Points of Authority

Pheonix791989

Believe: MindFreak
this is a new fic all of it is mine all of the characters are mine the story idea is mine too. its taken me about two years to do this and the title that its under is just a working title so bear with me here. there is no LP in here except for listening to the songs.

My mind raced a I was jerked forward by my hands. They were chained together. I was a slave. A part human. After the war of 2007 right after I graduated highschool, part humans became the slaves of normal humans. The golden red feathers that fell from the tangles of greasey black hair were all messed up. I used to be so proud of them. They clipped my wings. the only thing that I ever really had to escape from the world was gone. I was a slave.

The cold steel chains around my wrists cut them and I bled freely. I wore nothing but a simple rag around my bottem and around my chest as a little cut off tank top. "Slave number 7989-5041." They called my number. I used to have a name, I don't remember it anymore. There were scars on my body, too many to count. about a few of them I did my self, the others my masters did. I still consider my self a virgin since the only sex I ever had was really considered rape. I was one of the lucky part humans, I can read and write. the newer ones havent even had a chance to go to school. The gaurds jerked me forward to a different place in line. I was now in the front block. There were men looking up and down the rows of part humans. Some of them stopped at number 122176-8975. "How about this one Steven, she looks like she can be really usefull." one of the men laughed. He has a buzzed haircut and a gotee with cold brown eyes. "I told you Scott, I don't want to be here." the one called Steven said. "Hey! Number 7989-5041 eyes forward!" I felt a sting on the back of my neck. The whip stung like a bladed rat tail in a snowstorm. I could feel the blood creep down my back. The whip fell again. This time the pain was just too much. I fell forward in an awkward position since my hands were chained together. My back was coated with dirt and grime from months without bathing. The dust choked my lungs as the whip fell again and again. Even though I was part Pheonix and my wounds would heal themselves in a matter of minutes, they still hurt like each one was fresh and new. The whip stopped falling against my back. I was half dazed as I felt a strong pair of arms lifted me up. "I'll take this one." the voice. The gaurds that whipped me picked me up by both of my arms. "Fine choice Mr. Elrod. But a man such as your self deserves a better one. Especaily one who is much more deserving of your basketball talent." That was the owner of the slave camp, Mr 'battle-ax' Bryant. "No I want this one." Half dazed I looked up into the eyes of the man. they were a cool blue. I then fainted.

i have a question.

if the narrorater is part phoenix and will heal scars in no time, why is their body covered in scars? Wouldn't they have healed?

geez all of you analyist are killin me. that goes ditto for my english teacher. to answer your question, they are healed but they leave scars. since she is part pheonix she wont heal all the way. the healing process kinda finishes before its compleatly done (if that makes since to you) but heres the next part.

I felt someone gently shake me. My eyes fluttered open. I saw the same pair of eyes that I saw before I fainted. Two pairs of strong arms pulled me up. My vision was swimming in and out. My legs just came out from under me. I found myself on the ground again. Damn gravity. I thought savegly. "come on let's get you home." a gentle voice said. I tried to get up again and failed. I noticed that my leg was laying at a really weird angle. I closed my eyes and focused. the stench of blood reached my nose. Oh just ****ing good. I now have a broken leg. I saw a guard raise a whip. I instinctively cringed in fear. "Don't whip her." The gentle voice said with a harsher tone. Sudenly there was a fire as if my leg was on fire and the gash in my shin started to close. then as it got to the scar it stopped. 'just remember you cant trust any humans. they are all lying pieces of ****.' my good friend Artic had said. He was an ice dragon. "You picked a lousy choice Steven. You need someone who will be apreciative of your basketball skill." The one called Scott said. "Look Scott I really apreciate you comming to help me with this, but I can tell that I want this one." the gentle voice said. He led me to his car and opened the door for me. The owner unlocked my wrists. instaintly the cuts and scratches from the chains healed up. I know those blue eyes from somewhere. It bothered me that i actually remembered something from so long ago. when i can't even remember my name. I dont remember anything after my graduiation. I dont remember teacher's names or anything. I remember giving one person one of my golden feathers from my wings. I only had two of my flight feathers that were gold. that was it though. I got in the car with him. "So do you have a name?" I shook my head. "I know I had one, I don't remember it though." I said meekly. I don't want to anger him before I really want to. "That's a shame. I bet it was a perfect name for you." He said as he put the car in motion. He turned on the radio and searched for a song on his CD player. A hard almost mechanical like sound came out of the speakers. I rocognized the song from somewhere. "You like music?" He asked conversationally. "I haven't heard it in along time." I said. "That's too bad. Maybe when we get to the hotel and get you a shower, I can take you to get you some things like clothes and stuff." He said as he kept his eyes on the road. "You don't have to." I said. "No I want to. I'm only doing this because of pressure from my team mates and friends. My family dosen't aprove of things like this." He said as he came to a stop light. I looked out the window to the Arrizona landscape. "thank you." I said. "Its not a problem, where did you live before you came to the camp?" He asked. "Fayetteville North Carolina." Suddenly the car was filled with the hard music. "I used to live there. But I live in New York now. When we stop in Pheonix, we'll have a couple of hours before our plane leaves." It was a weird thing for me to be talked to like a normal person. After Bush did the Part Human Registration Act, I was looked down upon like a freshmen amongst some seniors.

