Honda testing a ALL NEW Un NAMED bike today and tomorrow with the magazines

LOL I was just going to come on here and sya I know they released the 2013 CRF450, a new 250L and some other stuff...... the 250L may be thew bike.... hope not....

They should release a quad an have it be a new generation 250r, the 300R a 300cc EFI power valved two stroke.

2 strokes are done for good, no way to pass new emissions, even the 2 stroke dirt bikes are gone

Maybe in Honda land? or to some people who can only think of the old two strokes?

If they wanna invest the technology, 2 strokes are very viable. Just like how 4 strokes went from slow heavy an reliable to ah not reliable? anyways, BRP makes a few efi 2 strokes that weighs less have longer maintenance intervals, produces = or less emissions, & power sooner, thans its 4 stroke competetion?
2 stroke bikes are gone? Could you tell KTM an gasgas that an not to mention skidoo cause there etech sled 800 weighs less gets over 20 miles to the gallon.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/666/10436/Motorcycle-Article/2012-KTM-XC-W-Model-Lineup.aspx

Maybe in Honda land? or to some people who can only think of the old two strokes?

If they wanna invest the technology, 2 strokes are very viable. Just like how 4 strokes went from slow heavy an reliable to ah not reliable? anyways, BRP makes a few efi 2 strokes that weighs less have longer maintenance intervals, produces = or less emissions, & power sooner, thans its 4 stroke competetion?
2 stroke bikes are gone? Could you tell KTM an gasgas that an not to mention skidoo cause there etech sled 800 weighs less gets over 20 miles to the gallon.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/666/10436/Motorcycle-Article/2012-KTM-XC-W-Model-Lineup.aspx

Nice Research. I like KTM dirt bikes.. Well put together machines.

Nice Research. I like KTM dirt bikes.. Well put together machines.
Nope, they are a POS bike just like everything else out there, just better equipped. KTM really disappoints in the hardware dept. Their nuts and bolts rust within a year or so. A stainless upgrade is a must if that type of stuff bothers you.
I don't see 2-smokes going anywhere or away anytime soon. Look at the dirtbike scene. They are still alive and living. Example: Husky, KTM, Yamaha, Beta, Gas Gas, etc............

2 strokes have always been lighter and had longer maintenence intervals, but on cleaner emissions I dont think so. California is banning all 2 stroke watercrafts on most freshwater now and phasing them out completely soon. I see the KTM 2 strokes at the dealers I thought they were leftover 10/11 models, I love my 2 stroke 3 wheeler and since I am the original owner I can ride it all year long, but anyone not an original owner here in Cailfornia cannot ride them between June and September

exactly what they are doing. Grand fathering in original owners and making it where no one wants them because they cannot ride them.

2 strokes make up less then 1% of the offroad models sold. sad to say for 2 stroke lovers but they are going no where.

Damn that's clean! 210 hp!?

Yeah, 86-88 (I think) Honda kept upping the power but then brought it down in 89 and it's never been back to that level. I didn't know the official specs but it sounds pretty crazy when you put it like that. I ride it every now and then just to remind me how scary it is then I put it away again for a while lol. The new 450s will almost keep up with it in a drag race. Almost.

Back