I am a lifelong enemy of Jet!!

forumloiterer

I was angry about this months ago. I figured i would get over it but i haven't:
For two years straight linkin park had gotten the MTV video music award in the Rock video of the year category: In the End (2002) and Somewhere I Belong (2003). And I was watching the 2004 VMAs circa September expecting very strongly that they would easily get it a third year in a row for "Breaking the Habit."
It was simply a magnificent video. Who other than Linkin Park would have the creativity (or audacity) to release an anime rock video and then have it look so beautiful. It was nothing short of a masterpiece, practically symbiotic with its song counterpart.
Jet's video for "Are You Gonna be My Girl?" is the band playing, and then a mysterious black puddle appears beneath them, and then turns into the silhouette of a girl. Dumb.
Then Jet Won and I was devastated. I now hate Jet. Am I overreacting?
You be the judge.

gah i was totally mad and disappointed when jet won. i already hated that song before they beat lp. i woula probably gone for anybody else winning but jet? na ah. people liked that video because of its simplicity. the video "represented" old rock. "they didnt need a bunch of flashy colors to deliver the song" er somethin like that.

No, you're not over reacting. That Jet video is a pile of **** that want shoving down their throats. Am I over reacting a bit?
But the did win something at the VMA's.
Best Rock. They beat Good Charlotte, Green Day, Red Hot Chilli's and The Darkness.

I like jet too actually but I really think the "Breaking the Habit" Video should have won because of the originality in the video. I mean that anime was kick @ss. Most of the drawings were hand drawn!!! They put alot of time and effort into that video, I'm sure jet did too, but I'm sure Breaking The Habit was worked on more judging by the outcome of the videos. Okay well the point I think I'm trying to make is , There was more talent in the "Breaking the Habit" Video then in the Jet Video............Does anyone see what I'm Trying to say? Does anyone agree?

AARRGH! (throws chair!) I'm so pissed off right now!this is bullcrap!
I took a look at the vma 2001 archives. I had never watched any VMA before '02. i did some calculations, realizing with an october 2000 release date for hybrid theory would mean Crawling would fall into an eligible date for being nominated for best Rock video and indeed it was. Its competitors were "hash pipe" by Weezer, "Jaded" by Aerosmith,"it's been Awhile" by staind and "Rollin'" by Limp bizkit;
Aerosmith is too old a band to recieve recognition on MTV, so they couldn't have won. Weezer, let's face it, could never win awards on a Network that wont let nerds sit in the audience on TRL. Staind is out, because the video was just them playing the song in a room of candles.. a bit too simplistic.
Limp Bizkit and Linkin park were the only ones that could could have concievably won.. but guess what. "rollin'" took the award (sobs)
Just in case you haven't seen rollin' . The Video SUCKS!!!! Its just the band performing the song With abunch of pyrotechnics, cheerleadrers, and motorcycles,(hence, the song's title, rollin. Genius, huh? pfft) It was a combination of rock video cliche and hip-hop video cliche. Not to mention a one-word chorus that sounds like it was written by a 5th grade garage band.
Also the song was voted the 4th most awesomely bad song EVER by Vh1. All this and Mtv Awards them the Holy grail of Rock Video Awards. Crawling is clearly the better video. If youre on this forum, youve seen it. Crawling is better. I DARE ANYBODY to say otherwise!
I say we all get together and start an LP-vendetta site, Where we express our horrid feelings about jet, Limp bizkit, and U2(since it was their album "All that you cant leave behind" that won them the grammy for best rock album, beating out hybrid theory) etc. it would be like those Anti-ja rule sites that 50cent fans control.
Who is with me? Linkin park should have won for crawling and breaking the habit. It should have been a four-year clean sweep. Help prevent this injustice. let me know if anyone wants to discuss either their agreement or disagreement with my views, or join my club of jet and limp-bizkit haters. (i welcome all opinions)

