Kayne West - Graduation

LPHybridSnax

Everybody knows Kayne West for being the whiny bitch that bitches when they don't get their way, but anybody listen to his new album? I heard "stronger" on IMC (local music station) and decided to give the album a listen, and honestly, it was definitely worth a listen. Even though he probably only did maybe 20% of the work on the whole record and just payed people to do the beats and editing.

I ****ing hate Stronger.
Ruined a good Daft Punk song.
**** him for sampling Daft Punk, despite the fact Daft Punk's song was sampled from another song.
Stronger made me cringe, and I'm not willing to give the album a listen.

I listend to it once but its nothing that blows me away... probably just not my style :confused:
same, stronger is the only song i think is okay. but its rather funny how he bitched about not winning anything for stronger when its a bloody draft punk sample. he just added lyrics. bah what a loser, he did sell about 950 000 copies in his first week in US though o_0

same, stronger is the only song i think is okay. but its rather funny how he bitched about not winning anything for stronger when its a bloody draft punk sample. he just added lyrics. bah what a loser, he did sell about 950 000 copies in his first week in US though o_0

he not only added lyrics....

He changed it quite a lot...and Timbaland produced drums on it...

I think it's a great album....especially if you think about what's going on in popular Hip Hop right now...like all that gangster stuff and ****...

It's good to see someone doing something different and to see that he really cares about his music.

And I also don't think that he paid a whole bunch of people to create the beats...all the song concepts are by himself and he got some help from Timabaland and Jon Brion....

But almost everyone get's help today...I mean...how many albums are out there where just one person worked on everything....not a lot I guess....it's almost impossible.

But almost everyone get's help today...I mean...how many albums are out there where just one person worked on everything....not a lot I guess....it's almost impossible.

That indeed is wrong. Just an invalid excuse that doesn't hold much water.

well...tell me some albums that have been made by just 1 person.

and I mean good ones
Fort Minor *cough*, well in my opinion. I just don't like it how people get to like rappers and hip hop stars when the producer or engineer makes all the music. I guess theres just not alot of love for the middle man.

Fort Minor *cough*, well in my opinion. I just don't like it how people get to like rappers and hip hop stars when the producer or engineer makes all the music. I guess theres just not alot of love for the middle man.

ermm...Fort Minor wasn't completely done by Mike...He wasn't the one directing the strings...and he needed Jay Z as an Executive Producer...so he didn't do 100% of the work

ermm...Fort Minor wasn't completely done by Mike...He wasn't the one directing the strings...and he needed Jay Z as an Executive Producer...so he didn't do 100% of the work

Executive producer just decides what works and what doesn't, they add nothing to an album.

The are plenty of brilliant albums where the main artist plays EVERY instrument, too many to name but when it comes to actual production it is often done by someone else and the is usualy a couple backup vocals thrown in for good messure.

Stuff from:

Aphex Twin
Squarepusher
M83
Caribou
Brian Eno
Andrew Bird
Devendra Banhart
Dungen
Panda Bear
Iron & Wine
The Microphones
Sunset Rubdown

To name a few off the top of my head.

Of course they have albums where others contribute a bit as well. Especially on later efforts.

Executive producer just decides what works and what doesn't, they add nothing to an album.

The are plenty of brilliant albums where the main artist plays EVERY instrument, too many to name but when it comes to actual production it is often done by someone else and the is usualy a couple backup vocals thrown in for good messure.
see that's what I'm saying....no one can make an album completely alone....

I just started with that discussion because someone said in the first post that Kanye paid a lot for people producing his stuff...and i don't believe that it's true.

see that's what I'm saying....no one can make an album completely alone....

I just started with that discussion because someone said in the first post that Kanye paid a lot for people producing his stuff...and i don't believe that it's true.

Point is, Kanye is not the musical genius you make him out to be. He needs the help.

I've never really liked Kanye. Not my style. At first I didn't know what to think of Stronger, but now I realize it's just annoying as hell!!! lol. The only song I like by him is Can't Tell Me Nothing. For some reason it pumps me up.

I still like him better than anyone you just named off

Well that's fine. Those were some examples Jeezy asked for. It wasn't a claim of who is better. Like what you like. You are in the same boat with millions of others that are exposed daily to him. As a "business man", Kayne is raking it in. And based on that, he is very successful.

Back