugaxNxSpice0o said:
Hawthorne Heights are great. "Sandpaper and Silk" actually describe the bands music quite well lol. It's cool with the guys voice all soft and stuff, but then some dude starts screaming and it's like rough and kinda funny ^.^ I really like the band though, I ordered their cd ages ago from amazon with the bonus dvd and the cd was a really worthwhile listen. I have to say that the singer kinda sucks live, but the music is really good. I like them as a whole :) My favourite songs are "Ohio is for lovers", "The Transition", "Blue burns orange" and "Niki FM" xD!

Hawthorne Heights, I absolutely love. "Silence In Black and White" is an album that you have to play all the way thru. Everysong is unique and intriguing all at once. I agree with o0SugaxNxSpice0o, "Sandpaper and Silk" really DOES describe how there music is.

Also their new album will be out in stores Feb. 28th!! So go check it out, if you like Hawthorne Heights :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

acdcrules04 said:
bleh.... i hate music like that, the only 'emo' music i like is MCR and The Used... an their not that emo
mcr isnt even emo.

well i personally think Hawthorne Heights are awesome.

LPGirl said:
mcr isnt even emo.

well i personally think Hawthorne Heights are awesome.
Youve obviously never heard any of their songs then.(reffering to the first statement you made

personally, i greatly dislike hawthorne heights

HAHAHA!!! i LOVE HAWTHORNE HEiGHTS WiTH A PASSiON i HAVE BOTH OF THEiR CD'S iN MY iPOD MiNi HEHE && THE SECOND CD HASNT EVEN CAME OUT iN STORES BUT HEY i HAVE iT!!! THEY R THE FLiPPiN BEST GOSH i LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRiSTiNA KNO'S HOW MUCH i TALK ABOUT THEM iN SKOOL HEHE i CAN NEVER GO A DAY WiTHOUT LiSTENiNG TO AT LEAST ONE OF THEiR SONGS i LOVE HAWTHORNE HEiGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think they're anything like Story Of The Year lol. Though I still very much like Hawthorne Heights (Wo0t, saw them a couple days ago :D:D:D Awesome night!), they're not the same really. The guy in HH has a kinda weak soft voice lol, whereas Dan from SOTY can scream and has a strong singing voice. Plus the music and guitar playing is different :) Well SOTY's new stuff is anyway :D

I'm definatly buying their new album out of February the 28th. I got a free sampler cd and a wristband from the gig a while back to remind me lol:D

Hybrid Soldier said:
Youve obviously never heard any of their songs then.(reffering to the first statement you made

personally, i greatly dislike hawthorne heights
obvisously never heard any of their songs?
are you ****ing kidding me? ive been a fan of mcr for well over a year now and have heard each and every one of their songs more times then i can count and seen them in concert and well they are labeled many things: emo, punk rock, death rock(wtf..?), pop rock, pop punk, gothic rock(wtf..?), etc.. so you cant just call them emo because they are named many different things.

and if you "greatly dislike hawthorne heights" then why the hell are you in this thread?

LPGirl said:
obvisously never heard any of their songs?
are you ****ing kidding me? ive been a fan of mcr for well over a year now and have heard each and every one of their songs more times then i can count and seen them in concert and well they are labeled many things: emo, punk rock, death rock(wtf..?), pop rock, pop punk, gothic rock(wtf..?), etc.. so you cant just call them emo because they are named many different things.

and if you "greatly dislike hawthorne heights" then why the hell are you in this thread?
First of all, spare me the life story and spare me the violence.

Second of all, I can call them what I want, as I live in America and not China.

Third of all, would you like me cite threads that you have posted in where you did not like the artist that was the subject?

LPGirl said:

Since when does not liking a band keep you out of a said band's thread? Welcome to the discussion forum.

Fights always emerge over generalising a band into 1 specific genre. In reality, I guess MCR aren't *just* emo, but emo is a very diverse genre used now and it's not really that specific. Anyway, some may argue it's not "real" emo (e.g. 'Rites Of Spring' and all the old stuff etc >.>)

Meh anyway I just heard their new single "Saying sorry" (Is it?). Tis quite good me thinks :) His voice sounds different though, I can't quite put my finger on it.

I like Hawthorne Hieghts. But I didn't really like the lead singer's voice in My Chemical Romance.

I also think arguing over the catagorization of bands is ironic, being that this is an LP Forum... I also think its immature arguing about which bands are good or not. Everyone has thier own opinions.

Back