How would you feel if the man you were dating didn't want to tell his family about yo

LilBit said:
I answered no but I guess it depends on the circumstances. If a male is THAT set on not telling his family, it makes me wonder what the reason could be. Someone might have gone through numerous bad relationships and introduced every partner to their family. If I had been dating the person over a long period of time, then that's when it would bother me.

I really enjoyed this mans company in the beginning but over time several things hav popped up and my attention has wandered to someone else. I don't care for his choice to not tell his family when he is talking to me about us being involved in a serious relationship, him posibly living with me etc. The two just don't go together for me.
In the end its academic, I have found a replacement. A man who will be thrilled to introduce me to everyone he can find.

Lethalfind said:
In the end its academic, I have found a replacement. A man who will be thrilled to introduce me to everyone he can find.

Congrats on something that makes you happier! :D

LilBit said:
Congrats on something that makes you happier! :D

Now of course I feel badly about telling this man. He truly has no idea that he has brought this on, I know this will be a shock to him. This is why he is single at his age.

Proven fact that even the men Lethal does manage to get to date her, don't want to be seen with her. And she started the thread herself, so she can't whine someone is making it up. This man didn't want to his family to know he was dating the zoo.View attachment 698

Attachments

• 79c2037cf460e5c17a0064cc26251f06.gif
    79c2037cf460e5c17a0064cc26251f06.gif
    1,021 bytes · Views: 13
Lethalfind said:
I'm a smartass and probably not fit to be in a relationship because of it. I'm working on that part of though.

Interesting bit of self realization right there. ;)

Less people to give you more of a headache! I've had experiences where I can't get rid of the other relatives (and pretty much they just annoy me anyways)

atlantic said:
Less people to give you more of a headache! I've had experiences where I can't get rid of the other relatives (and pretty much they just annoy me anyways)
'

So you wouldn't mind if the one you are dating, only wanted to stay at home or go to restaurants where you might not be seen? Not to go to any family function? Any family holiday? Too not be included in any family function? Because if they are trying to hide you from their other life, what are they hiding from YOU? I highly doubt you would want to be discluded from every single event.

manicmonday said:
'

So you wouldn't mind if the one you are dating, only wanted to stay at home or go to restaurants where you might not be seen? Not to go to any family function? Any family holiday? Too not be included in any family function? Because if they are trying to hide you from their other life, what are they hiding from YOU? I highly doubt you would want to be discluded from every single event.
That is a little different, but the whole family function thing (yuck). I hate that traditional bullshit thing. Besides, I'm usually the one with a secret.

atlantic said:
That is a little different, but the whole family function thing (yuck). I hate that traditional bullshit thing. Besides, I'm usually the one with a secret.

I dated a woman that had that problem once. It turned out that her dad was a racist Japanese asshole who hated white people. Eventually, it caused our relationship to end.

I hate racist people...especially racist japanese people.

****ing nip bastards!

:mad:

For me? Any gf relationship at my age doesn't really matter... Unless you were Indian and had an arranged marrage...

I mean, most ****ers are complaining about Gay Marriages... SOME POOR ****ERS IN ASIA HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ARRANGED MARRIAGES.

It's not so bad, I guess it will get out of control when you get Arranged Gay Marriages. :D

TERRORIST-HATER said:
I dated a woman that had that problem once. It turned out that her dad was a racist Japanese asshole who hated white people. Eventually, it caused our relationship to end.

****ing nip bastards!

I dislike people who live in predonmentally white countries and just hate all white people... Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of white assholes out there, just like there are brown ones too. :D

manicmonday said:
Proven fact that even the men Lethal does manage to get to date her, don't want to be seen with her. And she started the thread herself, so she can't whine someone is making it up. This man didn't want to his family to know he was dating the zoo.View attachment 699

Very cute, he didn't want to tell them because I was so much younger then he was AND his family was upset about it when they found out we were dating...he let them think we stopped when in fact we had not...He got the boot...In short, he wasn't good enough for me...take note Manic, some men don't deserve keeping around, especially the ones with criminal records...For the rest of us, thats a given.

Attachments

• 79c2037cf460e5c17a0064cc26251f06.gif
    79c2037cf460e5c17a0064cc26251f06.gif
    1,021 bytes · Views: 11
Lethalfind said:
Very cute, he didn't want to tell them because I was so much younger then he was AND his family was upset about it when they found out we were dating...he let them think we stopped when in fact we had not...He got the boot...In short, he wasn't good enough for me...take note Manic, some men don't deserve keeping around, especially the ones with criminal records...For the rest of us, thats a given.

No, it proves a man with good sense would **** you in the dark and not be seen with you in the light. You weren't good enough for him, or you would have been seen with him Princess. And let it go, Joshua's fathers not around Oh yeah you know something about that don't you? How's that working for you???:rolleyes:

manicmonday said:
No, it proves a man with good sense would **** you in the dark and not be seen with you in the light. You weren't good enough for him, or you would have been seen with him Princess. And let it go, Joshua's fathers not around Oh yeah you know something about that don't you? How's that working for you???:rolleyes:

Unlike you, I don't part my legs so easily...I didn't sleep with him, however you would probably jump at the chance considering how you were happy to sleep with a drug dealer. All I need to know is that you were desperate enough to **** a drug dealer...LOLOL, I have to laugh everytime you get on your high horse in light of that...

Lethalfind said:
Unlike you, I don't part my legs so easily...I didn't sleep with him, however you would probably jump at the chance considering how you were happy to sleep with a drug dealer. All I need to know is that you were desperate enough to **** a drug dealer...LOLOL, I have to laugh everytime you get on your high horse in light of that...

And ladies and gentle men, there is her only defense LOLOL. My God you don't realize how stupid that makes you do you?

I don't part my legs easily. With your fat thighs, I'm guessing you don't either. Jaws of life are probably a requirement.

Lethalfind said:
How would you feel if the person you are seeing doesn't want to tell their family about you?

Evidently it was mentioned that we were seeing each other and his daughter-in-law got upset. His opinion was she was jealous of the time and money he would be spending on me and Diane. Well we decided to NOT see each other and then decided to see each other casually. I say casually because that has been my approach but he seems VERY attached to me except in the matter of letting his family know about it.

He has told me in order to avoid conflict within his family he has not mentioned we are seeing each other again...

I am frankly offended by this. He says he wants a long term relationship with me but he's going to keep that from his entire family??

So far I have adopted a wait and see attitude on this matter. He is spending Thanksgiving with his son and daughter in law (the one who was upset), so it will be interesting to see if something comes out when he is up there.

BUT what do you guys think.

After a reasonable amount of time that we were dating, he supposedly was after something long term and serious, yet I still haven't met any of his family and by his own admittance I will be purposely kept from them, he would be history! He is obviously lying and has an alternate reason for doing that or he is too much of a wimp and not much of a man if he let's his grown "daughter in law" dictate who he can or cannot date. Either reason would be good enough to dump his sorry ass.

TERRORIST-HATER said:

****ing nip bastards!

When my father was alive, I wouldn't introduce him to anyone after awhile, as he told a couple they were not good enough for me right to their faces. He was intimidating to say the least.

atlantic said:
When my father was alive, I wouldn't introduce him to anyone after awhile, as he told a couple they were not good enough for me right to their faces. He was intimidating to say the least.

My Dad didn't have to SAY that but it was clear according to how he behaved...

I look back on most of the guys he treated like that and he was right...

As for this guy, its a mute point now. He got on my nerves endlessly and he is a thing of the past.

Back