I was on the plane sitting next to Steven. I was wearing a black strait jacket like shirt and baggy black pants that he had gotten for me from Hot Topic. On the airplane TV screen they were showing the Presidents ignauration address. we finally have a new president. "Its about time." Steven murmered. "Every time Bush opened his damn mouth, someone was getting hurt." I shivered as I looked out the window. I then felt warm. I looked up and Steven had put a blanket over my shoulders. "Thank you thank you for every thing." I said quietly. "Its nothing I promise."

heres the seccond part.

I tried to sleep on the plane. There was way too much going on in my mind. I kept having flashes of things I didnt remember, then some things I did remember.:: They hung Artic's dead body from the gate by his neck. there were three shots in his chest. I shudered as the heads of our blocks made us walk by it.::"I promise that I won't ever forget you." the guy said. I looked up at him strangly. "There is no way it can happen. you've already left too much of an impression on me." He said not looking at me but at the sky where a hawk circeled over head. "Even if you fight other part humans?" I questioned him. "If I had a choice I wouldnt." The guy said. I brought one of my wings around. I closed my eyes and quickly plucked one of my two golden flight feathers. "Here this will protect you." I said as I gave it to him.::The old fifty year old man that was my master had gagged me and handcuffed me to the bed. I let out a muffeled scream.:: I shot up. The bnlanket had fallen off of me. Steven was asleep in the next chair. I tried to take in deep calming breaths. I wasnt Having too much luck. Then as the plane flew on I fell back into an uneasy sleep, this time I wasn't punctured by nightmares.

Steven opened the door to his house. I cautiously looked in. It was a really nice house. Steven gave me the same awkward smile that I saw the boy in my dreams give me. His house was pretty bare. A TV a stero a bookcase of CD's that was it in the living room. He then showed me the room I was going to stay in. Steven then said that he was going to take a shower then take me out to dinner as a welcome to your new home kind of thing. I sat in my bedroom. It had the same CD's in here that were up in the living room. I scanned the names of the bands, Metallica, Good Charlotte, Yellowcard, rancid, Blink-182, some of these names were very familiar to me. I paused as I looked at a grey CD. It had a picture of a man with bug like wings and he was carying a flagg. It was all one color. "Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory." I said the words familar, but they still sat on my tounge as dry grits. I opened up the front cover and looked through the lyrics. My eyes fell on one song.
I cannot take this anymore
saying everything I've said before
all these thoughts they make no sense
I found bliss in ignorence
less I hear the less you say
you'll find that out any way
(just like before)
everything you say to me
takes me one step closer to the edge I'm about to break
I need a little room to breath
takes me one step closer to the edge I'm about to break
I found that the answers arn't so clear
wish I could find a way to dissapear
all these words they make no sense
I found bliss in ignorance
nothing seems to go away over and over again
(just like before)

