I agree

hugo said:
The point is San Fran is more liberal than Massachusetts.

1972 was the last time a Republican was elected to the Senate from the entire State of Massachusetts.

Scott Brown ran as one of his main promises to vote against Obama's healthcare agenda and other radical liberal policies. I believe it is fair to say that Mr. Kennedy was just as much radical liberal as Nancy is so getting Brown to fill that seat is as close to night and day as someone could imagine. Sure, Brown did not have to run against Kennedy but at the same time Kennedy had pretty high approval numbers where Nancy does not.

Now, on the other hand California is bankrupt, has been bankrupt for many years. They are losing businesses and the "rich" in droves and they cannot tax their way out of this hole they have dug. The people are not completely blind to these facts, they can see what is happening. There are advertisements on their local television stations with other States inviting business owners to move to their States where they can keep most of their earned money instead of giving it to a corrupt California Government. The every day people also see these things and the daily reports of the State being broke.

I would think there is fertile soil to grow some real conservative ideas and canidates to clean out the waste, to steer the State back to fiscal responsibility and bring jobs back to the State by ending the policy of punnishing the job creators.

Easy?

No, but certainly possible.

Obama's plans promise much higher taxes for most Americans either directly or indirectly through higher costs of goods/services. If I was running for office in California I would push this fact and ask them all if they think they still have the room in their household budgets to pay higher taxes?

Then I would ask them to sit down and figure out what each Californian himself receives in California as a resident that other residents of other States do not get to make the much, much higher taxes worth it? Everyone gets roads and schools so those things do not count, so what is it that they get to justify the out of control taxes?

California gets just as many tourists as Florida but there are no State income taxes and no massive businesses taxes in Florida so why can't California do the same thing?

Some facts:

The 8th District gave John Kerry his best performance in California in 2004, taking in 84.2% of the vote. Barack Obama continued on this trend in 2008 when he received 85.22% of the vote in the district while John McCain received 12.38%.

Nancy has nothing to worry about; easy for her to ask others to risk their jobs.

hugo said:
Some facts:

Nancy has nothing to worry about; easy for her to ask others to risk their jobs.

Now your back to talking about presidential races, yes, I agree that on the National scale, California does lean very heavy to the liberal canidate, but that has very little to do with local House races, and it is a specific House race I am speaking about.

Every poll conducted on expected voters in her district has shown a steady decline on her approval numbers. Her name is permenentely attached to most of the negative legislation that has been passed, and is hurting the people of California.

No, removing her will not be easy, but it is certainly possible especially if she forces through legislation like the healthcare bill when even the majority of California voters do not want it to be passed. I do know one thing for sure hugo, you can't beat her unless you try.

You know hugo, you seem to think certain people like Obama and Pelosi are invincible, are you star struck? I agree great challenge exists, but I do not believe they are invincible.

timesjoke said:
Now your back to talking about presidential races, yes, I agree that on the National scale, California does lean very heavy to the liberal canidate, but that has very little to do with local House races, and it is a specific House race I am speaking about.

Name me one district that voted greater than 6-1 for a Presidential candidate where the member of the favored Presidential candidates party did not win the House race. It don't matter if most Californians hate Pelosi, she just has to win San Francisco. Call me a realist. How much money you want to put down on a Republican winning Nancy's seat?

I never said it would be easy, just possible. If Brown had your way of "assuming" that there was no way of winning against a long standing liberal voting style of an area, he would never have won.

If you don't try, the result is always 'you lose'.

timesjoke said:
I never said it would be easy, just possible. If Brown had your way of "assuming" that there was no way of winning against a long standing liberal voting style of an area, he would never have won.

If you don't try, the result is always 'you lose'.

It is not possible.

hugo said:
It is not possible.

And that is why you lose.

Most of life is about your frame of mind, if you have your mind made up that you can't win, then you will not win.

You know another kind of win?

To get a moderate in her seat first, get the radical out of the equasion by helping the moderate liberal beat her, then once people get a taste of the non-radical element, they might be more inclined to consider someone even more conservative.

But nothing is accomplished by sitting on your hands too intimidated to do anything.

I'm sure you can em ;)

But let's leave your bedroom activities out of this conversation, some of us will be jealous if you share too much, lol.

timesjoke said:
I'm sure you can em ;)

But let's leave your bedroom activities out of this conversation, some of us will be jealous if you share too much, lol.

Sigh.....all right...but I'm good...I'm really really good...and gosh darn it...people like me. Right? Right? Hello echoes

emkay64 said:
Sigh.....all right...but I'm good...I'm really really good...and gosh darn it...people like me. Right? Right? Hello echoes

We don't like you, we love you, but then again they do say love and hate are close partners and I have never been that bright, I guess I will settle for love until I know better ;)

timesjoke said:
We don't like you, we love you, but then again they do say love and hate are close partners and I have never been that bright, I guess I will settle for love until I know better ;)

Ooohhhh that sounded cultish. Are we a cult? If we are can I be the messiah? I have a huge spiral notebook to write down all our laws...and a special pen that has sparkles when you write!!

emkay64 said:
Ooohhhh that sounded cultish. Are we a cult? If we are can I be the messiah? I have a huge spiral notebook to write down all our laws...and a special pen that has sparkles when you write!!

I would gladly worship you, and I have an account with mccrimmons so I can get you all the fancy pens and notebooks you could ever desire ;)

timesjoke said:
I would gladly worship you, and I have an account with mccrimmons so I can get you all the fancy pens and notebooks you could ever desire ;)

What's this McCrimmons you speak of? Sounds like Xanadu. I have a thing for notebooks and pens..seriously lol.

emkay64 said:
What's this McCrimmons you speak of? Sounds like Xanadu. I have a thing for notebooks and pens..seriously lol.

me, too!

I could spend a week in Office Max.

emkay64 said:

McCrimons & Lanier - Computers - Printers - Gainesville

My account is yours for the honor of worshiping you ;)

That site really does not do them justice, their main money maker is copy machines and service of those machines but they also have all the office supplies you could ever dream of having. I have found stuff with them I could not get anywhere else.

eddo said:
even though Office Depot sponsors my NASCAR driver, Staples is the shiznit!!!

and yes, I could easily spend a week in any of the 3. :)

ohhhhhhh!!!!!!! Next time I visit home, I shall have to check this place out. :D

Mmmmmm office supplies. Postit notes, pens, erasers, notebooks, scratch pads, pencils, crayons, tacks and paper clips.....I love office supplies. Going there is like the grown up version of school supplies but NOW I can buy the cool erasers, notebooks with pictures on them...and pencil cases to my hearts content.

sigh

I took a college statistics and poly sci course. It ain't possible. There is a difference between having an open mind and being an idiot. I had a friend who thought it was possible to jump off the Chicago Tower while sitting on a basketball and live. He's dead now.

Pelosi's primaty opponent is a lesbo running to the left of Pelosi.

Anyone who gets off on office supplies needs to get a life.

Back