Meanings Behind The MTM Songs

Given Up, is a good Christian Love Song...

lol

Seriously, Linkin Park's not known for their deep insightful lyrics that you have to think about.

the meanings behind there songs on there first to albums are just what you want them to be about. most of the time i just think of an anime Rurouni kenshin. because when i first got into Kenshin i got into LP. so yeah. but um... meanings behind M2M. heres my thing

Wake-Just showing the Change
Given Up-No one cares about you, he wants to die.
Leave Out All The Rest-Forgetting all the bad things you have done and being remembered for all the good you did.
Bleed It Out-Well i think about it as Mike wrote the song. he kept trying as hard as he could but the band just didn't like it. another thing i think about when listening to this song is, that you try as hard as you can but its not good in other peoples eyes.
Shadow Of The Day-I think of it being a song about person going off and leaving everyone and everything behind.
What I've done- I look at it in three ways. about the world fixing all the problems we've caused. a person forgiving themself for every bad thing they've done. and the band just letting go of there old style.
Hands Held High-Not really a way to change the meaning of this song cause its about politics.
No More Sorrow-^^^^same
Valentine's Day-A friend/Girlfriend dying.
In Between- About being caught up in all of your lies
In Pieces- Chesters ex wife, ex friends, Ex girlfriends
The Little Things Give You Away-Political song so you can't really have another meaning behind it

wrong man

Given Up = Understanding Failure and having to live with the fact, just not understanding why
Leave Out All the Rest = After living a life of doing the wrong things, he decides it's time to change and do well
Bleed It Out = This is the last you will hear of the old LP, going out in a mother****ing bang!
Shadow of the Day = After all you're hard work, life will get better
What I've Done = Coming to realise all of the wrong things we have done, and now it's time to change for life may end
Hands Held High = You're average anti war song, really no reason to explain
No More Sorrow = Sick of following the lies that have been told, leading a life of being controlled by higher powers and ****ign sick of it
Valentine's Day = The end of a great relationship, and having to pull through everyone elses happiness while you are in a depression
In Between = Sorry about lying who you really are. And wanting to take all your lies back
In Pieces = Dealing with a girlfriend and then having to be left in the dirt, and confused on what you want
The Little Things Give You Away = About being left behind and ignored even though you are in great need and pain

My Meanings To The Song

Please note - these are all my OWN meanings for the songs, so I might be wrong but that is how I find them to be. Everyone has a different opinion.

Wake - this is just an instrumental song. I don't think it actually has a meaning but the drums are great. :D

Given Up - this could be part of rejection and trying to find out why you were rejected. I'm not meaning rejection in a relationship - I am meaning in life. It is so hard trying to find out that it has become impossible.

Leave Out All The Rest - I find quite a lot of their songs have to do with death and this is one. 'What I am leaving when I'm done here' definately means what have I done to the world/people that I am eventually going to regret when there is no more time. Basically, what will I leave when I die.

Bleed It Out - when I listen to this I think war and the anger reflected by the people stuck in it. People doing their own things but then stopping because they are under control of someone else.

Shadow Of The Day - this means that even when the person is gone things will still be the same. Another song that includes death.

What I've Done - what we are doing to the earth and what damage we have done. The person is saying that no matter what he or she did they are going to try and fix it.

Hands Held High - this is definately about war. It is a reflection of what the people stuck in the middle (the people that don't want to be their but are) think. They are angry and sad about it. A bit of the second verse is about what the people not involved think.

No More Sorrow - this is like a second What I've Done. A lot about lies and who they have hurt. What happened when the person found out and what pain the lies caused.

Valentines Day - a girlfriend/wife/loved one dying or breaking up with the person. The person is so used to being with someone and now that the person had gone they are struggling to cope. The girlfriend/wife/loved one was taken for granted. Now the person is gone and he doesn't know how or what to do/cope.

In Between - this one has a lot to do with cheating. This person has been living two lives and now it is time to confess. He is debating whether or not he should confess and hurt his pride or lie and keep his pride.

In Pieces - this is about breaking up and lying. The person says that he/she loves the other person but the other person doesn't believe it. The other person knows that the other person is cheating, has moved on and forgotten about him/her.

The Little Things Give You Away - death. This song was written after the band went to see the after effects of Hurricane Katrina. It depicts what damage has been done and what other people are doing to help - nothing.

THESE ARE ALL MY PERSONAL OPINIONS.

here's mine

Given Up- life just plain sucks. no one helps you out. theres no point of leaving..u jst wanna commit suicide basically

Leave Out All The Rest - trying to let ppl notice the good things that u've done and asking them to remember the nice things about you if you disappear or die. Also just hoping that sum1 cares about u

Bleed It Out - no matter how hard you try, how nice you are or how giving you are sometimes its just not worth it

Shadow Of The Day - i agree that this is how things won't change if you die.

What I've Done - Making a mistake, realizing that mistake of the past, learning the lesson, and moving on, and trying to change yourself

Hands Held High - self explanitory

No More Sorrow - being sick of how ppl that dont care about you have control over your life and are causing harm to you

Valentines Day - a girlfriend or boyfriend dying and having to cope with being alon

In Between - about cheating or loving 2 ppl and trying to explain to them and how he wants to confess but is afraid he'll lose both of the women he loves

In Pieces - about breaking up because even tho the person said he or she loved you they never meant it

The Little Things Give You Away - Katrina, death, and how people who have control and shud care about you and depend on you don't give a rat's ass

here is mine:

wake: waking up?
Given UP: kick ass car head-banger song
LOATR: that song they played that the funeral
bleed it out: A kick ass song to dance on the bed with while singing mikes lines using the remote as the mike
SOTD: nice song to play in background when with friends
WID: That song you play when everyone is listening
hands held high: The song you play when you get lost in the ghetto one night
no more sorrow: the song they play in anti war protests
V'day: when your all alone... on Christmas
In between: When your really sorry, REALLY sorry this is where you go
In Pieces: damn that divorce
TLTGYA: Katrina...

Back