i'm back...sort of

evanescencefm

hey guys!!! well, this is lpevanstaind with a new sn....my old one got really messed up, so i had to get a new one.... :mad:...so, i'm gonna repost we're going to be friends and actually finish it!!!! yay!!!!

The bedroom was dark and silent, save a quiet sighing from the sleeping child who occupied it. Five year old Chester Bennington was fast asleep in his trundle bed, the sunlight creeping into his room by way of the spaces in the window shades. It was around 7:30 on a cool morning in September; the day Chester would be starting kindergarten at Robbins Montessori school. He had been preparing for this day for the past week; going to orientation, getting his uniform, and practicing walking to school from his neighborhood. Now, on the day he was supposed to be excited about, he was nervous. He stayed in bed, his eyes tightly closed, dreading the moment his mom would say, "Chester!! Wake up buddy!!! Time for school!!!"

Across the street, four and a half year old Mike Shinoda was already awake and excited about going to Robbins Montessori. He was sitting on his bed, trying to tie his size four sneakers. "X...bunny ears...through the hole....huh???" he asked, staring at his tangle of a shoelace. Confused, he walked to the kitchen where his mother was making breakfast. "Mommy??" he asked. "I can't tie my shoes," "Kenji-chan," his mom said, laughing. "Don't worry about your shoes yet; you're still in your pajamas!" Mike looked down. Sure enough, he was still wearing his Thomas the Tank engine t-shirt and pajama shorts. "Oh!" he exclaimed. "I'll change right now!" Mike ran back to his room to change into his uniform; a white collared shirt, khaki pants, and a red V-neck cable knit sweater. He quickly returned to the kitchen in his uniform, struggling to put on his sweater. "I'm stuck!!" Mike cried, trying in desperation to find the neck hole. His father saw him before he managed to run into the countertop. Catching his tiny son, he said, "Hands up, Mike,". Mike did as he was told, and his dad helped him put on the troublesome red sweater. "There you go, buddy," his dad exclaimed. "Are you set for school?" he asked. "YEAH!!!" Mike cried, jumping up and down. "Not yet, Kenji-chan," his mom said. "Have you had breakfast?" Mike shook his head. "It's right over here," she replied, pointing at a plate with two pieces of toast. Mike skidded over to it and snatched one of the pieces. He gnawed at it, trying to finish his breakfast as fast as he could in order to get to school. "Slow down Mike!!!" his dad exclaimed. "You don't have to leave for another fifteen minutes!" "But DADDY!!!" Mike whined, his chocolate brown eyes shining. "I wanna go NOW!!!!" "We know you do, but Mrs. Bennington and I decided you and her son Chester would leave at 8," his mom explained. "What time do you want to walk over to Chester's?" "Ummm" Mike articulated, his eyes looking up at the ceiling as he thought. "Before 8," he answered, grinning. "How long before 8?" his dad asked him. "I dunno; before 8!" Mike replied. "Come here Kenji-chan," his mom said as she stood near the kitchen clock. Mike walked over to her. "Look at the clock," she instructed. "The big hand on the clock is on..." "The nine!" Mike exclaimed. He had been learning his numbers for the past month, and was getting better at them. "What's after nine?" she quizzed him. "Ten!!!" Mike shouted, his voice surprisingly loud for his diminuitive size. "Shh, not so loud honey," his mom chided him. "What's the number after ten?" "Ummm...." Mike thought. He stared at the clock, trying to think of the name of the number on the clock that he was looking at. "Tendy one??" he asked. "Good try buddy. That number is eleven. Would you like to leave when the big hand is on the eleven?" his mom countered him. "Yeah, when it's on that number," Mike agreed, smiling broadly. "Okay, so we're going to leave in ten minutes. Can you get ready by then?" his mom explained. "Yup!" Mike responded, running back to finish his toast.

"Chester..." Chester's mother Angeline whispered. "Wake up; it's time for school" "No..." Chester moaned. "I don't wanna go," "Are you scared?" Angeline asked. "I don't know. I have a tummyache" he mumbled. "That's because you're nervous, baby. Don't worry; you'll do great at school! You're going to have so much fun making friends, and Mike across the street's going to be in your class! Won't that be fun?" she asked. "No," Chester stated defiantly. "Why not?" Angeline exclaimed. "I don't know Mike," he whispered, tears beginning to form in his light brown eyes. "But Chester, that's the fun of going to school! You make friends when you go to school!" Chester sat up in bed and hugged his mother tight. "I know you're scared, but you have to go, ok???" Angeline said. "Why!!!!" Chester whined. "Chester, I promise, when you get home I'll hear all about your day, ok?" she promised. "Okay," Chester decided, a small smile forming on his face. "Good boy; will you get ready for school now?" his mom asked. Chester nodded.

