Jarhead

snafu

This was a movie on our Marines during the Kawait conlflict. It wasn't much of a war movie as the conflict only lasted four days. It gives a great insight on our marines during this time. The trials and tribulations of becoming a Jarhead.
It brings up the problem of training these men for something they may never use. They are still heroes to me. We must forever be vigilant.
I give it one thumb up.

Only one thumb up eh? The trailer looked cool for it. Jamie Fox looks like he could ace that part. I'll check it out on dvd this week. Thanks for the review snafu.

Jarhead was pretty accurate and yet shed the truth on the harsh reality of mililtary life during wartime.

It was a good movie.

I give it two thumbs up.

I really liked the movie. I think it was fairly accurate from what I've heard. I was quite suprised at the lack of actual conflict, but it really didn't detract from the movie at all.

Just seen it the other day. It was a good overview. The did leave out the part about what those pill did to our guys, the pills they were forced to take.

Ahh, yes. I almost forgot about that. They probably intended to, but in the end couldn't because of time restrictions or something. I've seen a lot of movies do that sort of thing.

Loved the movie, for its content and meaning.

Of course, you can't neglect that two total hotties (Foxx & Gyllenhaal) were staring in it. I mean, near the end when they're having the big bon fire with all their gear, and Foxx fires a gun into the air? Cigar in mouth? Sweating? Shirt off. Yeah, totally hot :D

TheJenn88 said:
Loved the movie, for its content and meaning.

Of course, you can't neglect that two total hotties (Foxx & Gyllenhaal) were staring in it. I mean, near the end when they're having the big bon fire with all their gear, and Foxx fires a gun into the air? Cigar in mouth? Sweating? Shirt off. Yeah, totally hot :D

What is it with dumb bimbos and greesy jungle monkeys?

Back