History of Saladin

builder said:
Nice post, but somewhat iconically faith-based.

The current push for "globalism" is more about corporate control of commodities, rather than any conscious effort to bring us together as a people.

I see a time when we all wake up and smell the roses, but that time is probably post-nuclear fallout, when we have little choice but to wake up and realise what a ****-up of this planet we have made, or rather allowed to happen.

Grow some balls. Stand up to the **** now.

Hi Builder. I don't have a faith. I don't believe in any of their sky-faeries. Religion is the worst own goal humanity ever scored. But I do respect the rights of others to believe in this stuff. I'd like to call it rubbish, but thats offensive to them. But trying to shove their religion down my throat is offensive to me.

I don't want visits from mormons, jehovahs witnesses, or to listen to some fool screaming from the top of a temple. And I certainly have no tolerance for the desire of some moslems to force their religion on the whole world. I see this islamo-fascism as the new communism. For me its all about tolerance. And I refuse to tolerate the intolerant.

I have to agree that usually whan people speak of globalism they refer to corporate control. I was meaning societal change as I'm sure you saw.

Like you I can only see real change as a dream. I think we will have another world war. All the ingredients for the monster - cake are already in the bowl. Poverty,envy,capability, intolerance, hatred,fear and desire for power.

Jhony5 said:
Oh....I didn't mean any of that directed at you. I meant only to enforce your position of having faith without participating in the business that is religion. Kudos to you for that. Unfortunatly your in a minority group of spiritual people as most subscribe to the all to familiar format of worship which is promoted with cash money. Sorry for not phrasing my post so as to make this clear.

btw sorry for my late post- busy with studies.

Yes, I am in a minority. I am not accepted by the traditional "left" (most of the left's beliefs are in direct contradiction of my own) and neither am I accepted by the traditional "right" (eg. I don't support the Iraq war). The entire political spectrum in this country (USA) is totally out of whack and full of contradictions, esp. in the "right"- calling themselves Christian but making war over practically nothing, and catering to the rich when they should be helping the people who need the tax break them most- the poor.
I'm sick and tired of all these modern day force-it-down-your-throat "christians". I know quite a few of them even though I live in a "blue" state. I just believe that for the most part christians should be submissive to the government much like the early christians were to Rome. Christians should not force their beliefs on anyone. I see it like this: if christians don't like having abortion clinics, then preach against abortion but don't be contradictory and commit violent acts against women who have had abortions. Reach out to people who need care and mercy and don't be judgemental. If the majority of the people in this country really were christian then abortion clinics would go out of business- there would be no need for something that is generally not accepted. In other words: don't pass laws which would strip someone of their freedom and just accept things that you don't have control over. Keep the separation of Church and State intact.

I would go on more about other social issues but the views expressed above come from the Bible (believe it or not) and I got most of it from the epistles. I think these "christians" need to read the whole bible and accept it and not wave passages and verses at people and tell them to "straighten up, fly right and believe what I believe or you're going to hell" and other crap like that. Hell is another topic which needs clarification that I will address later, but for now I need to attend to my studies.

Back