How is Avril Lavigne a "poser"?

Avril Lavigne is just a fun person to pick on. She can't sing, she doesn't play an instrument, probably can't. She's a joke. She dresses punk and that's why people assume that she thinks she's punk. ;)

Dressing a certain way DOES NOT make you a poser. It simply means you like to dress that way.

Poser is just a stupid term used by highschool kids to belittle one another, and by pathetic subculture elitists who have nothing better to do than to sit around and dictate what is and isn't (insert subculture here) because they said so.

Consider this: Are you a faker if you normally drive to work but then one day you deciede to take the bus? I don't think so

And another thing: we were all born the same; laying there shitting ourselves and screaming for mommy. And later on we all aquired different interests. Therefore no one is a "true" (insert label here).

It's a free country. Be whatever the **** you jolly feel like

Komrade Vostok Hazard said:
Dressing a certain way DOES NOT make you a poser. It simply means you like to dress that way.

Poser is just a stupid term used by highschool kids to belittle one another, and by pathetic subculture elitists who have nothing better to do than to sit around and dictate what is and isn't (insert subculture here) because they said so.

Consider this: Are you a faker if you normally drive to work but then one day you deciede to take the bus? I don't think so

And another thing: we were all born the same; laying there shitting ourselves and screaming for mommy. And later on we all aquired different interests. Therefore no one is a "true" (insert label here).

It's a free country. Be whatever the **** you jolly feel like

Yeah, but if you claim you belong to a subculture that berates materialism and you're a ****ing media-whore like Avril Lavigne, then you are, without a shadow of a doubt, a poser. She cashes in on the image to sell her records, even though the image she impersonates is the exact oposite of what she really is.

Crazywumbat said:
Yeah, but if you claim you belong to a subculture that berates materialism and you're a ****ing media-whore like Avril Lavigne, then you are, without a shadow of a doubt, a poser. She cashes in on the image to sell her records, even though the image she impersonates is the exact oposite of what she really is.

This generations slogan should be: "I am different like everyone else!"

If I didn't get such a giggle about it I would be embarrased by my own "search for identity" in high school. Damn my yearbooks are scary LOL But then if I was still in HS you can bet your ass I would be pissing about how I was expressing my individuality and my personality (if that was the caase then I has one hell of a Cybil issue) Damn to be young again LOL

Back