Re installed pro armor skid.... had to make it fit with new dirtworks linkage.

bvet4dog

mmhmm bacon!
I plan on riding tomorrow and i wanted to put my swing arm skid plate (pro armor) back on. I find out that it wouldnt quite work. So i had to make it work by cutting some metal off and use some washers. The reason for the washers is because the small piece of aluminum is bent near the sprocket and rotor. Note: it's been bent back about 4 times. I have a feeling that this skid will be completely trashed tomorrow lol. But hey it's just for now till i change the set up to sprocket / rotor guard.

My grinder blade wouldn't come off and i have a new blade to use... the sawzall was missing... how am i going to cut up the aluminum off? I used my friend's jigsaw (black decker) and man the blade was dull. lol. The good thing is i got it done, now I'm ready to go ride. Thought I'd share some pics. How'd i do? I think this will work for now.

Oh and if any one needs to know what size the bolts i used they were m8 x 20. I couldn't find any flange bolt style at the local hardware store so i used bolt n washers instead.

I have the same skid plate, I was thinking about doing the same thing because it will not fit around my new linkage or buying the Teixeira skid from Immortal, my pro armor has taken a beating too, I bought some 22" maxim rear tires for some added ground clearance for desert riding, seems like I am bending the skid back into shape after every trip. I have not had it rubbing yet but real close. The Teixeira is stainless but the rotor guard is delrin and the sprocket guard is a bolt on piece of aluminum so I don't know if it would really be an improvement. I am leery of the guards that bolt onto the sprocket because they transfer the load to the carrier and the sprocket bolts

the suspension was fantastic! Jake was behind me and saw me take everything on the trail. He said i could ride :) It made me felt really good.

However the skid.... it took a beating! I'll post pic later along with damage pics of the quad. Dont wait for it cuz it'll be later when i can move around some .

update:

Now that i'm home from my trip. I checked out my skid plate again. I have to say i'm supprised that the ear piece below the rotor didnt break off just yet. However it definately bent back into place. The gap between the rotor and skid... maybe just blow and shy of 8th of an inch. Other than that the only damage on the skid is closer to the linkage. Pic is below.

Baileyguns showed me a texieria skid on another quad and i really dig it. Pricy but hey it'll stay in place! I think i will buy that along with other parts i'll need for the quad.

Back