is this normal

foretrax

Ok i installed my DASA a few days ago and i took the airbox lid off to try it out. i didn't rejet it but i wanted to see what would happen. it bogged out like expected so i tried to just put my lid back on and it runs like a raped date. its torquey as hell and it doesn't bog at all i tried revving the hell out of it and it just ran. Should i just leave my jetting alone and leave the lid on?

everything is stock right now. there is a k&n filter in there that i'm going to replace with a uni-filter soon going to get a cam in the next 2 months probably

If your jetting is stock at the moment.. you probably are in the ball park... bump your main at least size or two though with the dasa/K&N. Or take the air box lid off, re-jet and really open it up.

sounds good thanks for the advice. i want to take the airbox off but i want to ride sometime this week so i figure i'll wait until next week to mess with the jetting

I wouldn't wait too long to get jetting right even with the lid on before you start really riding it... there isn't much harder on these engines than running them lean

yeah but it will fine with the lid on, severely lean would mean it's gonna cut out on him when he tries to go.

if you decide to take the lid off we can suggest proper jets but we will need to know what year it is.

It's an 08. Seems to be running great I don't think its running lean. I can check the plugs though

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

always rejet with pipe filter intake changes

What he said ^^ Didn't mean it to sound like you'll be fine as you are.. by "in the ballpark" I mean you are close, bump up a size or two and see how it runs.. you should actually notice the difference. Plug checks on 4 strokes are not very accurate.. and you need a new plug each time to do it anywhere near properly.

Rode with a guy this weekend that has basically the same setup only he is on an 05 and it has been rejetted. After hearing that DASA uncorked I think that is on my wishlist for sure!!

[video=youtube;SjouUS1eVnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjouUS1eVnE&hd=1[/video]

Heres a video i took last night i'll still rejet it but this is stock the way it runs

haha you tipped it over! nice!

fwiw, my 05 came with a pro circuit slip on, lid on, and it had the stock main jet in it with no other jetting changes. Seemed to run great....then i pulled the lid and put a 175 main jet in (keep in mind this is an 05 so numbers are different), instant power! Now with the full pipe i'm running the HRC jetting which is a 185 main, lid off.

if i leave my lid on accidentilly after washing....it runs like crap.

If you go with the to the HRC spec jets you'll be in the ballpark, if you must run with the lid on you can get away with a couple jet sizes on the main because it really restricts flow!

lol yeah i was riding circles around that grass then i said **** it i'm getting the cam and wouldn't u know first time around and it tips lol i think the slick grass was gone there from me going around it over and over again. i want to take the lid off but i have to get a new lid with the outwears first. its way too wet where i actually ride. if you go to my youtube page and check out any green mans videos you will see what i mean. i feel the power already so i'm stoked to see what that pipe will do with an open lid and rejetted:rock:

Well finally changed the main road a 185 and damn that dasa makes that 450 a torque monster. The only question I have is the jet kit I bought didn't have a pilot jet in it and it it kind of a bitch to start now. If I change the pilot will that help with starting?

Thanks guys

Same here they told me 185 maybe even a 195 out in glamis, when I had it dyno'ed I ended up at 168, 185 was way fat. my dyno chart is isn the dyno section comparing the 185 to the 168

Back