Progressive Paradise?

the people getting many millions in salaries simply can't be worth what they're getting paid. If you started the company, sure, why not? If you actually built the damn thing from the ground up, you deserve every penny you get (I believe that Sam Walton earned every damn penny he and his offspring will ever receive). But when you look at what certain people actually DO for a company, vs. how much they get paid, you start seeing things not add up properly.

Let us take the CEO of McDonald's who made 18 million one year. He has 1.5 million employees under him. Divide his salary by the number of employees and you get 12 dollars. It is quite easy to justify his salary.

You didn't justify his salary. You gave me a number the CEO doesn't control divided by his income. It was actually probably the most ridiculous "justification" of anything I've ever seen. You did absolutely nothing for your argument.

Tell me what he DOES. I'm talking about what he DOES. If he PERSONALLY leads those 1.5 million employees each day, has massive conference calls with the stores each day to give them pep talks, etc, etc, then he deserves his salary. THAT is justification.

http://www.steverrobbins.com/articles/ceojob#part1

Looking at that, we can see that CEO means you do alot for the company. Or are supposed to. Anyway, looking at what they do, the actual amount of work they put in isn't worth even 18 million. 7 figure salary? Maybe. Higher 6 figure salary? Most definitely. After all, what they do affects the whole company. They deserve to be well paid. But we're joking ourselves if we can say with a straight face 18 million dollars a year is how much they "earn". That's beyond "well paid", and far beyond "comfortable".

Now, I looked up your "18 million" assertion. Know what his "base salary" was for that year? 1.4 million dollars. Now THAT number sounds about right. If you run a company (especially a large company like McDonalds), you should get around that for the work you put in. You know what the rest was? "Performance bonuses". So he "earned" about 8 times his "base salary"? I'm glad McDonald's is doing well, but Jesus. That seems a little excessive. And how much in "performance bonuses" did those lower than him get? The trickle-down of these bonuses stops somewhere, probably just shy of the people actually serving the food. But I'm sure if you cut those bonuses down, you could pay those who actually interact with the customers on a personal level a little bit more to work with. An employee who has fewer financial worries is a happier employee!

the people getting many millions in salaries simply can't be worth what they're getting paid. If you started the company, sure, why not? If you actually built the damn thing from the ground up, you deserve every penny you get (I believe that Sam Walton earned every damn penny he and his offspring will ever receive). But when you look at what certain people actually DO for a company, vs. how much they get paid, you start seeing things not add up properly.

Let us take the CEO of McDonald's who made 18 million one year. He has 1.5 million employees under him. Divide his salary by the number of employees and you get 12 dollars. It is quite easy to justify his salary.

You didn't justify his salary. You gave me a number the CEO doesn't control divided by his income. It was actually probably the most ridiculous "justification" of anything I've ever seen. You did absolutely nothing for your argument.
Let me put it to you quite clearly. People are paid in for what they can do to effect the company bottom line. You work smart, not neccesarrily hard. Would not you be willing to pay someone 19 bucks an hour for just giving you $20 every hour? I would.

If ya want bonuses don't be a fry cook. pretty simple.

My point was, Hugo, that if you get 11 million dollars in bonuses, you have 0 right to complain that the people under you get food stamps because they can't afford to eat.

My point was, Hugo, that if you get 11 million dollars in bonuses, you have 0 right to complain that the people under you get food stamps because they can't afford to eat.

I guess ya never heard of the 1st Amendment.

I wasn't speaking legally. He has the right to call them all of bunch of ****suckers, if he so chose.

I was saying his complaints would be asinine because he made many times his salary in bonuses, an amount that is itself asinine. But what can you do, eh?

I wasn't speaking legally. He has the right to call them all of bunch of ****suckers, if he so chose.

I was saying his complaints would be asinine because he made many times his salary in bonuses, an amount that is itself asinine. But what can you do, eh?
People that are on food stamps are bums. Case closed.

I don't agree with that, but it's not a factual point that can be proved or disproved, so we're at a stalemate.

I don't agree with that, but it's not a factual point that can be proved or disproved, so we're at a stalemate.

Yes, you may continue to be a commie sucking off the government tit.

Welfare recipients should be drug tested to receive benefits. Most people I have ever known who received food stamps did not need them. They were drug addicts, or simply screwing the system because they wanted to keep their brand new minivans (registered under a relatives name of course).

There are some families that do need it. Those ones usually go without.

The ones who receive and lie about other incomes, etc are thieves as far as I'm concerned.

Don't even get me started on unemployment benefits lasting over 2-1/2 years, seriously! I have a neighbor Drunk Dave, who has been collecting unemployment at a huge rate for over 2-1/2 years. He hasn't looked for a job, he has however, made it to the bar everyday and got himself a dui on our tax dollars. WTF.

Someone here mentioned California as a state to watch for our future. Right on there. I've never seen so much overpopulation in my life, I hate the West Coast. They give everything to illegals then wonder why their money has run out? Brilliant!

For the life of me, I cannot understand the out-of-control spending. The only answer I can come up with is: Maybe some in Washington aren't worried about preparing for tommorrow because they know there will be no tommorrow soon enough!

Soe good news foer JAW:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110418/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_italy_obit_pietro_ferrero

Welfare recipients should be drug tested to receive benefits. Most people I have ever known who received food stamps did not need them. They were drug addicts, or simply screwing the system because they wanted to keep their brand new minivans (registered under a relatives name of course).

There are some families that do need it. Those ones usually go without.

The ones who receive and lie about other incomes, etc are thieves as far as I'm concerned.

Don't even get me started on unemployment benefits lasting over 2-1/2 years, seriously! I have a neighbor Drunk Dave, who has been collecting unemployment at a huge rate for over 2-1/2 years. He hasn't looked for a job, he has however, made it to the bar everyday and got himself a dui on our tax dollars. WTF.

Someone here mentioned California as a state to watch for our future. Right on there. I've never seen so much overpopulation in my life, I hate the West Coast. They give everything to illegals then wonder why their money has run out? Brilliant!

For the life of me, I cannot understand the out-of-control spending. The only answer I can come up with is: Maybe some in Washington aren't worried about preparing for tommorrow because they know there will be no tommorrow soon enough!

I work at one of the local Wal-Mart Supercenters, and I see people who've never worked a day in their lives come in and spend their food stamps on sh t you can barely consider "food", besides that it's edible (cookies, snack cakes, etc). It's bullshit, and it's annoying.

And yes, Unemployment is ridiculous. We keep hiring new people, and I see new people in places I've shopped at/ate at/etc. Jobs are out there. And of the ones desperate to find a job, what I've seen/heard from some is that they get more money on Unemployment than they would working at like McDonalds or something. So they stay on Unemployment. And then the economy dies.

Also, California is far too liberal for its own good :p

Back