"The big hand's on the eleven!!!" Mike exclaimed. "Wow; I remembered the number!" he thought to himself. "Are you ready, Kenji-chan?" his mother asked from the living room. "Yup!!!" he cried, running towards the door. "Okay! Let's go over to Chester's house!" his mom replied, a nervous smile upon her face. The two left the house, and almost immediately Mike began scampering towards Chester's house. "KENJI-CHAN! STOP!" his mom yelled. Mike stopped dead in his tracks. "What have I told you about crossing the street?" she cried. "I don't cross without looking both ways and holding your hand," Mike replied solemnly. He unwillingly took his mother's hand and walked slowly across the street to Chester's ranch style house. "Would you like to knock on the door?" his mother asked. "Okay," Mike said, his face brightening up after his ridiculing. He took his small hand and banged on the door. "Chester!!!!" a woman's voice called from inside the house. "Mike and his mother are here!!!!" A minute later, the woman opened the door. "Hi Yomi. Hey Mike!!!! Are you ready for school?" Angeline asked Mike. He nodded shyly. "Sorry about that Angeline. He's shy around strangers," Yomi apologized. "No problem; Chester's like that too," Angeline replied. "Come on in. Chester will be ready in a minute," Then, she whispered in Yomi's ear, "He's a little nervous about starting school. I'm regretting moving so late in the summer. It was a big change for him, and he hasn't really had time to adjust,". "There's a saying in Japanese, shikata ga na, it can't be helped. You moved when you could. Don't worry; things will fall into place," Yomi consoled her. "That's not the big thing though," Angeline replied. "This is the first time he's not been near his dad. I'm afraid he misses him," "You mean..." Yomi started. "Yes," Angeline cut her off. "We did. Things were....GREAT in Wyoming!" she exclaimed as Chester walked into the room, a sullen look upon his face. "You remember seeing Yellowstone park in Wyoming, don't you Chester? Where Yogi Bear lives?" she asked. Chester nodded, seeing Mike sitting on the living room couch. He swallowed nervously, trying to get rid of the lump caught in his throat. "You remember Mike, don't you?" Angeline asked him. "Yeah," he mumbled. "Hi, Mike" "Hullo," Mike whispered. "I think you guys are ready to go, right?" Yomi asked the two of them. They nodded in unison. "Well, we'll let you get going then," Angeline said, gulping slightly. "Goodbye Chazzy," " 'Bye Mommy," Chester whispered, running towards his mother and hugging her. "Be brave, buddy. I'll be here when you get home," Angeline responded. Chester unclenched his arms from his mother's waist, walked towards the door, and opened it. "Are you...are you ready?" he asked Mike, stuttering slightly. "Yeah," Mike replied, taking in a deep breath of air to calm his nerves.

Chester held the door open as Mike walked out the door. He then turned around and gently closed it. He had been taught long ago not to slam doors; they'd break if you did. The two of them began to walk down Chester's driveway in silence. Their nerves got in the way of any chance of conversation. A brisk wind had started up and blew a pile of leaves around Chester's front yard. Mike let out a small giggle. "I like leaves," he said cheerfully. "Me too," Chester replied quietly. "They're fun to jump in,"

