History of Saladin

Hamza123

A great and short history artical on Salah Adeen Ayyubid. Enjoy.

Saladin History

Saladin (1137 or 1138

Jesus **** me christ. .....and George Washington chopped down a cherry tree, what the ****?
Not to sound rude but why don't you get it dude? The only mother****ers that care about your muslim bullshit is muslims. You would have been better off just PM'ing AIG with this garbage account of your history.

So you can take your saladin and add some ranch dressing and some croutons, eat it and have fun shiting your sandy skinned martyr out of your ass. Civilized people don't care about the history of muslims. We care about the present day state of muslims and how and why it seems no different then it did 1,000 years ago.

Nigga please!

fullauto said:
Or maybe someone can do a little research and give an abbreviated lesson on Saladin, and how he effected Arab/Christian relations over the years...

See that John? I'm guessing not and I'm not blamming you for not doing so. People just want to have nice debates and maybe LEARN something. History does repeat it's self so it's nice to anylize the past. You don't have to be such a **** about it! Just adds to the bandwagon of why people do martyr themselves. And if you don't care so much about the thread, just don't read it. I only meant well and tried to add and make a nice little crusader debate until someone had to ruin it. Way to encourage me! :mad:

Hamza123 said:
See that John? I'm guessing not and I'm not blamming you for not doing so. People just want to have nice debates and maybe LEARN something. History does repeat it's self so it's nice to anylize the past. You don't have to be such a **** about it! Just adds to the bandwagon of why people do martyr themselves. And if you don't care so much about the thread, just don't read it. I only meant well and tried to add and make a nice little crusader debate until someone had to ruin it. Way to encourage me! :mad:

Oh, I didn't know that anyone actualy provoked you into the historical lesson you provided. I apologize.

And my name is Ken actualy. I have no friggin clue why I used the mis-spelled handle of Jhony5. I suppose I wanted to let everyone know right up front that i'm a god damn retard.

I liked the post...

I am actually of the opinion that Saladin was probably the LAST great person that Islam had on it's side...

and Nowadays....

"in the absence of genuine leadership, people will follow the first retard who speaks loud enough!":D

Jhony5 said:
Oh, I didn't know that anyone actualy provoked you into the historical lesson you provided. I apologize.

And my name is Ken actualy. I have no friggin clue why I used the mis-spelled handle of Jhony5. I suppose I wanted to let everyone know right up front that i'm a god damn retard.

No problem here Ken! :D

I am actually of the opinion that Saladin was probably the LAST great person that Islam had on it's side...

Sadly Fullauto, I agree with you on some terms. There hasn't been a real great Muslim leader in awhile. Rafiq Hariri of Lebanon (Dead now) and King Hassan of Morocco (current) are the best examples of Muslim leaders I can think of.

Saladin united both sunni and shea muslims against the crusaders, how did he do it? Do you think someone could unite them this same way today?

hopeUslide said:
Saladin united both sunni and shea muslims against the crusaders, how did he do it? Do you think someone could unite them this same way today?

Let's hope not. We already have enough trouble discerning good muslims from bad.

Saladin was a great warrior, he was also a very chivalrous man. I remember reading somewhere that he sent (what passed for physicians in those days) to attend Richard the Lionheart- not something you would really want to do for an enemy.
Shamefully, Richard murdered several hundred muslim prisoners, by putting them to the sword ( he had them beheaded)

slip_knot said:
Saladin was a great warrior, he was also a very chivalrous man. I remember reading somewhere that he sent (what passed for physicians in those days) to attend Richard the Lionheart- not something you would really want to do for an enemy.
Shamefully, Richard murdered several hundred muslim prisoners, by putting them to the sword ( he had them beheaded)

Ironic for our days wouldn't you say?

I really hate all this beheading ****. But I like the way you put your views in words about Saladin.

Violence only begeth more violence!

The Crusades were a direct result of the Muslim conquests. Every muslim I talk to can never rightly justify why the muslims came pouring out of Arabia in the first waves of Jihad only to take formerly christian and persian lands. Sometimes when I ask them they point to the Crusades, even though the Crusades were called to reclaim lands that had been lost by Chrisendom. The Crusaders weren't taking muslim lands- they were taking back christian lands. So I'm sick and tired of muslims always snivelling about how bad the crusades were WHEN THEY BROUGHT IT ON THEMSELVES!

CelticPride said:
The Crusades were a direct result of the Muslim conquests. Every muslim I talk to can never rightly justify why the muslims came pouring out of Arabia in the first waves of Jihad only to take formerly christian and persian lands. Sometimes when I ask them they point to the Crusades, even though the Crusades were called to reclaim lands that had been lost by Chrisendom. The Crusaders weren't taking muslim lands- they were taking back christian lands. So I'm sick and tired of muslims always snivelling about how bad the crusades were WHEN THEY BROUGHT IT ON THEMSELVES!

Religion has always served mankind so well, hasn't it? For all the peace that various religions push, they all seem to have roots fertilized by the blood of their transgresers. I always have, and always will, maintain the position that religion causes the seperation of peoples that inevitabely leads to war. You can sit there and tell me all about the great things religious organizations do for charity and the like, but in the end it puts up walls between peoples of all nations.

I will agree with your statement about religion. I don't put any stock in religion, although I am a christian. The thing is, christianity was never meant to be a religion. Through the RCC (Roman Catholic Church, i.e. universal church) christianity became a religion, instead of what it always has been- a relationship with God. Just as Judaism was never meant to be a religion- judaism is a covenant with God. I call Islam what it is- a religion. Religion brings hatred, fanaticism, intolerance, and war. And sure enough, Islam has been making war against the rest of the world ever since it started, spreading its doctrine of hate and intolerance as it goes, and all the while snivelling about how bad they have it when someone trys to fight back- so quick to point out the blood on someone else's hands while trying to cover up their own.

www.prophetofdoom.net should provide all the neccessary information you need to unravel the truth about Islam and its lone prophet.

