Linkin Park's Album Delay is because...

Hahninator

The reason LP has delayed their album is because they're having a problem with choosing songs to put on the album! They keep writing songs! lol

Linkin Park delay album to choose tracks

Friday, September 8 2006, 16:23 BST - by Susanna Regan
Linkin Park have been forced to delay their new album as they are finding it impossible to choose which songs to use.

The record was originally scheduled to be released before the end of the year, but the band have gone through a period of such prolific songwriting and recording in the process of creating their follow-up to 2003's Meteora that they now find themselves with a vast catalogue of tracks to narrow down.

Band member Mike Shinoda told Billboard: "When songs are pouring out you don't ever want to stop that. We already have over 100 roughs for songs. We've narrowed it down since but we're not ready to commit to those yet. I can't really speak much about the style of the record but it's probably the most fun I've had recording a Linkin Park album."

A few weeks ago in an online chat Shinoda also revealed: "We have narrowed it down to about 30-50 songs, and some of those are heavy, some are softer and some are in between,. So far it has a different sound that I cannot describe. It sounds like it's older, but not vintage. More organic in some spots, like just yesterday we recorded a song with no samples that is completely raw. Other songs are full of samples."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds36799.html

Well if they feel all the songs are really good enough to be on an album, what's wrong with a 20 song album? (if they can even narrow it down that far, or if their record label will allow them). I wouldn't mind.

well i guess they wanna narrow it down until they only have the best instead of having like 13 real tight tracks and 7 ok ones

theyll probably do like what mark said and release a new one every month lets hope they arent like the militia and take for ever to release a track

the FMM is bullshit right now...
they won't even let you post about the exclusive song and where it is. noone's heard anything, they are 8 days late and counting.

the mods suck insanely too. you can't create threads to even talk about the song for september OR EVEN MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THE NEW RTN VIDEO.

holy crap lol it's aweful :p the FMM is a waste of money.

Why don't they just release a double disc album? Two discs, 30 songs, some deal like that? That would be such an awesome gift to the fans, after making us wait so long for this album...it would be quite sweet in my opinion.

The best thing about releasing so many songs is that they could make tons of videos...it would be really good for them, I think. Because it would take a long time for a thirty track album to get old! LoL!

I should be LP's manager >>
Id make them some money
XD

Clogz said:
The best thing about releasing so many songs is that they could make tons of videos...it would be really good for them, I think. Because it would take a long time for a thirty track album to get old! LoL!

as long as MTV doesnt own their soul ill be happy

you be LP's manager, I be LP's tour manager/backup videographer to Mark Fiore <3

then you'll ****ing think bootlegs lol

30 tracks is too many O_O I want 15 or less

They should put out 2 CDs...not a double disc album, but 2 individual new CDs....And put 14-15 songs on each CD....that would be cool...I think Nelly did that with his last project...and he had one CD on number 1 and the other one on number 2 in the charts...and they could do a lot of videos then...

i think maybe alot of tracks...but down to around 13-15 , up to 20...if they have that many good tracks.

i just dont think them releasing 2 cds will do them any justice. i mean some bands do it really well like RHCP....but i mean, its not easy to make so many tracks and find a nice balance.

i think once they choose the right feel for the album, the other tracks can be used as skeletons for the next album, which would cut the process down to around 2 years rather than the average 3.

or even they cood release a few tracks as LPU specials, or in a special "follow" up disk as aforementioned. but probably best as an LPU special thing, like a 10 track "demo" tape. or even release a song or 2 as b-sides on singles like they did with high voltage/my december etc.

given the writing process atm, i seriously cant wait for the album, theres now a fair hype around the track!
late 2006/early 2007 is looking ever increasingly more likely =[.

Jeezy said:
They should put out 2 CDs...not a double disc album, but 2 individual new CDs....And put 14-15 songs on each CD....that would be cool...I think Nelly did that with his last project...and he had one CD on number 1 and the other one on number 2 in the charts...and they could do a lot of videos then...

that would be cool :D

Back