Mike looked up at Chester, a small glimmer in his eyes. "Can we start over?" he asked quietly. "What do you mean?" Chester asked, confused. "I don't think I introduced myself well," Mike replied sheepishly. "Ok," Chester said. "You go first," Mike turned to look Chester straight in the eyes. "Hi. I"m Michael Kenji Kobayashi Shinoda and I'm four and a half years old!" Mike introduced himself, grinning broadly. "Ummm...I'm Chester Charles Bennington and I'm five years old," Chester replied, his cheeks turning a slight shade of red. "You're four and a half, and you're starting kindergarten?" he asked. "Yup," Mike replied, his voice full of pride. "Mommy says I'm smart enough," "When's your birthday?" Chester asked Mike, his eyes widening. "Feberurary eleven," Mike stumbled. "It's February," Chester corrected him. "Yeah, Feberuary!" Mike replied stubbornly. "When's your birthday?" "March...ummm...it's the one with a two and a zero next to it" Chester said, searching his mind for what number he was thinking of. "I don't know that one," Mike replied, embarassed.
They walked along the paved sidewalk until they reached the crosswalk. "Ummm, where do we go now?" Mike asked. "We turn left to the park," Chester answered him, happy that he had remembered where to go. Mike grabbed Chester's hand as they crossed the street. "Mike," Chester started. "You don't need to grab my hand so hard," "But my mommy says I have to hold hands when I cross the street," Mike responded, his eyes wide with confusion. "That's what my mommy says too; but you don't have to make my hand hurt," Chester assured him. "Okay," Mike agreed, loosening his grip on Chester's hand.
After crossing the street, they entered the park. Mike hadn't walked that far before, so he looked at everything in awe. Suddenly Chester gasped in delight. "Look!!!!" he exclaimed. "What??" Mike asked. "Anthills!!!!" he cried. "Cool!!!!" Mike shouted, kneeling down to look at the millions of ants escaping from the tower of sand on the grass. "They're really small," he noticed. "Yeah," Chester replied. "That's 'cuz they live in the ground," "I want an ant!!!!" Mike exclaimed, chasing after a small black ant. Suddenly, Mike tripped over a tree root in his way and fell upon the ground. "Are you ok??" Chester asked. Mike sat whimpering near the tree, his shoes untied. "My shoes are untied," Mike sniffled. "Want me to get them?" Chester said. Mike nodded. "It'll be a minute," Chester assured him. "but things'll be ok," He tied Mike's shoes in a flash. "Wow," Mike exclaimed quietly. "You're good," "Thank you," Chester acknowledged him. "I've had practice," "Let's go," Mike said. "I wanna go to school!" He started to run down the sidewalk, Chester closely behind him. "You know what?" Chester called to Mike. "What?" he responded. "You're fast for a four year old!!" "Well," Mike retorted, "Your feet are big!!!" "And your head is big!!" Chester cried. "And your nose is big!!!" Mike shouted. "And....and....I DUNNO!!!!!" Chester shouted back, giggling. He caught up to Mike, and they continued walking down the street to school. A few blocks later, they saw a small brick building with a peeling sign. "What's that say?" Mike asked. "Rob...robbins....Robbins Mon...Montes...Montessori!!!!" Chester sounded out. "We're here!!!!!!" They ran toward the school, but slowly tired out before they reached the end of the block. There was a playground across from the school with many shady trees to sit under before starting a day at school, and the two of them gravitated towards the playground. "You want to sit down?" Chester asked breathlessly. "Yup," Mike replied, leaning on Chester for support. They walked towards an oak tree and sat down underneath it. The shade was a relief from the bright sunlight that had followed them on the way to school. "Are you nervous?" Chester asked. "Ummm....I dunno," Mike thought aloud. He lied down on his stomach, watching a small cricket sneaking through the grass. It almost seemed to disappear in the greenery, its exoskeleton acting like a camoflague as it skippped from leaf to leaf. "I think we better go," Chester said, bringing Mike out of his daze. "Sure," Mike agreed. They walked a little further and walked through the gates of Robbins Montessori school.

Robbins Montessori was a small, wide school that spanned at least two acres of land. The red brick contrasted with the brown roof tiles above it, and the white trim on the windows gave the building a homely look to it. A few yards away from the building was a large playground with a playscape, jungle gym, swings, monkey bars, and balance beams. Children were racing around after each other in unadulterated glee. Some were playing tag, and others were standing in groups talking to each other in quiet voices. The two boys stared in awe at their new school.
"Wow," Chester breathed. "This is cool,". Mike, on the other hand, began to hide behind Chester; a simple thing to do because he was so small. "What are you doing?" Chester asked him in surprise. "I'm scared. I'm so small, and this is so big," Mike said, his eyes full of fear. Chester knelt down so that he was face to face with the frightened child. "Don't worry Mike. I'll be here with you, so you won't get lost," he assured him. Mike looked back at him apprehensively. "Promise?" he asked meekly. "Promise," CHester replied confidently. Suddenly, a bell rang. The children who had been playing on the playscape ran towards the entrance of the school and assembled in lines at the edge of the sidewalk in front of many older women; obviously teachers. Chester and Mike stood in the middle of all the chaos, confused and afraid. "Where do we go?" Chester asked frightenedly. "I dunno!" Mike cried, hugging Chester's waist. Soon the other children walked inside, leaving the two of them to wonder where they should go. "Let's follow those guys!" Chester decided, pointing at a trailing line. "Okay," Mike agreed. The two boys ran towards the line and began to walk in synch with the others. They followed the line into a classroom that clearly didn't look like a kindergarten room. There were desks aligned in rows with books on top of them. Banners on the walls announced: "Welcome to first grade!" in bright, bold lettering. Mike instinctively hid behind Chester as they stood in the doorway, not knowing what to do. "Can I help you?" the teacher asked them. "Ummmm....ummm" Chester stuttered, his eyes watering. "Are you lost?" she continued. Chester nodded fearfully. Mike leaned his head out behind the protective barrier that was Chester's back, but immediately slinked behind it again. "Don't be scared," the teacher assured them. "I know what it's like to be new. Do you know what grade you're in?" "Kkkindergarten," Chester stuttered. "Come with me," she said comfortingly.
Chester and Mike followed the older woman warily, worried about where they were going to go. She opened an oak door, and led the two boys into a larger room with children about their size roaming around different areas of the room. They saw one corner full of books; another with paints, easels, crayons, and papers; another with blocks; and one with tables and chairs set up in rows. There was a bulletin board in front of them with big stars labeled with children's names. "I see mine!" Mike whispered. "Me too," Chester replied quietly. "Mrs. Bryant?" the teacher asked. "Yes?" she replied. "I found two of your students. They got lost in the morning shuffle," the teacher explained. Mrs. Bryant walked towards the brace of boys. "You must be Mike and Chester," she said kindly. They nodded nervously. "I'm Mrs. Bryant, your teacher. Welcome to kindergarten! How are you feeling?" The boys looked at each other and back at Mrs. Bryant. "Scared," they said in unison. "You're in the right place now; there's no need to be scared," she assured them. "Why don't you two help me set up the morning meeting area?" "Ok!" Mike agreed, a small smile forming on his face. "I'll help too," Chester concurred. "Good," Mrs. Bryant exclaimed. "I see that you'll get along fine here," They followed Mrs. Bryant to a small area of the room that had a big calendar and a pile of mats. "Could you put these mats in a circle?" she asked. "Yup!" Chester said happily. The boys picked up five mats each and placed them in a wavy circle. "Good try, boys" Mrs. Bryant complimented them. "Now, if you look at the mats, they say a name on them. Can you find yours?" "Mine's here!" Mike cried, pointing down at his mat. "And Chester's is next to me!" "Wow; good job!" Mrs. Bryant exclaimed. "So, could you sit on your mats while I call everyone else over?" The two boys sat down obediently on their mats. Mrs. Bryant smiled at them, then turned her back. "Everyone! Come here for morning meeting!" she called. Eight other children scrambled to where Mrs. Bryant was standing. "Ok, I want you to find the mat with your name on it and sit down on it. Can you do it?" she instructed. The other children nodded and scampered to their mat. They sat down, waiting for what would happen next.

