Major Argument!

Lyson

Ok, yesterday wasnt a good day for me.

I am a dedicated hardcore to the bone LP fan and yesterday me and one if my good friends got into an argument.
He is a Nirvana, White Stripes etc fan...he claims they are some of the best.

So he know's I like Linkin Park, and he starts teasing me, so I like dont care and I'm blowing him off. Then he says quietly,
"Its not that I hate Linkin Park, its just that their music is all the same. Hybrid Theory was brilliant and then everything was else was **** after that. Nothing new..."

As I was angry I was realising that in a way...he was right. LP's sound was pretty much the same on Meteora and on Reanimation. And that has been said bedore on this forum too.
But naturally as fans go, we still love LP undeniably, and like Mike said, the next album will be different. I guess we can only wait and anticipate.

Basically just debate your views so I kno if any are shared. Or close it if u think its redundant crap lol.

I think he is one of the more understandable LP doubters out there, I'd have to agree Meteora was a lil like Hybrid Theory but they are aiming to change that with their next album.

I dont know, I think the sounds were different. HT was alot more rock, where as Meteora was experimental, like Somewhere I Belong, the intro is a acoustic guitar piece played backwards with effects and stuff. and in one song (cant remember which one), it sounds like drums but its actually joe taping the vinyl with the head of his turntable.

So i dont know, but alot of people have told me too that LP's stuff all sounds the same. Matter of opinion I guess

EDIT: WTF, i swear I just had 799 posts, and now I have 760?!?!

i agree with shadowfax, they didn't really sound alike, you can't say nobody's listening and breaking the habit sounded like anything off HT, but it is a matter of opinion.

yeah, I can see hwere he is coming from, but the important thing is that it is a F**KING AWESOME sound!

And they are saying the new album will be different, which makes me look forwards to it even more =]

I also don't think HT and Meteora were sounding the same...of course you hear that it's Linkin Park but I think HT was way harder sounding than Meteora...

And Shadowfax...it could be that they moved some threads...and if they do that it can be that the posts don't count anymore...that happens if they put something in the Games section or if they erase it completly...

I dont normally post in games sections or that, like, a maximum of like 10 in the year and a half ive been here have been in those fun game sortta topics.
Most my posts are in General, Art and LP Main, so I have no idea how I can lose almost 40 posts.

I don't think Hybrid Theory and Meteora sound alike... Meteora in my opinion is an indication of the band's development and the next album I'm sure will be even more indicative of their growth! The thing is that every band creates its own special style and sound and Linkin Park has its own they cannot change that radically because if they do they will no longer be LP...

crazy robster said:
I don't think Hybrid Theory and Meteora sound alike... Meteora in my opinion is an indication of the band's development and the next album I'm sure will be even more indicative of their growth! The thing is that every band creates its own special style and sound and Linkin Park has its own they cannot change that radically because if they do they will no longer be LP...
Chester said that its not going to be a hard rock album, but a softer, dark, poppy album. I think thats a radical change :p But they're still Linkin Park

Chris said:
Chester said that its not going to be a hard rock album, but a softer, dark, poppy album. I think thats a radical change :p But they're still Linkin Park

I think it was a joke when he told that one honestly... everyone takes everything seriously though... cause he also said, he's had to scream much for this album, he had to take a day off from recording. Sounds heavy.

Cyro said:
I think it was a joke when he told that one honestly... everyone takes everything seriously though... cause he also said, he's had to scream much for this album, he had to take a day off from recording. Sounds heavy.

that and plus mikes voice was **** at club tattoo/NY WYG performances tells you theyve been doing some intense recording O_O

Or maybe he had a thraot infection :)

Ooooooooookay where was I

Meteora sounds alot like Hybrid Theory, I think the classical example of Pushing me Away fitting into Numb exactly in structure just the BPM are justt different :O

I listen to LP and I know deep down that the 2 albums are very similar in structure apart from Nobodys Listening and Breaking The Habbit which broke the mould.

I dont see how Meteora and Hybrid Theory can sound the same. Both are very different,except for a few chords here and there. I agree, if people would start listening to them more than they do ( us hardcore fans exempt) then they would realize what we already know.

They are very similar, but ReAnimation was a step away and proved that Linkin Park can be quite creative, and turned thier first album into a fresh, new cut using the same songs and yet the album itself strikes a different chord with me. I was very impressed by that.
LP's next album should stop this pattern of similarity. And if it doesn't, the music better be brilliant!

Edit: Btw, you want to hear repetition? Listen to the drums on every White Stripes song...same frikkin fill! Every time! Its a snare and a bass pedel to keep the beat, and the chorus always simply adds the cymbals. Its awful!

why? said:
Perhaps those who only listen to Linkin Park superficially think all their songs sound the same. Those who listen to them religiously know the truth...
Religiously? I listen to them alot, but some songs sound the same. Just some parts of it.

I also listen to them a lot, but I do know that the songs are different from each other because I can relate to each one of them.

Back