Muslim tries to raise the dead.

phreakwars

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070305/od_nm/pakistan_corpse_dc_1

Pakistani police are hunting a man who dug up his father's two-year old corpse and took it home in a hijacked ambulance to try to bring him back to life.

Abdul Rehman's family say he is mentally ill and has never been able to cope with his father's death, police said on Saturday.

"He dug up the corpse on Thursday night after he had hijacked an ambulance and its driver at gunpoint and took it to his home," Ghulam Murtaza, a duty officer at Ferozabad police station in the southern city of Karachi, told Reuters.

Police raided the house on Friday after a complaint from the trust that owned the ambulance and from Rehman's brother.

"He kept the corpse, which was nothing but a skeleton in his bedroom, for well over 12 hours. He escaped when we raided the house. We have buried it again," Murtaza said.

Rehman had also kidnapped a vagabond who slept in the graveyard and locked him up at home, police said.

"He told us he saw Rehman chanting magic spells and pouring rose water on the corpse to bring it back to life and was crying bitterly," Murtaza said.

Rehman faces a year in jail for defiling a corpse, police said
You know, they should have let the idiot keep the body. Would have been funny as hell watching him scream "ALLAH AKBAR" as a dog runs off with a leg bone.

In all honesty, I think the sprinkling of Rose Water and chanting of spells sounds pretty un-Islamic. I'd be surprised if he yelled Allah ho Akbar hai.

Of course, I could also see God sitting up there wanting to backhand him for being such an idiot.

The only pity is that even though he's a mental patient, he won't be able to get the medical attention he deserves. In third world countries, they still think that you can whip someone back into sanity.

=/

Peace said:
In all honesty, I think the sprinkling of Rose Water and chanting of spells sounds pretty un-Islamic.

Yeah, but such propaganda carries a lot of weight, politically.

Peace said:
I'd be surprised if he yelled Allah ho Akbar hai.

Sounds warlike. Why be surprised?

Peace said:
Of course, I could also see God sitting up there wanting to backhand him for being such an idiot.

Funny imagery. I like it.

Peace said:
The only pity is that even though he's a mental patient, he won't be able to get the medical attention he deserves.

He'll only think he's crazy if someone tells him. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Peace said:
In third world countries, they still think that you can whip someone back into sanity.

=/

Stoning is the biggie. Whipping is quite western.

Peace said:
In all honesty, I think the sprinkling of Rose Water and chanting of spells sounds pretty un-Islamic. I'd be surprised if he yelled Allah ho Akbar hai.

The only pity is that even though he's a mental patient, he won't be able to get the medical attention he deserves. In third world countries, they still think that you can whip someone back into sanity.

=/

The term magus is from the Old Persian language. Which is translated to mage in English, is the source of the words magic and magician.

Perhaps we can draw some similarities in Islamic and Judeo-Christian necromancy?

I was thinking that his actions sound like a Christian thing to do. I mean they are still casting out the devil from sick people AND I do believe the bible has a few incidents of raising people from the grave...

Back