I really dont get it...

Phasewave

SO many people have bad-mouthed the new album saying "omg its so different, its not what i expected"

But i CLEARLY remembered SEVERAL months ago (im talking 6-8 months)
Reading on the LPA or somewhere mike and rob and chester all clearly stating this album would be NOTHING like the old albums.

Surely i wasnt the only person on the planet to read this, so why is it a shock to everybody its differnt? Ive known for over half a year i wasnt going to get Hybrid Theory Part 3, so why did everybody else expect they would?

I love the new album. I was prepared for something different, so i wasnt dissapointed when i heard it.

SO many people have bad-mouthed the new album saying "omg its so different, its not what i expected"

But i CLEARLY remembered SEVERAL months ago (im talking 6-8 months)
Reading on the LPA or somewhere mike and rob and chester all clearly stating this album would be NOTHING like the old albums.

Surely i wasnt the only person on the planet to read this, so why is it a shock to everybody its differnt? Ive known for over half a year i wasnt going to get Hybrid Theory Part 3, so why did everybody else expect they would?

I love the new album. I was prepared for something different, so i wasnt dissapointed when i heard it.
Yeah I remember them saying that 2, and It's surprising how many are saying OMG its "different" but then again some fans go and some come n that's just how it goes I guess :)

Well, I remember reading this but I didn't think anything of it. I thought it would have Mike in it alittle bit. BUT, you have to admit...they said they are changing but they are going to be more rock and less rapping. Now, thats not bad. I like What I've Done and Bleed it out and Given Up, No more Sorrow - GREAT SONGS. But come on, all these slow ass bitchy songs? It's cool to have like one or maybe two slow songs but 6!? Come on now!!!

From the way the album is, they should have just stuck with Hybird Theory 3. I gaurantee people would love it. I don't know about you but when meteora came out, I DIDNT THINK ONCE that, OMG THIS IS LIKE HYBIRD THEROY TO MUCH. I was like ****ING AWESOME and i'm glad they stuck with the same genere. Thats who linkin park is, they shouldn't change. If i wanted to listen to softer, I would listen to another band such as U2. There is no reason for them to change.

Well, I remember reading this but I didn't think anything of it. I thought it would have Mike in it alittle bit. BUT, you have to admit...they said they are changing but they are going to be more rock and less rapping. Now, thats not bad. I like What I've Done and Bleed it out and Given Up, No more Sorrow - GREAT SONGS. But come on, all these slow ass bitchy songs? It's cool to have like one or maybe two slow songs but 6!? Come on now!!!

From the way the album is, they should have just stuck with Hybird Theory 3. I gaurantee people would love it. I don't know about you but when meteora came out, I DIDNT THINK ONCE that, OMG THIS IS LIKE HYBIRD THEROY TO MUCH. I was like ****ING AWESOME and i'm glad they stuck with the same genere. Thats who linkin park is, they shouldn't change. If i wanted to listen to softer, I would listen to another band such as U2. There is no reason for them to change.
I've Always considered Linkin Park to involve around emotional events then anything heavy like Metallica etc... SO it makes sense a lot of the songs are a slow paste... But I love them all :) They did a great job on every single song... :)

It's because people just can't take change. And it doesn't matter how much warning they get they'll still whine about it.

It's like no matter how large the sign says "HIGH VOLTAGE DO NOT STICK YOUR FINGERS IN" and you stick it in, you were warned, you shoulda expected it. But you still gotta scream.

It's because people just can't take change. And it doesn't matter how much warning they get they'll still whine about it.

It's like no matter how large the sign says "HIGH VOLTAGE DO NOT STICK YOUR FINGERS IN" and you stick it in, you were warned, you shoulda expected it. But you still gotta scream.
That's a good way of putting it lol :thumbsup:

The best thing to do is let the people complain keep complaining and don't say about it because then they are getting attention...the new album is great musicianship compared to the other albums (even though I still prefer HT) and the album isn't gonna complain so if you are gonna cry about the album at least give a decent reason on why you don't like it....

I've Always considered Linkin Park to involve around emotional events then anything heavy like Metallica etc... SO it makes sense a lot of the songs are a slow paste... But I love them all :) They did a great job on every single song... :)

I completely agree with you there. I absolutely love the album, all the songs on it. I admit, I didn't even listen to all the songs before I fell in love with the album. Sure it's different, but change is good. You can't always expect things to stay the same forever. So I think that this new album is amazing, and I like the fact that they have more slow-paced songs. Leave Out All The Rest and Valentine's Day are beautiful songs (actually cried when I heard them!8P ). But you can't expect everyone to adapt to change. Like LP~Shinoda~FM said, people just can't take change. So its really unfortunate that they can't adapt to the new style, but no one can force them to like it if they really don't. You can't please everyone. All that matters is that LP still have oodles of fans and no matter what the fans will always support them.

