Linkin Park: No More Nu-Metal

FireHawk

"We're going for the music that inspired us, rather than the nu-metal type of sound," Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington said of the band's third studio album, due next year. "We're ripping that out. It's completely gone."

In its place is a mix of punk and classic-rock elements with vintage hip-hop beats, the singer told MTV News.

"We've always been known for mixing a lot of different genres of music and not pigeonholing ourselves in one particular sound, but by doing so, we've kind of pigeonholed ourselves into our sound," Bennington said backstage at Saturday's Inland Invasion. "It sounds strange, but there's a common thread that people are going to expect, and we're trying to pull that out of the new music."

Linkin Park's reinvention is being guided by Rick Rubin, who is co-producing with Mike Shinoda.

"We're straying away from a lot of the predictable sounds we've had in the past, but there's no question in your mind when you hear it that it's Linkin Park," Bennington said. "We've always said we write the music we write so that we can spread our wings as far as we want and try new things and go anywhere. I think we're really going to prove that with this new record."

Linkin Park wrote more than 100 songs, which they have since narrowed down to the cream of the crop. Bennington refused to elaborate on how many tracks will be recorded, but he shot down the idea of a double album.

"The whole double-album thing is like the kiss of death," he said. "Not that it's not a great idea in theory, but when you put it out, it's just not."

The band has more or less decided on a title, but Bennington kept it under wraps. "It's a title I think is good and fitting for the world and also some of our own personal situations over the last couple of years," he said.

Read more at MTV.com .
Source:Ultimate Guitar

That's exactly the right thing to do...I mean nu metal is dying...so it's logical to do something new...

FireHawk said:
yeah definatly as long as they don't take Papa Roach route and sorry if this isn't new since my posts are never new news....
well...I haven't heard about it...

Well anyway I think this is a good sign and its offical: LP is no longer Nu-Metal
---
well i guess i will go back to being grounded adios

yeah...I thought this also was interesting...from the same interview..

"The band has more or less decided on a title, but Bennington kept it under wraps. "It's a title I think is good and fitting for the world and also some of our own personal situations over the last couple of years," he said."

What could it be?

thank god....honestly

if they did the same thing as they've been doing for the past two albums, their sound is what we expected it to be, but if they are kickin out the nu metal, i'll be all the more happy to get it

dude what the ****?
no more nu-metal? that's ****ing gay. qwerty is nu-metal -_-

no double disc? that ****ing sucks too.

that whole interview pissed me the **** off. I hated almost everything he said.

sounds like the album is about ready.

What's up with them? I mean i prefer them as a NU-Metal band.
I want Mike's rapping with Chester screaming.
all they give us is "bad" news **** it.

all that news is ****. Mike rapping and Chester screaming is the classic LP. HT is nu-metal. Meteora is nu-metal. Linkin ****ing Park is nu-metal.

QWERTY IS NU-METAL.

WHY ARE THEY CHANGING? they're the only major nu-metal band left -_- this is gaaaay

sorry lol I was pissed >_<
all good now though after listening to ITE like 4 times.

ok anyways, QWERTY seems pretty nu-metal to me

Tomer said:
What's up with them? I mean i prefer them as a NU-Metal band.
I want Mike's rapping with Chester screaming.
all they give us is "bad" news **** it.

co - signed.
i like lp as a nu metal band. But i am willin to go out and buy the album when it hit the stores and give it a chance.
If I dont like it i wont be happy. :(

Back