Minutes To Midnight - A Band ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
it dosen't matter it would be different if the band had the name copyrighted but i know that cost about $225 to get a legal no bullshit copyright of a band name

Well here is the deal. I may not have worded it perfectly in the blog that I did on MySpace about our band name, but I am not bummed because I think they stole, or something ridiculous like that. I KNOW that it is not an original name. Like if our name was "apsjdojda" and then they had a CD coming out called apsjdojda, I might actually be like "Well that's weak." But I just fear people we DIRECTLY stole the name from Linkin Park, which of course wouldn't be true.

I like Linkin Park a LOT. I have been a big fan of them for YEARS and years and as time goes on I am very happy with what has happened because of our band name being that of the new LP CD. A lot of people have sent us messages saying that they like us and they only found us BECAUSE of the name similarity. I have also had some people ripping on us, but that is to be expected.

In response to the people who told us "Sue the bastards"... ok yeah that is ridiculous.

We actually honestly got our name from the Doomsday Clock as I am sure LP did as well. Only after we had had our name for like 3 months did I remember the Iron Maiden song, "2 Minutes to Midnight".

So I thought it was pretty awesome when the other guitarist of our band found this thread and I was even more pleased that you guys were approaching us as a band rationally and not like "Screw those guys!" or something ridiculous.

If you want to check us out please do go to our MySpace. I am pretty proud of our music and I, like all of you, am anxiously awaiting to hear "Minutes to Midnight" from Linkin Park!

-Ben

Well here is the deal. I may not have worded it perfectly in the blog that I did on MySpace about our band name, but I am not bummed because I think they stole, or something ridiculous like that. I KNOW that it is not an original name. Like if our name was "apsjdojda" and then they had a CD coming out called apsjdojda, I might actually be like "Well that's weak." But I just fear people we DIRECTLY stole the name from Linkin Park, which of course wouldn't be true.

I like Linkin Park a LOT. I have been a big fan of them for YEARS and years and as time goes on I am very happy with what has happened because of our band name being that of the new LP CD. A lot of people have sent us messages saying that they like us and they only found us BECAUSE of the name similarity. I have also had some people ripping on us, but that is to be expected.

In response to the people who told us "Sue the bastards"... ok yeah that is ridiculous.

We actually honestly got our name from the Doomsday Clock as I am sure LP did as well. Only after we had had our name for like 3 months did I remember the Iron Maiden song, "2 Minutes to Midnight".

So I thought it was pretty awesome when the other guitarist of our band found this thread and I was even more pleased that you guys were approaching us as a band rationally and not like "Screw those guys!" or something ridiculous.

If you want to check us out please do go to our MySpace. I am pretty proud of our music and I, like all of you, am anxiously awaiting to hear "Minutes to Midnight" from Linkin Park!

-Ben

well yeah...you actually do some pretty nice music

I like it...:thumbsup:

way to double post =P

Anywho, I'm also pretty sure that LP got their name from the Doomsday Clock and not from your band name. I mean, not to put you guys down or anything, but y'all are pretty much a no one when it comes to music business =X

I haven't come around to listen to you guys, but I most likely will once I get home (in school). Good luck in the music business.

-Person

I know! I never ever for a split second thought that they got their name from us. At all. Even a little. Not remotely. I don't know how else to word this.

If I genuinely thought that they got their name from us (which I don't) I would be pumped they had even heard of us.

lol... well, it never hurts to actually believe they did >.>
It sorta can motivate a band =O

PS. GO ASTROS :p

Yeah, I actually like these guys... which is new for me. 99% of the artists Ive found through MySpace suck. So keep up the good work and hopefully this will only help get you guys more fans. :p

Thank you. It really makes me super happy to come on here and see posts like that!! Those of you who want to check us out, please do. I hung out with Linkin Park when they came to St. Louis with the Kottonmouth Kings about a month before Hybrid Theory came out... and they were the nicest guys and their fans have always been the nicest co-fans. So thank you all for not just blasting us!

No prob,it's cool that you're spending the time to explain stuff and stick around here for a bit

this is great :p it's not exactly everytime that an actual bandmember signs up here and explains the band's side...kudos for that

its great that youve come here to explain everything, keep up the good work since you guys do play quite good music

Well like I said I am a big fan of Linkin Park and I know that a lot of times fans of one band can have a "I hate every other band on the planet" sort of attitude, ESPECIALLY if they think that the other band is disrespecting the band they like. When the other guitarist found this thread on here, I figured I might as well hop on and explain what was up from our end. The WORST is when people think that we are implying they stole our name. That is so ridiculous!

Just about 2 weeks ago I had someone E-Mail me offering, get this, $100 for our website name. That's right... ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. I know what you are thinking, "How could he pass up the chance at becoming instantly rich?" It was a tough decision... but I didn't sell.

Thanks again for you guys being cool. It's ok if you hate our music, but thank you for people not flooding this thread with "These guys suck... they sound like a cat fart coming through an old megaphone." Though if somebody said that I would actually be proud that we had mastered that sound!

-Ben
mtm

its good to see yu dont have such a snobby one tracked minded approach to music, 100 bucks..damn i could really use 100 bucks right now....anyways good luck you guys, keep at it, im sure eventually you might get a MUCH larger deal =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back