ok - it's all reposted, so i'm gonna start continuing it!!!! wooters!!! haha...

To the left of Chester was a tiny, lanky boy who wore his uniform about one size too large. He seemed friendly enough, so Chester looked at the boy's mat to see what his name was. "Travis...B..." he read quietly. "Yeah?" Travis asked. "I'm sorry," Chester apologized, looking down at his mat. "It's ok," Travis replied. "I can tell you're shy. I'm Travis Barker; nice to meet you," "I'm Chester Bennington; nice to meet you too," he whispered. "Are you new?" he asked. "I've never seen you before," "Yeah," Chester replied. "We moved here from Wisconsin," "CHEESE COUNTRY!!!" the girl next to Travis cheered. "I'm Holly Brook!!! I'm from Wisconsin too!!!" "What part?" Chester asked. "I dunno," Holly replied, looking up at the ceiling as she thought. "I moved here when I was a baby," "I'm from Green Bay," Chester replied. "Ever seen a football game there?" Travis asked. "Nuh uh.." Chester articulated, shaking his head. "I've never seen a football game,"
As Chester was conversing with Travis and Holly, Mike looked at the girl who was sitting next to him. She was small, but with long flowing black hair and bright green eyes. She too seemed very shy, so Mike tried to get her to open up. "What's your name?" Mike asked. The girl turned around and looked at him, startled. "Aaaaamy Lllleee," she stuttered. "Wwwwhat do you want?" "I wanted to say hi to you. I'm Michael Kenji Kobayashi Shinoda, and I'm four and a half years old!!" he replied cheerfully. "I'm almost five," she replied quietly. "I turn five in November," "Wow," Mike said. "I turn five in Feberuary," "Cool," Amy said, her voice a tiny bit louder.

