Laptops

Hazi[LP]Tonz

as the title says, all about laptops, im in the market for a new laptop and am looking for suggestion from you more computer-y people than myself, iv been eyeing a HP verve which had decent specs and a nice cover layout :D

im not really in the market for a Mac as they are justso friggen expensive compared to its PC equivalent and my price range is...roughly 1-2k(AUS)

If you're looking for gaming then I suggest Alienware (Although it's MEGA expensive)

Can't go wrong the HP, but I hate Dell laptops/computers :<

IF your on a budgert then Acer/Advent laptops make decent spec laptops at low priced but are built much better then say Dell laptops.

dell and toshiba are not good

I've got a fujitsu, it works alright. if you get a PC just don't get vista, XP is so much better

I'd recommend a mac, given what everyone I know says...or something with linux

yer iv heard about vista, it lags alot unless uve got good specs, and even then it runs..."normally"

i may well consider just using XP

i spose in terms of specs, looking at around maybe 2.2-2.4 ghz, maybe 12-14" screen,100-200gb HD with maybe 2-4G ram, of course the HP i was talking about are at the lower end of those ranges iv just mentioned, mainly also looking at a good battery laptop i spose, seeing as im looking to use it on the move more than my current one

i spose this is more for me to get a general idea from you guys as to what to possibly get, considering i spose what most people would look for in a laptop-such as mobility,speed,specs and such, its going to be a month at least til i get that new laptop, as the "newer" models hit the australian retail market at that point there abouts given we are a tad behind everyone else...TT

Vista isnt as bad now as when it first came out and if you set the skins to windows classic its beyond better then XP, when I use XP now it makes me feel sick... Vista has never crashed for me since getting the updates and changing the skin to classic. It doesnt even lag, in fact its been the smoothest operating system I have ever used (since the updates n changes duhh)

well i wouldnt be too sure myself when it comes to vista, my friend has an "ordinary" laptop and vista is really slow for him, well not slow, just there is so much background stuff running, and the fact that it does require alot of spce doesnt help...but certainly vista is great if u got a good laptop, it certainly looks the part

Its the graphics which makes it slow, nothing else

Just tell ur friends to stop using all the flashy graphics... it's just not worth the sacrafise in performance.

Vista should be updating in its own time (if its authentic copy) all the time.

You change it to classic mode just go to theme settings and change it to windows classic.

Back