I completely agree with you there. I absolutely love the album, all the songs on it. I admit, I didn't even listen to all the songs before I fell in love with the album. Sure it's different, but change is good. You can't always expect things to stay the same forever. So I think that this new album is amazing, and I like the fact that they have more slow-paced songs. Leave Out All The Rest and Valentine's Day are beautiful songs (actually cried when I heard them!8P ). But you can't expect everyone to adapt to change. Like LP~Shinoda~FM said, people just can't take change. So its really unfortunate that they can't adapt to the new style, but no one can force them to like it if they really don't. You can't please everyone. All that matters is that LP still have oodles of fans and no matter what the fans will always support them.
Also another point is... If they didn't change and have some more maturity in some of their songs then people would of been like "Linkin Park are getting old.. They always do the same stuff bleh bleh bleh" so think about that :)

And to be honest, Linkin Park needed a change... Because they still were leading the track of when they were in high school, this album how ever shows how much they have matured over the years with their music and there love for it. :)

Also another point is... If they didn't change and have some more maturity in some of their songs then people would of been like "Linkin Park are getting old.. They always do the same stuff bleh bleh bleh" so think about that :)

And to be honest, Linkin Park needed a change... Because they still were leading the track of when they were in high school, this album how ever shows how much they have matured over the years with their music and there love for it. :)

agreed they could don't HT Part 3....anyone who has any knowledge of music could see HT and Meteora were to similar and there career was over if another HT sounding album came out

There's always controversy when a new album is released :confused: But usually the whiny people lose.

Edit: ^And adding to that, Linkin Park has the common sense. They know what people are saying about them, and they know how the two albums were too alike. Even though a lot of people still liked it, another album sounding like that would signify a failure, and an uninsightful band.

I don't agree with you. First of all, If someone complained about the band getting the same and blah blah blah that means they grew out of the music. That's the music they are and if you don't like it, there are PLENTY of other bands out there to get into the music you are now into.

Linkin park needed a change? Please. They made two albums, making this three. You act like they made plenty of albums and it's the same. Look at the plenty of bands that made alot of CD's with the same style and sold millions and no one EVER complained it's the same. That's who they are!

So your saying that the new music showed how much they matured and saying that they weren't matured back then? No, it doesn't make sense. They could have kept the lyrics they made in MTM, that's fine. They could have sang it better. Needed more rapping in it, cause that's who Linkin Park is. They should have never changed. I still like the new album but they went downhill with this album and everyone is admitting it.

Everyone on here knows that HT and Meteroa are better but don't wanna admit it. Some might say that MTM has better lyrics, hey maybe it does, but it could have been put together better. That's all I'm saying. I don't care what anyone says. Sure, the new album is good but it's not who they are plain and simple.

I don't agree with you. First of all, If someone complained about the band getting the same and blah blah blah that means they grew out of the music. That's the music they are and if you don't like it, there are PLENTY of other bands out there to get into the music you are now into.

Linkin park needed a change? Please. They made two albums, making this three. You act like they made plenty of albums and it's the same. Look at the plenty of bands that made alot of CD's with the same style and sold millions and no one EVER complained it's the same. That's who they are!

So your saying that the new music showed how much they matured and saying that they weren't matured back then? No, it doesn't make sense. They could have kept the lyrics they made in MTM, that's fine. They could have sang it better. Needed more rapping in it, cause that's who Linkin Park is. They should have never changed. I still like the new album but they went downhill with this album and everyone is admitting it.

Everyone on here knows that HT and Meteroa are better but don't wanna admit it. Some might say that MTM has better lyrics, hey maybe it does, but it could have been put together better. That's all I'm saying. I don't care what anyone says. Sure, the new album is good but it's not who they are plain and simple.
That's fine you don't agree with me really. But the point still stands, they may have only made 2 albums yes... But a lot of other bands just release over 10 albums of crap!!! And I'm not saying I hate the old albums but come on, It doesn't matter how many albums a band releases until they have to change... That's just stupid. Linkin Park decided to change there style of music and people like you don't like the change and they are complaining about it which is fine.

But at the end of the day!, LP have changed and It's time to get over it!, we have people who hate the album, people who find the album ok in small doses, and people like me! Who Love it to death!... But that's just my opinion on things, and I completely accept if you disagree on things that's fine.

i hope a mod closes this...we ve had a billion other threads discussing this already....

honestly, if YOU like the album, thas GREAT, if you dont, thas GREAT, cause you shouldnt care about what the nbext person thinks, if you like,(which i dont) then thats COMPLETELY up to you, theres no point making a thread telling everyone what we already know and have discussed to absolute death

and dont get me wrong, i dont hate the album because its not HT/meteora, in turn i like the change, but i felt that the change was WAYYY too drastic, i mean you rarely hear hahn/mike anymore, if ur gonna change, aat least still have mike doing something other than rapping in 2 tracks and humming na na na in the other, and joe? u basically only hear him scratch in WID. and the fact is also, the tracks they left out could have easily been alot better than these ones, i think LP took these songs on purpose rather than these were the best 11 tracks we had, cause you look at tracks like No Roads Left(people get a meteora vibe from it) and the mases are absolutely loving it atm. and it makes you wonder whether LP sacrificed some of what they were to change so drastically.

I wouldn't say that it has better lyrics.

But it has better music on it.

They really grew as musicians.

And how can you say that the new album is not who they are?

They have changed their sound...but they are still good old Linkin Park.

You just have to accept the fact that they have changed.

like pterdea, i agree 100%, its GREAT they changed, but i think they changed WAYYY too much, they could at least sound like theyve got some old spirit in them...

Hazi[LP]Tonz;490761 said:
like pterdea, i agree 100%, its GREAT they changed, but i think they changed WAYYY too much, they could at least sound like theyve got some old spirit in them...
i've said it before, that when they changed like they did, they lost a sometihng in their music that made me a fan!

yeah mikes rapping.

This CD is not something I feel like listening to while I'm driving with the windows down and **** like the old linkin park albums. They were awesome. No, this one has to sound like a ****ing emo band with chester crying in the lyrics. Uggh....

Back