hey guys!!!! i'm back and ready to post!!!!
"One, two, three; eyes on me!" Mrs. Bryant said cheerfully. The students immediately stopped their conversations and looked up attentively at their teacher. "Welcome to kindergarten. My name is Mrs. Bryant, and I will be your teacher this year," she said, introducing herself. "I see we have two new faces who weren't in our Pre-K class,". Chester and Mike looked at eachother, their faces turning crimson. "Chester, Mike, would you like to introduce yourselves?". The two of them stood up, their eyes planted on the ground. "Ummm, I'm Chester," Chester whispered embarassedly. "I'm Mike," Mike added. "Hi Chester! Hi Mike!" the class responded. "Thank you boys. Now, who knows what day it is?" Mrs. Bryant asked, changing the subject.
Chester and Mike sat down quietly, still feeling the effects of having to stand up in front of the class and introducing themselves. While talking with individuals, the two of them were fine, but in front of a group, Chester felt like he was about to puke, and Mike wished he could become invisible and disappear into the crowd. Chester breathed in deeply, trying to settle his nerves. His face was still a pale pink, and his hands shook slightly. Mike, on the other hand, stretched his legs out in front of him and continued to listen to Mrs. Bryant. At this point, she was discussing their groups for center times. "Everyone is in a group of two, and they move together through the centers according to what day it is," She began handing out pieces of paper which had their names, what day it was, and their center schedule. Chester looked at his schedule. He was to go to the writing center first, then blocks, then reading, and then art. "What do you have?" he whispered to Mike. Mike handed his schedule to Chester. To his surprise, he was following the same schedule as him. "We're together!" Mike replied excitedly. "Okay, everyone put your mats in the corner near the calendar and head to your first center," Mrs. Bryant instructed. The children did as they were told, placing their mats in a disorderly pile and scampering to their first center. "Wonder what we do in writing?" Mike asked as they walked over to the corner with the tables and the chairs. They sat down next to eachother and waited for Mrs. Bryant to tell them what they needed to do.
The morning passed by quickly for the two boys. They learned how to write the letters A, B, and C, and made a giant tower in the blocks center. In Reading, they tried to read books to each other, and they drew pictures in Art. By this time, it was lunch, and to nobody's surprise, Mike was feeling quite exhausted. He was the youngest in the class, so he would naturally become tired earlier than the others. He sat with Chester, Amy, Travis, and Holly and barely said a word. "What's up Mike?" Holly asked between bites of her peanut butter and banana sandwich. "Are you ok?" "I'm sleepy," Mike yawned, taking a small sip of his tomato soup. "Don't worry," Travis assured him. "We get a nap after lunch," "What!" Chester exclaimed, annoyed. "But we're five!" "Yeah, but this is full day kindergarten, not half day," Amy explained quietly. "People get tireder in full day kindergarten," "I'm not tired!" he stated defiantly. Chester blinked back his exhaustion to prove that he could stand the stresses of being in school all day; but Travis saw right through him. "You're tired too!" Travis cried, knocking Chester off his guard. He emitted a long, quiet yawn as he tried to mutter "No I'm not," Holly and Amy giggled. "Silly sleepy Chazzy," "Why'd you call me Chazzy?" Chester asked confused. "I dunno," Holly replied, shaking her head. "It rhymed," "Oh," he said. Suddenly, a loud whistling noise rang throughout the classroom. The five children stared at eachother, not knowing what to do. "What is it?" Amy asked. "Children, this is a fire drill. Put your lunches down and follow me," Mrs. Bryant instructed. They did as they were told, putting their lunches on their table and walking over to Mrs. Bryant. "Line up in one line," she said." We're going to walk out of the classroom, down this hall, and to the right. After, we walk out the door and to the tree. Clear?" Everyone nodded their heads, not sure what was going on. THey quickly followed their teacher out of the classroom, down the hall, to the entrance to the school. Amidst the confusion, nobody knew that Amy was crying, covering her ears to dull the noise of the fire alarm. Loud noises frightened her, and this was no exception. She trembled and quivered with each passing step she took, wishing she could get away from the fire alarm.
As soon as the class was at the tree, Mrs. Bryant began to take attendance. "Travis Barker?" she called. "Here!" he exclaimed. "Chester Bennington?" Chester raised his hand quietly. "Holly Brook?" "Yup!" "Sean Dowdell?" "Hi," "Avril Lavigne?" "Here!" "Amy Lee?" Amy nodded. "Amy?" she asked. "Hullo," she whispered, wiping her eyes. Mrs. Bryant looked down at Amy and smiled. "I'll talk with you later Ames, ok?"she said kindly. Amy nodded and looked down at the grass as Mrs. Bryant continued to take attendance. "Aaron Lewis?" "Here!" "Mike Shinoda?" "Here," he replied shakily. Like Amy, he had become frightened by the fire drill and was hiding behind Chester. He leaned his head out from behind Chester's back and saw Mrs. Bryant's smiling face. "It's ok, Mike," she assured him. "Everything's fine. Come out from where you're hiding," Mike took a shaky step out from behind Chester and stood next to him. The class waited for three minutes, and then Mrs. Bryant led them back to the room. "Now that that's over with," she started, laughing slightly. "it's naptime. I want you to choose a cot and lie down on it." Everyone walked around to the cots in the center of the room. Each was equipped with a pillow and a blanket for each child, and to their surprise, a stuffed animal. "Your parents brought in a stuffed animal of yours for you to have at naptime," Mrs. Bryant added. The children found their stuffed animals at their cots, and slowly lied down on them. Mike and Chester were next to eachother again, and they lied on their sides as Mrs. Bryant continued to speak. "I hope that you will fall asleep, but if you can't, please stay on your cot for the next hour. If anyone stays asleep longer than an hour, we'll bring you to the quiet room next door so you can sleep. Now, I'm going to turn the lights off, and I want it to be quiet in here, ok?" She walked over to the lightswitch and turned off the lights. "Have a nice nap," she said. "Goodnight Mike," Chester whispered as he began to fall asleep. However, Mike didn't hear him. He had fallen asleep as soon as he had lied down.

hey...does anyone still like this story?? i know the last bit wasn't that good, but i'm trying....here's the next part...