Religion has no purpose having become what is in principal a business. The mere fact that bibles are sold and not given away seems to me to be an indicator of the real purpose of religion. Just think about that one isolated fact. Vainity is not intended to be attached to religion, however it is. Always has been, always will be. People with goldleaf, leather bound, and monogramed bibles. Multi-million dollar churchs. Preists and reverends driving luxurious cadillac town cars and living in exclusive neighborhoods. Its as if all the humility has been drained from a belief that teachs humbleness. I know alot of good christian people but I talk to them and I feel as if they really have no idea how much money is changing hands in order to provide them with the lords message. Its uncalled for. There is absolutely no need for religious organizations to require such lavish surroundings in order to congragate. Where does all the millions of dollars come from anyway? Well......it comes from the parishoners of each respective church. Money is funelled up and down the hierarchy of each respective religion. Jobs are created and salaries are aloted. If your a parishioner of a church, face it fella, your nuttin but a CUSTOMER.If you decide to become a preist or what not, face it, its a god dam carreer choice. Each religion branchs off into their own sects incorperating their own twists into a belief system that in its onset, rejected wholey such ideals. Which makes me think of large corperations and their relationship to the small business.

Its a ****ing game played with money and faith derived from an ancient power structure (ie. the vatican).
I don't give a **** if you call yourself a jew, christian, catholic, muslim, whatever. Your just a pawn that joined a gang, and you were most likely born into it.

Although I grew up a Catholic, I do not consider myself one now. I don't congregate in any church nowadays- mostly for the reasons you stated above. Yes, all religion is evil, and that is why I don't put stock in religion- only faith. I am a christian, I put faith in Jesus- not the pope and not the church (I dont even go to church). I'm not sure how I'm a pawn of a business since I dont give money to any church, it's better for me to just give my money right to the poor and needy than have my money squandered by a corrupt organization. Again, I was born a catholic but never took it seriously, I found out about God through study, meditation, contemplation, and personal experience- that's why I am not a part of any church. (btw I got my bible for free and from none other than the Catholic Church- it's pretty nice too, hard cover and all)

As for me being a pawn, I already told you I don't believe in religion- I guess you were just so used to people who do that you never thought that a true christian would not be. A christian by Christ's standards would not be religious- just highly spiritual. In fact Jesus spoke out against religion/religious authority.

CelticPride said:
Although I grew up a Catholic, I do not consider myself one now. I don't congregate in any church nowadays- mostly for the reasons you stated above. Yes, all religion is evil, and that is why I don't put stock in religion- only faith. I am a christian, I put faith in Jesus- not the pope and not the church (I dont even go to church). I'm not sure how I'm a pawn of a business since I dont give money to any church, it's better for me to just give my money right to the poor and needy than have my money squandered by a corrupt organization. Again, I was born a catholic but never took it seriously, I found out about God through study, meditation, contemplation, and personal experience- that's why I am not a part of any church. (btw I got my bible for free and from none other than the Catholic Church- it's pretty nice too, hard cover and all)

As for me being a pawn, I already told you I don't believe in religion- I guess you were just so used to people who do that you never thought that a true christian would not be. A christian by Christ's standards would not be religious- just highly spiritual. In fact Jesus spoke out against religion/religious authority.

Oh....I didn't mean any of that directed at you. I meant only to enforce your position of having faith without participating in the business that is religion. Kudos to you for that. Unfortunatly your in a minority group of spiritual people as most subscribe to the all to familiar format of worship which is promoted with cash money. Sorry for not phrasing my post so as to make this clear.

Hamza123 said:
Ironic for our days wouldn't you say?

I really hate all this beheading ****. But I like the way you put your views in words about Saladin.

Violence only begeth more violence!

There is an old saying in the christian book, and probably in the Quaran too. "Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, when you will not see the log in your own"

I think its important to be able to indulge in self criticism. It help us to maintain a balanced view. This is very important. It is important because of the way we are.

Everything that we are familiar with becomes "the normal" to us, it is the yardstick that we measure other groups by. When another group becomes powerful or influential, then, it begins to compete with "our group" and our values.

Progressively, the other groups becomes evermore threatening. We respond negatively to this imagined threat. We see them as different, as having some ulterior motive. Sometimes this is so, sometimes not so. Next the other group begins to react to the perceived lack of respect. Then we see open hostility on both sides. Each group begins to believe the other group wishes harm to them. This begins to be the case.

Next each group begins to demonise the other group. Conflict is not far away.

Yet in reality, what real differences are there between us ?

We might have different languages,cultures, religions and countries.

We all fear crime, criminals, disease and poverty. We all love our children and profess to care about the world and everyone in it. We all seek to improve our lives, and the lot of our families. Are we not all horrified at the wars that are fought , and all for what ? So that some thug can get his own way. Who has not been moved by the Asian Tsunami, The Asian earhquake, and the sight of a starving African or Indian child, with dead eyes and stick like limbs.

One day we will loose our tribalism. There will be no more us and them. We will be global citizens. We will no longer be Belgians, Canadians, and Ghanians. Until we can do this, I can see nothing ahead for us but further conflict and suffering.

Nice post, but somewhat iconically faith-based.

The current push for "globalism" is more about corporate control of commodities, rather than any conscious effort to bring us together as a people.

I see a time when we all wake up and smell the roses, but that time is probably post-nuclear fallout, when we have little choice but to wake up and realise what a ****-up of this planet we have made, or rather allowed to happen.

Grow some balls. Stand up to the **** now.

Back