One legitimate example where women get screwed.

timesjoke said:
How about changing your name to something truly original? Then when people want you to provide proof, it is reasonable?

I might be persuaded to help come up with a few ideas for names if you like.........

;)

I LOVE my name! It's a strong, noble name and I never want to change it again!

What kind of names did you have in mind for me, TJ? Now I'm curious.

Bitch Face Johnson?

Hate Filled Simon?

Fat Ass McGee?

Sarah Palin?

snafu said:
You give me the cheek and I'll give you some tounge. :D

Did...did you just ask me out on a DATE? :p

snafu said:
Hay I was talking to Ali. I don't swing that way! Just out of curiosity, how big is that butt? :rolleyes:

Monstrously huge. You'll need both hands. heh

Ali said:
I LOVE my name! It's a strong, noble name and I never want to change it again!

What kind of names did you have in mind for me, TJ? Now I'm curious.

lol, I actually was not being mean or anything, just playing around, but an original name would be interesting and be a source of humor and even more being as your into art so it could be something along those lines.

Raku Hue Tempera

That has a ring to it, lol.

Or hey, why not a letter? You could be "T" or even "J", possibly even the majestic and mysterious "X". Easier to sign your art......

Ali said:
Monstrously huge. You'll need both hands. heh

You give it a slap and ride the wave in.........

I moved to another state a year ago and had the same thing happen to me opening a checking account. :eek:. Ironically, I got an aide position at a charter school and had an easier time with that. Seemed the background check went smoother -lol.

timesjoke said:
lol, I actually was not being mean or anything, just playing around, but an original name would be interesting and be a source of humor and even more being as your into art so it could be something along those lines.

Raku Hue Tempera

That has a ring to it, lol.

Or hey, why not a letter? You could be "T" or even "J", possibly even the majestic and mysterious "X". Easier to sign your art......

You give it a slap and ride the wave in.........

I like your humorous side TJ. Maybe others will think your human like me, keep it up.:p

Want to trade your experience of being screwed because you're a woman with this guy being screwed because he's a man?...

Man jailed for not supporting someone else's child

ADEL, Ga. ? A Georgia man spent more than a year behind bars for failing to pay child support for a child that wasn't his, but he was released after DNA tests showed he wasn't the father.

Frank Hatley, 50, had been jailed since June 2008 for not making payments, but two separate DNA tests in the last nine years showed he was not the father of the boy, who is now 21.

Southern Center for Human Rights attorney Sarah Geraghty won Hatley's release at a hearing Wednesday in Superior Court. A court order has also relieved him of his financial obligation to the Georgia Department of Human Resources.

"State child support officials have shown extraordinarily poor judgment in Mr. Hatley's case," Geraghty said.

Although Hatley was freed from making future payments after a 2001 hearing, Superior Court Judge Dan Perkins had ordered him to continue making $16,000 in back payments. He paid $6,000 of that before being laid off from his job.
Man jailed for not supporting someone else's child - Yahoo! News

That is nothing IWS.

In Florida there is a law that says once paternity is set, you have 30 days to fight or it can "NEVER" be changed for any reason. In Florida if a woman applies for welfare for a child she must give the name of a man as the father. They submit that name to the court to have child support ordered for the child and the notice is sent to whatever address the mother gives. They do not have to have verified process service.

So a man can be ordered to pay child support for a child he did not create and even with DNA testing proving he is not the father, too bad, your still paying for the child.

It is estimated that around 30% of all child support paid by men is for children they did not father.

snafu said:
My friend payed child support for a child that wasn't his and after she was of age helped her out until she was in her twenty's.

timesjoke said:
That is nothing IWS.

In Florida there is a law that says once paternity is set, you have 30 days to fight or it can "NEVER" be changed for any reason. In Florida if a woman applies for welfare for a child she must give the name of a man as the father. They submit that name to the court to have child support ordered for the child and the notice is sent to whatever address the mother gives. They do not have to have verified process service.

So a man can be ordered to pay child support for a child he did not create and even with DNA testing proving he is not the father, too bad, your still paying for the child.

It is estimated that around 30% of all child support paid by men is for children they did not father.

I think that's the same up here. Although my friend did not dispute it he paid anyway.

snafu said:
My friend payed child support for a child that wasn't his and after she was of age helped her out until she was in her twenty's.

By choice and knowing she wasn't his?

ImWithStupid said:
Want to trade your experience of being screwed because you're a woman with this guy being screwed because he's a man?...

Man jailed for not supporting someone else's child - Yahoo! News

Yeah, I read that the other day. That's some bull crap! They should make the lying, skanky broad pay HIM back for all he's paid already AND for the time he spent in jail. And what in the world is wrong with the judge by still making him pay for the back support?? He isn't the guy's father!!!

Because in the absense of hooking these men for support suddenly the State must support these children and frankly, they are all broke so even if they know it is unfair, they are stuck on this path.

snafu said:
I think that's the whole reason why everybody was debating Ali.

I know, snaf. Em and I are just making light of the fact that TJ says the world is unfair and we need to accept it in one post and then spouting off about how unfair this particular situation is in another.

I guess only he is capable of picking and choosing what is to be deemed "fair" or "unfair"....the rest of us need only bow to his wisdom and accept his assessments as Gospel truth.

Heh.

I always tell my kids, when they say something isn't fair, that if they want fair, wait until July and go to the county fair.

Back