By around one-fifteen, most of the children had fallen asleep. Unfortunately, Amy wasn't one of them. She lied on her back, her eyes closed, willing her mind to calm down and let her sleep. Nothing she did seemed to work; counting sheep, relaxing her muscles, mind games. It left her frustrated beyond belief. As the minutes ticked by, she wished she could be like everyone else, easily able to sleep for an hour and wake up refreshed and happy. She often had trouble sleeping, and habitually woke up in the middle of the night with the feeling that nothing would help her go back to dreaming. Fortunately, by one-fifty five, she was able to pass out into a dreamless sleep; her mind wearing her out considerably. Lying limply on her cot, she seemed almost comatose, depression sinking into her like morphine.
At two o'clock, Mrs. Bryant turned the lights on in the classroom. Five of the children slowly sat up, rubbing their eyes sleepily as they began to wake up. "Hello," Mrs. Bryant greeted them. "Hi," the children mumbled tiredly. "How are you feeling?" she asked. "Good," they replied, looking up at their teacher. "Great! So, in the afternoon, we have our specials. Today, we're going to music with Mrs. Kowaki," Mrs. Bryant said. The other childrens' faces brightened considerably; but three children were conspicuously separate from that group. "Are Mike, Chester, and Amy awake?" Mrs. Bryant asked. "No, they're still asleep," Holly said. "Yeah, Chester won't wake up, even when I've poked him," Travis added, grinning. "Travis, we don't poke people," Mrs. Bryant chided him.

"But WHY?!?!?!?" Travis whined. "It's not nice," Mrs. Bryant replied sternly. "Don't let me catch you doing that again," "Ok," Travis agreed, his face showing numerous levels of disappointment. Mrs. Bryant walked over to Amy's cot and shook her slightly. "Amy?" she asked. Usually, if Amy had just fallen asleep, Mrs. Bryant was able to wake her up quickly. However, Amy didn't budge; so Mrs. Bryant decided on a different tactic. "Amy; it's time for music class," she whispered in her ear. Still, Amy wouldn't move. "Can I try?" Holly asked. "No, Holly; I don't think Amy wants to wake up," Mrs. Bryant decided. "Awww! Amy can't go to music with me!!" Holly exclaimed, her face falling. "Mrs. Bryant? I'm here," Mrs. Kowaki called.
Mrs. Kowaki, the music teacher, was a slender woman with short red hair and a kind face. She was an energetic woman who loved teaching music to the students in Robbins Montessori. She had a particular interest in the kindergarten classes; they seemed to be the most cooperative and interested in what she had to say. When she taught kindergarten class in the afternoon, it was the highlight of her day.
"Hi kids!" she greeted them cheerfully. "Hi Mrs. K!" Holly exclaimed. "How's everyone doing?" Mrs. Kowaki asked. "Good!" the children replied. "That's great. Now, I've got to take attendance before we go, so raise your hand when you hear your name. Travis?" Mrs. Kowaki said. He raised his hand, shifting impatiently from his left foot to the right. "Chester?" she asked. "Mrs. Kowaki, can I see you for a moment?" Mrs. Bryant interjected. "Sure," Mrs. Kowaki replied, walking over to her.
"What's wrong?" she asked, her voice lowered to a whisper. "Nothing, nothing. It's just...Chester and two of the other children won't be joining you today," Mrs. Bryant explained. "Oh, the nap thing. Amy again?" Mrs. Kowaki said understandingly. "Yeah, as well as Chester's friend Mike," Mrs. Bryant replied. "If they wake up, I'll send them over," "Good," Mrs. Kowaki agreed. "It'll be a shame not having Amy in class today. I know how much she enjoys it," "Well, I think things have been getting worse with her over the summer. She seems more anti-social than she was last year," Mrs. Bryant whispered. "The poor dear," Mrs. Kowaki sympathised. "So, everyone else should be coming today?" "Yes," Mrs. Bryant stated. "I'll be going then," Mrs. Kowaki replied. She walked over to the group of children standing by the door. "Let's go!" she exclaimed. "YAY!" Holly cried. "Shh! Don't be so loud!" Aaron snapped.
Meanwhile, back in the classroom, Mrs. Bryant carried Chester, Mike and Amy back into the "quiet room", which was a smaller room to the side of the normal classroom. It was equipped with a pull-out couch for children to sleep on, and a refrigerator to hold the class's lunches. Since the room was well-used, there was a small amount of clutter on the tables next to the refrigerator and the couch. Mrs. Bryant placed the sleeping children on the couch, left the room and shut the door.

i g2g. please r/r!!!!

yay! someone reviewed my story!!! thanks a lot!!!! here's the next bit!!!

