need info from boat guys on what kind of boat to buy??

black jack

my old lady has been on me to buy a small boat for the last 2years now,,im not sure if boating is gonna work for me so id like to get into it really cheap to see how we like it!! a buddy of mine has a buddy with a 2000 21ft bayliner with a v8 he said,,the guy wants 3500 for it. im no boat guy but i always thought the bayliners were kinda like the cheaper brand boats to own?? im just looking for something to pull my kids waterski'ing with, im sure they would like that.let me know what you think boat dudes!!

Careful with the inboards, maintenance on them can be a pain. However, that is a good price as long as it is in good shape.

PS: care to post up a bigger pic of the avatar!?!

is that a true inboard or is it an I/O?

i've got a rinker captiva 192 with a mercruiser v6, 200hp, it's an I/O. The boat has been great for the past 3 years. Only change the fluids in it once a season. It pulls alot of skiers (myself included), so the first mod i did was to get a prop and fin for it so it pulls out of the water better.

I would stay with an I/O if possible...Outboards are ok but not as easy to work on imo....Plus parts seem to be way more expensive

sounds like a decent deal, whats the hours? thats what you need to look for and almost every boat has an hour meter. anything over 300-400 and the common wear items start to go. steering, water pumps, electrical, manifolds, out-drives (NOT CHEAP). also try to get service records. I love getting on the water and hope you do too brent!

thanks for the info guys'' im still waiting to hear back from the guy and then ill ask him the hours!! didnt know 300 to 400 hours was alot on a boat, but ill trust what you tell me!! its all new to me without tires on it.lol

Back