Religion and religious people piss me off.

How many fanatics claim to have god on there side, most of them!

The main current conflicts in the Middle East can be whittled down to religion.
The Jews believe Israel is there, the Palestinians believe its there and both claim to have god on there side, the basis of there on going, near sighted and pathetic conflict is RELIGION! A conflict that has been ongoing for over two thousand years.

Also the war in Iraq has been made into (by the Muslim fanatics in that region), a war between Christians and Muslims.

Yes animals kill one another, when chimp fight they fight for dominance and rarely kill there own kind, usually the looser is driven off and never returns. Most animals kill for food and teritory.

However Humanity is the only animal that kills for control.
Yes religion does not make people evil, but it sure as hell gives them an excuse for rapping, bashing, destroying and killing everything in there way, in the name of there peace loving god!

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
Good God Man! :eek: Why would I want to do that? Afterall, I am quite satisfied being of my species; a true Moderate. It's a beautiful thing indeed. :)

Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

hugo said:
Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Hmm. I'm in too good of company to be swayed by the likes of you. :cool:

Observe due measure, moderation is best in all things. - Hesiod, 700 B.C.

Moderation, which consists in an indifference about little things, and in a prudent and well-proportioned zeal about things of importance, can proceed from nothing but true knowledge, which has its foundation in self-acquaintance. - Plato, 380 B.C.

The virtue of justice consists in moderation, as regulated by wisdom. - Aristotle, 350 B.C.

Virtue is a habit of the mind, consistent with nature and moderation and reason. - Marcus Tullius Cicero, 50 B.C.

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation. - Moliere, 1660

The choicest pleasures of life lie within the ring of moderation. - Benjamin Disraeli, 1854

hugo said:
What did Popper have to say about Plato?

In his book, The Open Society and Its Enemies, Popper stated that the guiding public policy should be to "Minimize avoidable suffering," this in contradistinction to the Utilitarian maxim, "Maximize happiness."

While granting that Plato is the "greatest philosopher of all time ... [one] of unequaled intelligence," Popper attacked, in his book, Plato's political program.

So, am I to ascertain from your statement that you take as gospel, all writings and thoughts of those you admire, or only that I should?

However, I also find it hard to believe that all thoughts and ideas of all who you admire, are 100% congruent with each other. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

You wanna know why I ****IN LOVE movies like Brokeback Mountain???

Because it gets the bible beaters panties in a wad, I ****in love anything that does that. I absolutely love watching them twitching when something like that comes down the pike. Its almost like their affraid they will be struck down if they even so much as think a nasty thought.

Religious people have contructed their own prison, their prison being their belief system. They keep wanting to drag us in to be shackled next to them. Thanks, I've already put in my time, I'll just sit and watch them all languish.

Back