Zorros Racing taking on the Tecate Score Baja 500, 2014

Cool jerseys, mesh for part of the shirt is a very smart idea to avoid the heat exhaustion.

It's crazy to see everything coming together. We're just about there guys. How is everyone's training coming along?? We've got to stay on top of it so we're ready to pre run for a week and then race hard for 500 miles. It's going to be brutal!! Hope you're prepared.

It's crazy to see everything coming together. We're just about there guys. How is everyone's training coming along?? We've got to stay on top of it so we're ready to pre run for a week and then race hard for 500 miles. It's going to be brutal!! Hope you're prepared.

yeah... me I barely started to train. but ill keep in top of it...

and great news. I was confused and thought the race started Friday,. ill be Saturday and Friday contingency. so that gives us another day to prerun.. :rock:

I just got my drift cam in.. and new air filter.. got the bike back last friday (new swing arm, clutch, back brake pads, everything greased and checke). I need to go out and put the back plastic, air box, skid plate, back on and get ready for a race this sat.

I still need to find a helmet and backpack/hydration and new pants. I need to send my back shock out to get the fork replaced. but other then that i think i am ready to go..

and run/workout more.. I have been slacking the past month but still working with bands 4 nights a week..

I just got my drift cam in.. and new air filter.. got the bike back last friday (new swing arm, clutch, back brake pads, everything greased and checke). I need to go out and put the back plastic, air box, skid plate, back on and get ready for a race this sat.

I still need to find a helmet and backpack/hydration and new pants. I need to send my back shock out to get the fork replaced. but other then that i think i am ready to go..

and run/workout more.. I have been slacking the past month but still working with bands 4 nights a week..
I left mine shimming and putting the new block off plate. The new parts.just came in and ill try to have them installed on friday..

Still on the works on the pants and race helmet.

I just ordered gear 2 pants 2 jerseys and a scott rider backpack all for $120 (closeout) from rocky mountain.. just need the new helmut and i will be set for gear..

New antennas and new case saver

FxCam_1395162363818.jpg
IMG_20140318_110355.jpeg

Ok i am not one to push product, but i just got my backpack/hydration pack in today.. all i can say is way better then i thought it would be and for the price wow.. its got a 2 liters bag that fits in i think you can put a 4 liter bag in it if needed) the first pocket (from your back) then (moving out) it has two more zipper pockets that step down in size as you move out. then one pocket about the size of my had with a two smaller pockets in it. to more pockets on the sides and a net pocket on the back.. It has a chest strap and a wast strap (to keep it on you) along with the over the shoulder straps. anyway if you have not got a bag for the race for the $$ i do not see how you can go wrong with this thing. I only post it up here due to the $35 cost i am not sure they will last long..

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/798/38185/Scott-Rider-Backpack

I was just looking at that exact pack. Glad to hear you like it. I think I too will get it. The one I have now leaks like crazy. Thanks for the info!!

Im extremely exited to say that the Beast is officialy alive..

I did a 29 mile loop that we have in Red Sands and it was brutal but the quad performed great.. very happy with the head work and power so far.. the shimming of the valves did make a lot of difference compared to last time I rode it..

It ran like a podium contender.
Now adjust the suspension and ill be ready to roll.

FxCam_1395550231606.jpg
FxCam_1395550506556.jpg

Last edited:
BTW guys im planning on buying 3-4 of these to have in the chase cars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150915683360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
any one have heard of them?

also very important info

I've worked tech inspection...almost everything has been covered, but I'll summarize here with a few extra notes:
  • You must have your tech inspection sheet out and the top completed with your name, race #, etc. and your signature (it will be in the large envelope of your registration packet
  • tail light (we have you turn it on and check to see it is working)
  • numbers front and back and side (white background with black letters)
  • first aid kit (and no, it doesn't matter what kind or how good...could even be your own home made kit, but PLEASE get and use a good kit anyway. It should at least include ibuprofin, neosporin, ice pack, and that emergency space blanket mentioned above. If you or some friends have some leftover pain killers from a previous injury, I would throw those in too...race accidents on a quad are never good)
  • helmets -we check for stickers on the inside, underneath the lining and not only check for both DOT and Snell, but that it is within 4 years of age, if the helmet passes inspection, you get a sticker on it, which we again check for on race day at the start line. All helmets used by any team members need to be checked.
  • chassis has to get tagged and the number has to get recorded (make sure they do match the number on the tag to your name) and then the engine has to get marked with paint (by a tech inspector)
  • Score stickers are to be placed visibly on the front (to easily show up in any photos)
  • your tech inspection sheet should get signed by an inspector and then collected
  • We don't check the tracker equipment...you go to another station for that (unless that has changed in then past few races)
Another little tip is that on the day of contingency, when the cars line up for tech inspection in a looooong line, the bikes and quads do NOT have to wait in that line. You walk straight up to the gate and they will let you right in....there rarely is much of a line in the bike area.
Also, since I have raced on both quads and bikes, here is a little list of the things I like to carry on the bike and/or in a camelback on race day:
  • basic tools for the bike
  • zipties
  • duc tape
  • JB weld
  • lock tite
  • small snacks (i.e., power bars and gels)
  • water in a camel back (so many guys overlook the importance of staying hydrated...this definitely give you an advantage)
  • master link
  • extra cash (5s and 10s are good for being able to buy stuff off of a local in a pinch)
  • ideally you should have a race radio set up and a gps
Hope that helps! When I think of more, I'll add to that list...

Last edited:
Back