picked up a 97 cr500 engine....put it in the R?

If you do decide to do this... Check out everything2stroke.com... ~280 page thread on it, and 99% have scrapped the project... Me being one of them

do a counter balancer on the motor and the biggest problem is solved. all the guys who scraped these projects didnt counter balance the motor. if you dont counter balance the motor there is no point of even trying. look up on you tube there is a guy with a 250R with a CR500 motor and he made a counter balancer for it and it took away the vibration.

I've been there done it on the 2-stroke swap. All that work to make it nice and fast right? Then one day you get your ass handed to you by a good running 450r and it starts all over. It's a great learning experience but not worth the effort... kinda like a street bike engine. My fav to race.

the thing about the CR500 motor is it can make 60-80 hp pretty cheap and still be reliable. its also about the same size and weight as the 450 motor so you can still ride mx and climb technical hills ect. the thing with the street bike motor swaps is they are only good for drag racing and sand dunes. my friend has a raptor with a R1 motor and it shines in the dunes but its not rideable in the trails ect

I too am scrapping the cr project :gr_emb: I found out it's alot of work to counterbalance the cr motor. I am going to sell it to my brother in law to put it in his atc 250r. What hybrid motors have you guys ran with the greatest success to mod ratio? It's mostly going to be a dune machine. I already have a good trail 450r now I need something to compete with some modded banshees and such on the sand.

hell toss a shee motor in there. guy who i think owns banshee HQ did it and its sweet! handling of a 450 with power of a shee. he was runnin 4mil crank with cub cylinders i believe too and it looked fast on youtube. lol

hell toss a shee motor in there. guy who i think owns banshee HQ did it and its sweet! handling of a 450 with power of a shee. he was runnin 4mil crank with cub cylinders i believe too and it looked fast on youtube. lol

I would rather just buy a banshee. I'm looking for a good honda engine to put in this rolling chassis I have.

Back