Okay guys, this is how it's going to be...

Hyper said:
no, it failed because it.. literally didn't work. everything was false. and you couldn't raise the karma/rep of anyone else.
Really? So you gave someone karma and nothing happened?

I'm also thinking it would help if we named it something other than karma lol :D

But yeah it's not a hack at all. Its a basic feature of the site it just has to be turned on. We'll take a look at this one.

On the Karma system issue:

On the forum where I saw this you are only able give rep to the same person twice in 3 days. If you attempt to give rep to a member more than 2 times in 3 days you get a message that reads "Please spread reputation to other members before giving it to this member again" or something of the sort. Your amount of rep should be displayed under your avatar, join date, and such.
This will add more fun factor to the forum, I believe. And it will help decide who is worthy of being elite.

Personally I don't think the Karma System is that bad of an idea. Providing it was explained clearly (I feel the old one was confusing, but maybe with more time we'd have gotten it eventually-?) I can't see an issue with it, probably more positives than negatives, so yeah *thumbs up* all for it.

As for the newspage, its what we need around here amid all our speculation and hype. I'm not sure on the legal issues or whatever but I get almost all of my up to date LP news from over at LPT. It's probably THE most exponentially up-to-date source around that I've ever some across with regards to LP, and fairly reliable. Maybe someone should see about an affiliation there or something? I'm not sure how that works, I'm not technically-literate, but Jas has a lot there and if we're able to 'borrow'/link with him then we can have our news and provide him with more customers for his downloads, seeing as how someone made mention of having somesort of stockpile of LP stuff at our (LPF in general) disposal for exchange. I'm not sure if it would mean we're cutting our own throats in some regards, downloads in that case may become clogged with more people accessing who aren't necessarily members here (LPT being a free site anyway with no subscription) and in essence kind of losing our own identity in a way... do you get what I'm trying to say?

Anyway, I'm not sure what can be done to necessarily 'better' LPF, as has been said it's driven by the members (and acknowledgably maintained by you mods) and having more games may just distract members further from the topics and threads that are there. What about cleaning the place up a bit, general housekeeping? I've noticed people starting duplicate threads without searching first, and we lose old threads behind them that may still be of relevance. Is there any way you could "re-hash" the older threads into archives and merge all similar threads into one to clear up some of the mess? *shrugs* Just musing is all.

Again, not sure if it's what you're after but just a suggestion.
BTW, you're all doing a great job anyway. Just wanted to tell you that because until things like this thread were brought to my attention I had no idea what really went on behind the scenes (and probably still don't in all reality) behind keeping sites like this alive. I know it doesn't help solve your issues but thought maybe you'd appreciate someone saying thanks is all, so, y'know; "thanks." :thumbsup:

TC, TTYL,
-Rav

Ravynlee,

Good post. I believe an affiliation of some sort with lptimes might be in order. I notice they don't have a "forums" link on their site and I may offer to them that we become "the" forum for lptimes and in exchange we give them credit for all of the news on our site or just place a "news sponsored by lptimes" banner on the front page.

The karma system is bein re-evaluated right now and we should have a decision shortly.

Q

If you email the linka t the bottom of the site they will get back toy ou wuickly, they added a link to my sight within the first day of me emailing them.

I think you should add a fort minor forum.

Suicide King said:
On the Karma system issue:

This will add more fun factor to the forum, I believe. And it will help decide who is worthy of being elite.

Did I not say that? This WAS my idea.

I said rating system as in like brownie points or gold stars. Someone else said karma.

Regardless of whos idea you think it was, it is still an idea to be implemented.

maybe we can do something about all these Bidding and Trading threads poping up. they are starting to annoy me. Maybe we could create a section for people to go to talk about stuff they have to trade or sell, instead of crowding up the General LP talk area.

What I think would make LPF a better place is if its members worked together on various LPF projects. I tried that theory with the (ironically named) LPF Projekt, but nobody really seemed to care about that.

Get the writers to collaborate on stories about LPF. Get the computer artists to make new imagery for LPF. Get the remixers to make more albums for LPF (I'm up for that ;)).

The LPF Awards is another great example of how to bring the forum members together. More things like that, things that involve more members at a time, is what will make LPF a better place to be.

Back