Lawyers who dont give a ****

lilmizztemper

okay...so I have been in this nasty lil custody battle with my ex for about a year now...and well its also involved DSS (Department of Social Services). I have been doing random UA's now for about two months and all of them have been clean...except for the last one...it showed that I had amphetemine present. Well my jaw hit the floor when I was told. I have never done anything like that. So DSS has me and my children do a hair test...which all came back negative for drugs.

You would think that would change things as far as the court goes...but my lawyer says I am ****ed because of the ONE bad UA, which could have been from just about any kind of over the counter cold medication. The hair test is ALOT more accurate in the eyes of the law, or at least I would think it would be. WHAT THE **** IS MY LAWYERS DEAL??? :confused:

Same thing happened to me... Except it was for a job rather than custody. But they did a hair test, which showed up negative. So I didn't get the job

Fire your lawyer.

Ephedrine often shows a positive amphetamine hit, just as poppy seeds will show positive for heroin.

Is there no way that you and your ex can get together and talk about whats best for the child? That **** makes me sick when it becomes a sick game of "get ya back" using the kid.

Its the first thing that my ex-wife says when she starts her **** and gets mad. "I'm keeping Whitney. Shes mine. I have custody, you can't have her today".

She did that **** 2 weeks ago and I had to call the police to intervene. They explained to her that I have a court order for visitation, and that she would go to jail for going against it. Her jaw dropped in the realization that I was right.

I understand when theres no way to speak to your ex in a civil manner.

This might sound twisted. But sometimes when I see the news and hear about an Ex-spouse killing their ex. I understand that maybe that person was asking for it. Its not right, and I don't condone it, but sometimes I understand the pure rage that boils when your Ex tries their hardest to ruin your life. Play with someones mind, and you run the risk of breaking it, and we all know what happens then.

lilmizztemper said:
okay...so I have been in this nasty lil custody battle with my ex for about a year now...and well its also involved DSS (Department of Social Services). I have been doing random UA's now for about two months and all of them have been clean...except for the last one...it showed that I had amphetemine present. Well my jaw hit the floor when I was told. I have never done anything like that. So DSS has me and my children do a hair test...which all came back negative for drugs.

You would think that would change things as far as the court goes...but my lawyer says I am ****ed because of the ONE bad UA, which could have been from just about any kind of over the counter cold medication. The hair test is ALOT more accurate in the eyes of the law, or at least I would think it would be. WHAT THE **** IS MY LAWYERS DEAL??? :confused:
I would get a consultation with another lawyer for a second opinion.

Jhony5 said:
Fire your lawyer.

Ephedrine often shows a positive amphetamine hit, just as poppy seeds will show positive for heroin.

Is there no way that you and your ex can get together and talk about whats best for the child? That **** makes me sick when it becomes a sick game of "get ya back" using the kid.

Its the first thing that my ex-wife says when she starts her **** and gets mad. "I'm keeping Whitney. Shes mine. I have custody, you can't have her today".

She did that **** 2 weeks ago and I had to call the police to intervene. They explained to her that I have a court order for visitation, and that she would go to jail for going against it. Her jaw dropped in the realization that I was right.

I understand when theres no way to speak to your ex in a civil manner.

This might sound twisted. But sometimes when I see the news and hear about an Ex-spouse killing their ex. I understand that maybe that person was asking for it. Its not right, and I don't condone it, but sometimes I understand the pure rage that boils when your Ex tries their hardest to ruin your life. Play with someones mind, and you run the risk of breaking it, and we all know what happens then.

I wish there was a way to be civil about all this. I tried THAT approach in the beginning just to find out that he was trying to set me up. This man has even gone as far as to try to burn my parents house down...

We had court today and the judge pretty much set him straight and I NOW can see my son UN-supervised...but to be on the safe side he asked me to submit to UA's once a week for a month...suits me...but I aint taking NOTHING if Im sick or hurt Im just gonna ride it out. Oh yeah...my lawyer found out that she was freaking out for nothing too...and Im grateful that she actually did a WONDERFUL job representing me today...

