Important New Members Sign In Here

Well, which is it ?? Do you want to debate, or be called an asshole ?? I'll be happy to direct you to the correct forum... and WELCOME to GF..

phreakwars said:
Well, which is it ?? Do you want to debate, or be called an asshole ?? I'll be happy to direct you to the correct forum... and WELCOME to GF..

little from column a... little from column b...

oh, and
Jericho > Rock

'lo all.

I'm a liberal democrat from California, I'm an outspoken atheist, mac user, and an artist. I'm currently a senior in High School. I like arguing; I feel that people on my side need as much representation as possible.

That's why I'm here. For some good debates.

Let the games begin...

[edit]How many posts/reps do I need before I can upload an avatar? Thanks.

Hello all, I am a student at Colorado State University in Fort Collins. I love to debate current issues and philosophies, especially morally. I consider myself open-minded on most issues, and I am an extremely conservative person (I've been called fascist many times). So... here I am?

Insomniac said:
'lo all.

I'm a liberal democrat from California, I'm an outspoken atheist, mac user, and an artist. I'm currently a senior in High School. I like arguing; I feel that people on my side need as much representation as possible.

That's why I'm here. For some good debates.

Let the games begin...

[edit]How many posts/reps do I need before I can upload an avatar? Thanks.
Our policy is, if you want an avatar, then buy the right to have one, otherwise, shut up about it... oh and welcome to GF.

Humchuckninny said:
Hello all, I am a student at Colorado State University in Fort Collins. I love to debate current issues and philosophies, especially morally. I consider myself open-minded on most issues, and I am an extremely conservative person (I've been called fascist many times). So... here I am?
I hope your not as boring as cool_dude.

phreakwars said:
Our policy is, if you want an avatar, then buy the right to have one, otherwise, shut up about it... oh and welcome to GF.

I read that it was your policy that if we had any questions about avatars we should feel free to ask about it. No need to be rude.

I didn't even know that we had to buy features... I didn't read about that until you mentioned it. The membership isn't too clear in the "new members read this" topic and the topic that linked to.

Thanks anyway. I can live without an avatar.

Insomniac said:
I read that it was your policy that if we had any questions about avatars we should feel free to ask about it. No need to be rude.

I didn't even know that we had to buy features... I didn't read about that until you mentioned it. The membership isn't too clear in the "new members read this" topic and the topic that linked to.

Well, since you didn't take the given option to just shut up about it, then I guess I must reply to you on your comments.

I read that it was your policy that if we had any questions about avatars we should feel free to ask about it.
Yes, that is correct, but just because we give you the freedom to ask about it, doesn't mean I'm gonna be your ****ing servant and show you where every ****ing post is on the board on whatever subject it is you happen to be looking for.

My name ain't Lurch.

No need to be rude.
Why ?? Because you say so ?? Is there some kind of ****ing hidden rule I have yet to discover on this site that says the Moderators should be polite and courteous to new members ??

I didn't even know that we had to buy features...
Dreadfully yes, this is one of the things we resorted to, and we do this for a purpose, I'll explain.:

The site is very popular, we have a very strong hold on google for our content, while we do advertise as a debate forum, GF is more of a community.

The strong loyal member base we have are made up of people who love to start an arguement, start a debate, and aren't afraid to stand their ground in any subject. I can guarentee, you will find SOMEBODY to bitch at in here, and since we wish to keep GF as a community, we require those who wish to be a part of the community with their own avatar and sig, etc.. to buy their way into the community. Otherwise, we all could not give a **** either way. We've seen em come and go, all ****ing types, trolls, spammers, black haters, wiggars, leet talkers, you name it we get it, and we have knocked every ****ing one of them down a level or 2... thats what we do here. We just bitch about the ****ed up things in the world, even if its YOU !!

I didn't read about that until you mentioned it. The membership isn't too clear in the "new members read this" topic and the topic that linked to.
Yeah, I know, maybe if I got my head out of my ass and ****ing updated it since our last site overhaul people would know this ****...hmm... MY BAD !!

Then why ****ing ask ??:rolleyes: If you were eligible to have an avatar, you can trust that I or one of the other mods would have assigned you one, just like we assigned you a signature already.

phreakwars said:
If you were eligible to have an avatar, you can trust that I or one of the other mods would have assigned you one, just like we assigned you a signature already.

Would I be right to assume that I'd be digging myself a hole by even acknowledging that new development?

It doesn't seem to show up except in post preview, in case you wanted to clear that up.

Insomniac said:
Would I be right to assume that I'd be digging myself a hole by even acknowledging that new development?

It doesn't seem to show up except in post preview, in case you wanted to clear that up.

Pssst! Wakeful One! Wow, you're amazing! Phreak almost Never deigns to bless a Fresh Face with more than a line or two of keystrokes. He must like you already. You got way more than his usual Welcoming Sneer.

And hey - you realize of course that my comment on the fact that you didn't post here first was merely that, a comment and observation, noting that I too had skipped the Glad Handing Welcome wagon? I hadn't actually meant to chase you over to this thread, nor unleashed my well trained pack of Dobermans to hurry you along.

So Welcome again to GF.
Dig up your battered old copy of "Lord of the Flies" and give it a re-read. Good. Now you know where you've landed.

phreakwars said:
Well, since you didn't take the given option to just shut up about it, then I guess I must reply to you on your comments.

Yes, that is correct, but just because we give you the freedom to ask about it, doesn't mean I'm gonna be your ****ing servant and show you where every ****ing post is on the board on whatever subject it is you happen to be looking for.

My name ain't Lurch.

Why ?? Because you say so ?? Is there some kind of ****ing hidden rule I have yet to discover on this site that says the Moderators should be polite and courteous to new members ??

Dreadfully yes, this is one of the things we resorted to, and we do this for a purpose, I'll explain.:

The site is very popular, we have a very strong hold on google for our content, while we do advertise as a debate forum, GF is more of a community.

The strong loyal member base we have are made up of people who love to start an arguement, start a debate, and aren't afraid to stand their ground in any subject. I can guarentee, you will find SOMEBODY to bitch at in here, and since we wish to keep GF as a community, we require those who wish to be a part of the community with their own avatar and sig, etc.. to buy their way into the community. Otherwise, we all could not give a **** either way. We've seen em come and go, all ****ing types, trolls, spammers, black haters, wiggars, leet talkers, you name it we get it, and we have knocked every ****ing one of them down a level or 2... thats what we do here. We just bitch about the ****ed up things in the world, even if its YOU !!

Yeah, I know, maybe if I got my head out of my ass and ****ing updated it since our last site overhaul people would know this ****...hmm... MY BAD !!

Then why ****ing ask ??:rolleyes: If you were eligible to have an avatar, you can trust that I or one of the other mods would have assigned you one, just like we assigned you a signature already.
So, this is our new 'friendly' welcome to WYPO? Hmmm.
Maybe if you had put the joint down when you wrote up the New Member Info page, it would make the slightest bit of sense to those of us who do not participate in recreational drugs...

Back