MTV To Air Benefit Concert Special - Chester Will Be Performing!!!

o0SugaxNxSpice0o

Clive Billy Johnson
Chesters first performance by himself!!! Here's the article:

MTV Networks is planning a live concert to benefit victims of Hurricane Katrina. The special will air Sept. 10 on MTV,VH1 and CMT.

Funds raised will benefit the American Red Cross and other organizations.

With live shots from New York, Los Angeles and Nashville, performers will include Ludacris, Green Day, Gretchen Wilson, Usher, Alicia Keys, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews Band, Rob Thomas, David Banner, Linkin Park's Chester Bennington and more.

"Our goal is to join forces on every medium to get involved, to volunteer, to contribute in
any way we can,” said Judy McGrath, chair and CEO, MTV Networks, in a statement released Wednesday.

CMT, VH1, and MTV have already launched information campaigns that instruct viewers how to help with the relief effort. MTV Network’s BET is expected to announce its own relief efforts soon.

NBC Universal also announced a benefit concert that will run on NBC, MSNBC and CNBC this Friday, Sept. 2, at 8 p.m. Performers include Harry Connick Jr., Wynton Marsalis and Tim McGraw.

Source: Broad Casting Cable

I hope to catch it on VH1 since I don't have MTV! :thumbsup: September the 10th is a saturday! Hopefully they'll give us more information about it soon.

Attachments

• 1chesterphoto.jpg
    1chesterphoto.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by a moderator:
yes, but some of us (okay me) don't have those channels, and I'll be working on Saturday, if I won't be sleeping by the time this airs.

o0SugaxNxSpice0o said:
Oh wait... I work saturdays as well :O Lmfao, thanks for reminding me! That really did slip outta my mind. Rips definatly please lol.
lol :p
and yeah someone will probly rip it, something like this is always ripped, it'll probly be available on LP Times, if not on your and Stenners' site lol

lol I saw the first announcement of this and it didn't have Chaz in it >_< Then I signed on and was like why did you post this? :p But I'm glad they included Chaz, and I hope things go well. I'll definetely record it. Good find :) I'm waaaaaay more excited about FM though, heh.

Woot this seems like its gonna be awsome, just this morning I was thinking if linkin park would do something to help the whole hurricane damages and stuff.

XrockinfreakX said:
Woot this seems like its gonna be awsome, just this morning I was thinking if linkin park would do something to help the whole hurricane damages and stuff.
I sorta figured they would since they always try to contribute to charities.

ah good, thats where my family's money is going then, MFR. Usually it's the Red Cross or something but ever since MFR got started, then thats it :)

-Hahninator
-Supporting LP in every way possible

Back