LPF awards... what's up with that?

well maybe not never, but certainly not this year or next year. things have to die down quite a bit.

I doubt that the Awards will happen again this year, or ever. The forums have to be settled down for a while. Maybe inna few years we'll have em agian

maby we have some sort of awards, but change the way its run somehow idk
i guess its better to wait it out
risking another lpf fight aint worth it

Maybe at least we can use a crackdown on the rules during the course of the awards and the aftermath

I guess all the new members like me miss out, and feel left out.. If you think about it... Why care if it does start a fight again? You guys seemed to handel it all last 2 times... :confused: So I dunno... I still think we should give it 1 last go.. and if there is a fight well then never do them again, because alot of us members get along with each other so I don't see the harm.. But It's a shame it's already been decided. :(
Who cares? obviously I do. You don't realize how big it was.

Yea maybe we can figure out a new way of conducting the LPFA. I know it's harder than it sounds, but I'd really like to see it to award good members who have contributed to LPF a lot.

Yea maybe we can figure out a new way of conducting the LPFA. I know it's harder than it sounds, but I'd really like to see it to award good members who have contributed to LPF a lot.
Yeah that's what I think should happen, But then again people are just gonna flame me saying ohhh but your 2 new so you didn't know what happened... :(

I was member at that time but I have no idea what happend that's why I'm asking...

And I think the idea with maybe changing the rules or something isn't that bad at all... and honestly in my opinion this voting thingy and stuff for LPFA you can compare with the SOTW thing we're having... so it's like the same to me... the difference is just that in the SOTW you get votes for things you did the last days (you're art work) and in the LPFA you get votes for things you've done in your time you've been here on LPF... idk if you get me... lol

My Opinion:
If people are saying it was realy bad then they should either be changed HEAPS or not happen at all
Way it could change for the better:
Take nominations from normal members and then the Elites and higher vote/decide. Then one person announces the winners but NOT who voted for/voted against the winners

yeah!

You see, from what I heard there was a huge "war" because of the awards. I am not sure, but I heard the forums were divided to two teams? I am not so sure, but that's just waht I heard. I agree with Peter's idea since that way everyone in the forums gets there opinion in, and not just a few! But I am sure you will find some fault in that idea, but I think the LPFA is more of a "Popularity Contest" so I honestly take no intrest in it.

I disagree with everyone who says that this is just a popularity contest. There might be some parts of it that being popular on the boards helps with, but I honestly don't think it matters very much.
I mean look at me, I won an award last year, and I'm not exactly that popular on the boards.

But I do think that if they are to go ahead again, then there needs to be a bit of a change-up to how the whole thing is run, and everyone needs to grow up a little bit and not sook about **** when they don't win anything. :confused:

Some are popularity contests, some aren't like the one you have isn't one, I just wish I could see the sigs from then to see if it really WAS the best sig..

Some are popularity contests, some aren't like the one you have isn't one, I just wish I could see the sigs from then to see if it really WAS the best sig..
You better love me for this, took a while to find... :p
http://www.freewebs.com/lpfstuff/LPF%20Awards%202006/Best%20Signature/BestSignature.htm

Also, on another note, I just remembered the password to the vote counting accounts so we can use the same ones again if we go through with all this. :thumbsup:

This is Unhinged btw, as you can see Im on one of the accounts now.

Back