Ran my 07 on the dyno... How'd I do?

nico

For my birthday, I slipped away to the Stewart's ATV dyno shop to tune my latest 450R project. It was way too hot (105 degrees) to get better numbers, but I'm fairly happy with it for a stock bore, stock crank on pump gas... Below is one of the dyno sheets, and a couple bike pics. Let me know what you think.
62813 Dyno Run.jpg
Photo2006.jpg
Photo2016.jpg

Thanks! 450cc, Demon CNC +1 head, CP 12.5:1 piston, Web 208/921, Dasa Classic, bored FCR, FCI... Stock appearing trail cruiser (sleeper).

those are great numbers and it looks like a solid build, but if you want to go faster on the trails or the track for that matter...your money is better spent on suspension components. Sure you can blow your buddies 45hp machine away in a straight line, but if you hit the woods or track against a machine with the proper suspension and arms, your motor won't do any good.

Oh, I know... This one is a handful to ride (was way worse with a more bottom-end cam), but I really ride my 250R or 330R more. Both of them have the suspension to work well at these power levels.

The 450 was just an experiment, trying different cams and parts to attempt to ease the "hit" on the tires, and wheelie less. It really starts to pull about 40 ft. out from the starting line. It's really just a trail cruiser, and sleeper drag bike (or as much as it can be with a stock swingarm).

I wish I knew of some stock-ish tires that would hook like my Pro-Wedges.

ohtsu tires hookup incredible in the hard pack dirt. what you have on there are actually very good dirt tires, they're light and actually get suprising traction similar to the ohtsu's that come stock on the 400ex.

Thanks for all the compliments, this is a great site, without all the BS of some of the others.

I've tried the Ohtsu 501's with good results, but these Dunlops are the ones Rocky Mountain was selling at one time for very cheap. They do okay, but really spin compared to the factory 450R/Raptor tires or the 501's. If I'm going to be playing mostly at the strip, I swap on my Pro Wedge 2's or even Pro Wedge 1's.

Thought those were the tires, i bought 2 sets from rockymountain, it was 140 something for all 4 tires....can't beat it!

Thank you for the welcome. I just realized that my horsepower and torque readings were reported with SAE conversion factors, but most shops report them in Standard STD or STP measurements. I asked for an updated printout, which Randy will be emailing. Does anybody have any experience with the conversions?

Back