Chester, Mike and Amy slept quietly for what seemed like an hour, even though it was actually twenty minutes. The silence seemed to cover the room like a blanket, muffling everything that went on outside the room. Soon, however, it was broken by a soft cry from Amy. She was in the midst of a nightmare, her legs thrashing as if she was running. Her right leg hit Chester's ankle, waking him up. "Whuhhh??" Chester mumbled, turning over in a daze. He managed to see Amy's legs narrowly missing his shin through his half-open eyes. He opened them fully and crawled over to Amy. "Amy," Chester whispered patiently, rubbing her shoulder. Amy began to sob quietly, her body trembling. "Amy, wake up; it's me, Chester," he started. He sat her up and let her lean on his shoulder. Her eyes slit open, and she hugged Chester close. "It's okay, It's okay," Chester replied comfortingly, brushing the hair out of her face. "What's going on?" Mike mumbled, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. He stared at Amy and asked, "Is she ok?". "I had a bad dream again," Amy replied forlornly. "Awww," Mike said, crawling over and hugging her. "I have bad dreams too," "So do I," Chester added. "I don't like them at all. But my mommy usually hugs me and says things will be better," "Are you gonna go back to sleep?" Mike asked. "Nuh uh. I don't wanna," Amy said, shuddering slightly. "Are you?" "I wanna," Mike stated, yawning quietly. "Me too," Chester agreed, lying down next to Amy. "I'll stay with you two then," Amy decided, yawning slightly. "See, you're still sleepy," Mike giggled. "Sleepy Amy Lee," Chester yawned, closing his eyes. "We'll keep you safe; we're boys!" Mike exclaimed tiredly, lying down on the other side of Amy. "No big bad monster will get through us!" "Thanks you guys," Amy replied, lying between the two boys and throwing her blanket over the three of them. "Night night Mike," Again, Mike was asleep before he could hear what Amy said.

i'm gonna go - watching the documentary on the beslan siege - PLEASE R/R!!!!

hey all!!! thanks so much for reviewing my story! it means a lot to me...btw, linkinrapark - where'd your linkin park banner go? all i see is the grey daze one now...*grabs mike from mike lol. starts speaking in those weird movie dude voices* and now - back to the story. *throws the mike back at mike before he strangles me*

Around quarter of three, Mrs. Bryant returned to the quiet room to check on the three kindergarteners, who were still asleep. "I wonder what got them so tired..." she wondered aloud. Chester heard his teacher's voice and stirred. He opened his eyes and asked "What's going on?" "Hi Chester," Mrs. Bryant replied. "Did you just wake up?" "Mmhmm. I think I was sorta asleep," Chester said. He turned over and shook Amy gently. "Amy, wake up...Mrs. Bryant's here," he whispered in her ear. Amy's eyes opened in response. "She's here?" she asked, yawning. "Yup," Chester replied. Amy sat up, moving the blanket the three of them shared to their legs. "Hi Mrs. Bryant," Amy greeted her tiredly. "Hello Amy," Mrs. Bryant responded. "Would you two mind waking Mike up? It's almost time to go home. You've slept most of this afternoon," "Ok," Chester and Amy replied. As Mrs. Bryant turned and left the room, the two of them discussed what method to use to wake up a sleeping four and a half year old. "I wanna tickle him!" Amy exclaimed gleefully. "Tickle him until he wets his pants!!!" "Amy!!!" Chester cried, laughing. "That's so mean!!! I don't want him to wet his pants!!!! At least," he said, lowering his voice to a whisper, "not on the first day," "Awww!!! So I have to wait?!?!?!?" Amy complained. "Why are you all yelling about me and my pants?" Mike mumbled, still half asleep. "Mikey!!! Mrs. Bryant says to wake up!!!" Amy sang, closing in on Mike's stomach. "Or the TICKLE MONSTER WILL GET YA!!!" Amy began tickling Mike's stomach as he scrunched into a giggling ball. "Stop! Stop!" Mike cried breathlessly. "Are ya up?" Chester asked, laughing. "Uh huh!" Mike exclaimed, a grin spread across his face as he sat up. "Let's go do some stuff!" The three children got off the couch and walked into the classroom, where Mrs. Bryant was occupied with their classmates who had just returned from Music. "Amy!!" Holly cried, running over and hugging her. "I missed you in music class. It was so fun!!" "Yeah!" Travis agreed. "While you three were sleeping, I got to play drums! Boom boom boom boom!!!" "Aww! I wanted to go to music!" Mike whined. "You shouldn't have been such a sleepyhead then!" Sean exclaimed, giggling. "He's only four!" Chester retorted. "And a half!" Mike added, scowling. "Oops, sorry," Chester apologized. "I can't forget the half," "That's right! I'm four and a half years old!" Mike exclaimed proudly. "You're very proud of that half, aren't you," Avril noticed. "Yup," Mike replied. "But that makes you littler than me, cuz I'm five and a half!" she thought aloud. "Whoa..." the rest of the class exclaimed. "I turn six in January," she said. "When's your birthday Mike?" "Umm...Feberuary," he whispered, feeling somewhat ashamed of his age. "And you turn five, right?" she confirmed. "Uh huh," Mike replied softly. "I'm bigger than Mike!" Avril shouted in glee. Mike stared at the ground, his face crimson. "Don't listen to her," Holly whispered. "She's a big meanie,"
At 3:20, school ended. The eight kindergarteners walked cheerfully out of the school building and went their separate ways: Aaron, Sean, Avril and Holly were in a carpool with Mrs. Lewis and Mrs. Brook, Amy rode home with her mom, and Chester and Mike walked home. As they walked through the park, Chester consoled Mike about the matter of his age. "Nobody else seems to care," he said. "They think you're cool," "No they don't; they think I'm small," Mike replied, clearly unconvinced. "What about Holly?" Chester asked. "She likes you. She stuck up for you!" "Yeah," Mike agreed, his face brightening. "And nobody else cared that you were four and a half either! Amy's not turning five until November, so she's the same as you!" "Yeah!" Mike exclaimed. "I like being four and a half anyways. I can hide in the kitchen cupboard so when my mommy's looking for a pan to cook with I can scare her!" The two giggled at the thought of Mike's mother finding him in a cupboard and shrieking in fright. "Being five is cool though. You do more stuff," Chester replied. "Like what?" Mike asked. "Umm, T-ball?" "I never heard of T-ball," Mike said forlornly. "You're way too cool for me," "No I'm not!" Chester cried. "I'm not starting kindergarten at four and a half, thank you very much! That's so much cooler than anything I've done!" "Really? Not even T-ball?" Mike confirmed. "Really really," Chester said. The two reached Chester's house, where Angeline and Yomi were waiting on the porch for their sons. "How was school boys?" Yomi called. "Fun!" they cried in unison, running over to their respective parent. "Did you make any new friends?" Angeline asked. "Yup! Holly, Amy, and Travis," Chester answered, naming his peers off on his fingers. "Good boy Chazzy," his mother complimented him, rubbing his short hair as he sat on her lap. "I knew you'd make friends," "So, what else did you do?" Yomi inquired. "Ummm, we painted and we read and we wrote letters," Mike replied."Wow," Yomi exclaimed. "Our little boys are growing up," Angeline sighed. "Yeah, they're growing so fast," Yomi agreed. "I'll talk with you tomorrow Angeline," "Okay. Tomorrow then," Angeline called. '"Bye Chester!" Mike cried. " 'Bye Mike!" Chester called back.
Later that evening, while Chester was taking his bath, Angeline got a phone call from Chester's father, Don. "Hello?" "Angeline," Don said coldly. "May I speak to our son? I believe he started kindergarten today," "No, you can't. He's in the bath," Angeline answered shortly. "Why can't you accept that I am also his father!" he cried angrily. "Why can't you accept that I got custody of him!" she snarled in a low whisper. "Now if you don't mind, I would prefer it if you wouldn't call when Chester's at home. He doesn't need to know we fight," "Point taken. Tell him I said hello and good luck this year," Don sighed. "I will. Goodbye," Angeline replied, hanging up the phone. She walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door, listening to Chester playing with his toy duck and frog. "Chester honey? Your dad called to wish you good luck this year," Angeline called in.