Linkin park lost best rock video to jet. I told you. those nominees you named arent correct . you must have gotten another awards show mixed up. its okay i forgive you

forumloiterer said:
I took a look at the vma 2001 archives. I had never watched any VMA before '02. i did some calculations, realizing with an october 2000 release date for hybrid theory would mean Crawling would fall into an eligible date for being nominated for best Rock video and indeed it was. Its competitors were "hash pipe" by Weezer, "Jaded" by Aerosmith,"it's been Awhile" by staind and "Rollin'" by Limp bizkit;
Aerosmith is too old a band to recieve recognition on MTV, so they couldn't have won. Weezer, let's face it, could never win awards on a Network that wont let nerds sit in the audience on TRL. Staind is out, because the video was just them playing the song in a room of candles.. a bit too simplistic.
Limp Bizkit and Linkin park were the only ones that could could have concievably won.. but guess what. "rollin'" took the award (sobs)
Just in case you haven't seen rollin' . The Video SUCKS!!!! Its just the band performing the song With abunch of pyrotechnics, cheerleadrers, and motorcycles,(hence, the song's title, rollin. Genius, huh? pfft) It was a combination of rock video cliche and hip-hop video cliche. Not to mention a one-word chorus that sounds like it was written by a 5th grade garage band.
Also the song was voted the 4th most awesomely bad song EVER by Vh1. All this and Mtv Awards them the Holy grail of Rock Video Awards. Crawling is clearly the better video. If youre on this forum, youve seen it. Crawling is better. I DARE ANYBODY to say otherwise!
I say we all get together and start an LP-vendetta site, Where we express our horrid feelings about jet, Limp bizkit, and U2(since it was their album "All that you cant leave behind" that won them the grammy for best rock album, beating out hybrid theory) etc. it would be like those Anti-ja rule sites that 50cent fans control.
Who is with me? Linkin park should have won for crawling and breaking the habit. It should have been a four-year clean sweep. Help prevent this injustice. let me know if anyone wants to discuss either their agreement or disagreement with my views, or join my club of jet and limp-bizkit haters. (i welcome all opinions)
I agree with most of what you said, but i disagree about some things... yeah, it does suck that LP didn't win, in 2000 and 2004... yeah, the jet and limp bizkit videos were a load of crap... yeah, BTH is one of the most criative rock videos i've seen in a long time... but, i don't think that we should start a anti-jet or LB site... it's pointless and stupid to join anti band sites or clubs... what good will it do?? it's not like Jet or LB are gonna stop making videos just cuz we hate them, or they won't win any more awards cuz we started an anti site... yeah, i am really pissed off that they won, but that's just the way it is... in your first post i didn't think you were overreacting, but now i do... anyway... that's just my opinion

lol, I laugh at that video now. I agree LP should have won, but I don't think it's a big deal. (even if the Jet video suck cuz there's no plot type thing to it other then their all horny.) Just speaking my mind.

Look at it this way, LP beat the crap out of GC! lol

Amy Shinoda said:
I agree with most of what you said, but i disagree about some things... yeah, it does suck that LP didn't win, in 2000 and 2004... yeah, the jet and limp bizkit videos were a load of crap... yeah, BTH is one of the most criative rock videos i've seen in a long time... but, i don't think that we should start a anti-jet or LB site... it's pointless and stupid to join anti band sites or clubs... what good will it do?? it's not like Jet or LB are gonna stop making videos just cuz we hate them, or they won't win any more awards cuz we started an anti site... yeah, i am really pissed off that they won, but that's just the way it is... in your first post i didn't think you were overreacting, but now i do... anyway... that's just my opinion
Okay I admit i have a tendency to overreact and be an attention-whore sometimes. But I have this inherent tendency to root for people that come short. As a pittsburgh fan, a Kerry supporter and a Linkin Park supporter, i've had a bad track record as far as that stuff goes. Anyhoo,
You will agree that lp should have one in 2004 and 2001(that was where they lost to LB). You'd probably agree Meteora should have gotten more grammy nominations than they did (one, for Session..go figure)and that Alicia keyes shouldnt have beaten lp for Best new artist. Not to mention so many people criticise lp for being Rage against the machine rip-offs (not lyrically, but the whole rap rock thing). I could go on for about 10 more paragraphs but i wont.
An lp vendetta site would be ineffective. I was in the fit of rage, and i take that back. Also i take back what i said about U2. They are a rock legend, and i shouldnt have said that. But i still think Jet are a mediocre AC/DC ripoff and Fred Durst is a worse rapper than vanilla ice himself.
Thanks for a competent perspective. Maybe i can analyze those 2 videos and figure out why they won. Once i do, i shall post my view

forumloiterer said:

Although I agree that LP should've easily beat out everyone else, I think that starting a "LP-vendetta" site would be immature. I like Limp Bizkit and U2. A lot of people do. Why should LP fans sink to other fans' level and say bad things about other bands?? I can understand not liking a certain band, but getting together and dissing them as a hobby or something to do for fun? Think about it.....

Back