As for the ex-killing, well I can say that I am scared mine will try ANYTHING to get me down even if to kill me, but what can I do??? just sit around and wait for enough proof...yeah Im pretty sure my dead body should do the trick. It can be sad at how a person has to be terrified to walk out the damned front door.

Ya know, LILLMIZZ, its perfectly legal to record your phone conversations if someone calls you. As well in many states its admissible in court. When its your word against his in court, and hes a lying sack of ****, maybe a Revelation of his true nature would suffice?

As for the fear you have of violence from him. Well thats supported by the disproportionate amount of men who use violence against their Ex's. For whatever reason when a man is put in the disposition of having no other recourse, that is often the outcome.

If I learned anything from my EX, it was how to deal with someone that just wants drama or a fight. Whether physical or verbal. Yelling at her never did anything but fuel her rage. So I've since adopted a method of ****ing with her when she tries stirring ****. Just being nice and thanking her for being sweet about things. Even when shes screaming or insulting me. Makes her all red faced. It actually makes me feel good when I leave and know she knows I just got over on her with a grin on my face. I believe its called reverse psychology.;)

yeah Jhony...I hear ya on all that. But I dont talk to the man on the phone anymore...I dont even talk to him EVER...whenever I ever tried to before...all he would do is pull some antagonizing and degrading bullshit. When I was still living with him...he would always be pissed off at someone for something...and he would tell me all about his "little plan" to get back at him or her (usually in a violent or cruel manner). He is all about getting revenge. It totally sucks because our little boy is caught in all this ****. I NEVER say anything about him to his son...nor do I ask questions. My son just pops up with interesting things...thats when I DOCUMENT. But seems that I cant ever have ENOUGH evidence or just dont want to have to get my son directly involved. I mean HELL the poor guy is sufferin enough already as it is. I just want to see him grow up to have a somewhat normal and enjoyable happy little life.

In the meantime...I am just waiting for the EX to fall head-****ing-first off the almighty pedestal he has put himself. Eventually the truth does come out and I do think the judge realized that today!

lilmizztemper said:
yeah Jhony...I hear ya on all that. But I dont talk to the man on the phone anymore...I dont even talk to him EVER...whenever I ever tried to before...all he would do is pull some antagonizing and degrading bullshit. When I was still living with him...he would always be pissed off at someone for something...and he would tell me all about his "little plan" to get back at him or her (usually in a violent or cruel manner). He is all about getting revenge. It totally sucks because our little boy is caught in all this ****. I NEVER say anything about him to his son...nor do I ask questions. My son just pops up with interesting things...thats when I DOCUMENT. But seems that I cant ever have ENOUGH evidence or just dont want to have to get my son directly involved. I mean HELL the poor guy is sufferin enough already as it is. I just want to see him grow up to have a somewhat normal and enjoyable happy little life.

In the meantime...I am just waiting for the EX to fall head-****ing-first off the almighty pedestal he has put himself. Eventually the truth does come out and I do think the judge realized that today!

If you do decide to record phone conversations, Radio Shack carries a piece of equipment that will help you do it, its pretty cheap but you must also have a tape recorder. They work pretty well.

Lethalfind said:
If you do decide to record phone conversations, Radio Shack carries a piece of equipment that will help you do it, its pretty cheap but you must also have a tape recorder. They work pretty well.

hey thanks for that bit of info...cuz ya he may decide to give me a call an harass me sometime Im sure! Will check it out.

Keep in mind, it's not the lawyer who decides what happens in your case. Either the one bad UA will **** you, or it wont, regardless of your lawyer. You can certainly get another lawyers advice, or even hire another lawyer, but it may be that your lawyer is just laying it out for you, and not necessarly trying to **** you over.

Back