Help me out please!

jokersarewild said:

Well, here's a bad one: The newest cases (not xps) can't open all of the way.

Anyway, Hamza, here is an upgraded version of what Phreak suggested...

BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M9 Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
$59.00

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz HT 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail
$213.00

NEC Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M
Cache IDE/ATAPI 16X DVD

I built my own system for around $3000 Australian, to buy it off the shelf it would have cost me around $4000, I know I did the sums :p

Make your own, do some research and get the parts you want.
My system had to be balanced for Autocad (I'm an architect) and graphics work, plus the all important gaming.
If you are going for a pure gaming machine, go AMD, if you need to go any graphics work go for Intel. Intel are more stable when it comes to graphic work, AMD can develop a float point problem with AutoCad etc

Just do you home work and you should be fine, this is also a great site, it has user reviews etc
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/
Enjoy

Oh hey btw. My Power Source came and it's great! 550W NVIDIA SLI Complyable. I am about 90 dollars short from being able to buy an AMD FX 58... Do you recommend an upgraded MOBO. I put that on hold, everything else is here but the MOBO and processor.

Well that depends, are you going to actually USE the SLI function and run dual cards at some point ?

And the bigger question... do you really NEED SLI ??

Well, I do want to run dual cards, however, not at this particular time. Perhaps in a few months or so. The PS w/ Fan was recommended to me since I will be running games like Call of Duty 2 and America's Army.

Back