I suddenly heard in the back of my mind the song. Then I remembered being in texas for the Meteora Tour with a friend. :: "You what's up Texas!!" The Japanese guy called. "This next song is called Numb!" The blonde shouted. "If you know the words help us out!!" :: I heard a knock on the door. Then Steven poked his head in. "Hey do you mind if I come in?" He asked. I shook my head no. He came over to where I was on the other side of my bed. He then proceeded to lay down on top of it. "I think I found the perfect name for you. You wanna hear it?" I nodded yes. I'm not too much of a verbal person. "Blaze. I had a friend named that. She was one of those I dont take **** from any one type of girls." I nodded. Just like everything about Steven, the name was anoyingly familiar. "Well im going to go change, see you in a few minutes." He said. After he left I climbed up on to the bed where I laid down where he was. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply taking in his scent. Most of the time I was terrified of men that were my owners. they would do the same thing over and over again. Screw me and sell me. I could tell that there was something different about this one. he seemed, well, different.

I wore the same clothes that I had worn on the plane. Steven promised to take me to get some new ones tonight and tomorrow. This is the most I have ever had in one place. Steven gave me an awkward smile as we sat down at a table. I looked around. There were pictures of a really disorted town and there was a mountain like spiral with the moon shining behind it and a skeleton and a doll like girl standing on it. "You like the decor?" Steven asked as he looked at the mural that I was looking at. "Nightmare Before Christmas?" I asked. Another one of the few things that I remembered. It was my favorite movie of all time. "So she speaks." He said with a chuckel. I blushed, "Its about time you got some color in your face." I looked down at the menu. I couldn't decide what to eat. I haven't eaten any but mush for eight years. "umm excuse me Mr. Elrod?" I peered over the top, it was a little kid wearing a New York Knicks Jersey. Steven gave a really big smile. "Yeah what can I do for you dude?" The little kid fidigeted with a pen and a little spiral note book. "Can I have your autograph? I'm a really big fan of yours." Steven smiled, he grabbed the pen and the notebook. "Sure little dude." He wrote something in it. "Here ya go buddy." Steven ruffeled his hair. "Thenk you Mr. Elrod!" I could see the back of his jersey. number 23 Elrod. Through the window the snow was comming down pretty hard. "I haven't seen snow since before I can ever remember." I said. "I think its **** what they do to you guys." Steven said as he motioned to a part human waiter. "The guys that wait here are all part humans. They are some of the nicest guys that I've ever known. you know." Steven paied for our dinner. then we went out for a walk. The snow came down on us. there were flakes stuck in his hair. they stood out really well against his black hair and then it made his saphire eyes become more and more spectacular.

(Steven's POV)
I wish I could remember things like she did. I didn't want to even get a part human slave. But my friends, if you could even call them my friends, they wanted me to get one. I did fight against the part humans in the war, I remember things about the war. I remember my friend Blaze from high school. everything just seemed to get worse when bush took office for another four years. Now that we have another president maybe we can let the part humans go and live lives just like us. The people that supported him just didnt understand that they were just like everyone else. I laid on my bed and looked through the yearbook again. I remember being with Blaze on the last day of school of my senior year. She was two years younger then me, but we were still pretty cool. I really liked her. But she was like this punk girl and I was a basketball player, they all say that it wouldnt work out. I was just scared that you know she wouldnt like me. But then I finally got the courage to kiss her then I had to leave and fight. That was one of the few days that I remember real clearly.

(Blaze's POV)

I closed my eyes as I sank down into the pillow on my bed. I closed my eyes. It was the first time that I slept without nightmares. ::My eyes closed as he leaned in closer to me. I felt his lips on mine. He slipped his toung in my mouth. It was the most amazing thing in the world to me. "oh god." He said. "What did I do it wrong?" I asked him as he pulled away. "No you did it fine." He said as he gave me a passionate kiss. "You don't know how much I love you Steven." I said as I continued to kiss him. He moved down to my neck. "I love you too Blaze." He said his voice muffeled against my neck

Back