I g2g - i'll finish this later i PROMISE!!! R/R PLZ!!!

"What'd he say?" Chester called out. He had dunked his head under the water and had only heard a fraction of what his mother had said. "He said hello and good luck this year in kindergarten," Angeline replied. "When's Daddy coming back?" he asked, swatting his duck out of the bath tub. "He's busy baby. You'll probably see him at Thanksgiving. Are you finished with your bath?" she said, choosing her words carefully as to not upset her young son. "Uh huh," Chester replied, unplugging the drain and stepping out of the tub. He took a large towel from the rack beside the tub and wrapped himself in it, shivering slightly from the cool air. He turned the door handle and walked out of the bathroom, down the hall, and to his small room. He quickly changed into his pajamas and climbed into bed. "Mommy! I'm ready!" Chester called down the hall.
Every night he and his mother had a routine. His mother would come into his room and sit beside him as he said his prayers. Then, she'd read him part or all of a story that he had chosen. By that time, Chester was usually asleep and his mother would turn off the light and give him a kiss on the forehead.
"Okay honey, I'm here," his mother said quietly. "Let me hear your prayers," "Now I lay me down to sleep, pray the Lord my soul to keep and if I die before I wake, pray the Lord my soul to take in the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost and the Spirit in His name we pray Amen," Chester recited, finishing with the sign of the Cross. "Good job CHester. THey've really been digging that into you in CCD, haven't they," "Uh huh," he nodded, snuggling down underneath the covers. "Now, what do you want me to read to you?" Angeline asked. "Umm, the story with the boy and the peach," Chester replied. "James and the Giant Peach" she asked. CHester nodded sleepily, closing his eyes partway. As Angeline began to read, Chester fell asleep peacefully, his mothers' voice a soothing soundtrack into dreams.
Meanwhile, at Mike's house, he was also in bed, waiting for his mother to read to him. "Mommy! I have my book!" he cried. "One minute honey!" Yomi called back. She walked into his room and sat beside Mike's bed. "Is this the puppy one again?" she asked. "Yup!" Mike replied happily. "Ok," Yomi said. She began reading as Mike lied in bed, paying close attention to the story. At the end, she closed the book and gave Mike a goodnight kiss. "Sleep well Kenji-chan," "Arigato," Mike replied sleepily, his eyes already shut.
By 8:15, both boys were fast asleep.

THis is the end of Ch.1...I'm putting this in 9 chapters (one for each month of school), so we're just getting started BIATCH!!!!! r/r!!!!!

Back