religion the art of disimformation

There is no proof that aliens have visited earth. But there is no proof than anything in the bible(s) happened, but we are still expected to believe? Umm sounds like a flaming pile of **** to me.

Also to the statement that it is phycially impossible to travel from one solar system to another in any given time frame, because nothing can travel faster than light, is like people saying the world is flat.

Also saying relgion is not the cause of war on earth, name one conflict on earth, past or present that has not been the cause of religion, most have.

Also I'm not a fan of totalitarian or religious therocracy. Marx was a bloody moron, I do not believe a state should repress the beliefs or life style of the individual within its sociaty. I'm a fan of decomcracy though and though, I take great pride in voting, doing the right thing by others and living my life the best I can.
How ever the first movment to repress its people wan't communisim, it was relgion, once again I would like to point out the dark ages. A time where the catholic church had run of the land, a time where if you spoke out as we are now doing would end with us being tied to a stake and burnt to death, a time when all advance that was deamed not in the churches best interest was illegal and punishable by death and if the religions of the world could do it to us again, they would.

I believe a state and people should be free from the infulence politically and or morally of all religious institutions. If a relgious institution has to much infulence over a sociaty that sociaty will fall into decay, and only when that sociaty is freeded from relgious oppression that it can grow. I sight as evidence, the rise of Islam in the middle east as a prime example, before the rise of Islam the cultures in the middle east were the most advanced on earth, if you don't believe me, look it up, they had the best medican, music, art and science on planet, but as Islam took hold there sociaties stagniated and if it wasn't for oil they would be ****ed.

There is no proof than anything in any of the bibles or religious text happend, some of the new testiment were written up to 150 years after christ so called lived and died, are you saying some of the inner circle lived for 150 years?
Every time they so called find proof, it turns out to be bullshit, unless you can show me proof that christ wad born, died and came back to life, unless you can show me proof of the burning bush, the parting of the red sea, unless you can show me than anything from the bible happened, you have no right to say we have not be vistied by aliens, men from mars or anything else.

quarky said:
There is no proof that aliens have visited earth. But there is no proof than anything in the bible(s) happened, but we are still expected to believe? Umm sounds like a flaming pile of **** to me.
John 3:1 "In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar

You claim that because the bible is false, then alien interference probable. Or that because the bible is true, then alians must be true?

As for your religious rule in dark times; 1) people were ignorent and religion gave anwsers 2) The terrible people of the world are not only more likly to succeed but are more likly to gravitate to positions of great power (Like heading a church or religion etc..) 3) There was plently of relion in the middle east before Islam (Reference: 90% of major religions through-out, including but not limited to, european history.)

And finally for wars not including religion; Vietnam mayhaps? WW1, WW2 (It didn't start because of Jews FYO), American Revolution, Any of the dozens of rebel overthrows of corrupt governments around the world. (The G8 arn't the only ones who go to war dipshit). And on that note, this won't get through to you so we'll just end now before I waste anymore calories typing.

(Note: I posted this aprox the same time as the above, sorry for any repetition of the truth. :rolleyes: )

Vietnam was a result of two opposing idological points of view, one being communism, which has been discribed buy its followers as a religion. ww1 started as a spat between the royal families of england and germany, one prodistant one catholic. ww2 was the left over result of ww1, also the nazis exteme hatred for the jews is a typical case of antisemitism which can be traced back over 2000 years and has been the result of religious/religious intollerance. The america revolution was caused by england taxing the colonies, again if you look at the root cause, you will find the Puritans had a problem with the prodistant reformation and were almonst the founders of the american colonies. Again all these are due to religion

Quote:
Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell
John 3:1 "In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar—when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, Herod tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and Traconitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene..."

There is sufficient evidence that Tiberius Ceasar was in fact the Roman Emperor after the death of Augustus Ceasar.

Yes there is proof that Tiberius ceasar born and died, there are 1st, 2nd, 3rd and goverment documentation on his life. Where is the documentation on chists? Oh I know we are supposed to take the 4th hand writing from a what you call the bible as truth?

Quote:
Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell
No it isn't. The world is not flat and nothing can travel faster than light. Get a grip and offer something useful, not just your whiney-assed and baseless opinion stated as fact!

For almost 1500 years the church pushed this line, also have you heard of quarks, they travel faster than light.

Quote:
Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell
Also saying relgion is not the cause of war on earth, name one conflict on earth, past or present that has not been the cause of religion, most have.
Vietnam, WWII, the American Civil War, the war of 1812, the American Revolution, The Mexican American War, The Texas Revolution... the list goes on.

read above

Quote:
Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell

... it's society (with an "e'") Again you state your bloated opinion as fact with no proof. Do you think you are going to be taken seriously? -or- are you just stupid and full of yourself. While I agree that Marx was a moron, my opinion is based on facts like the failure of the Russian social experiment of 1917. You just state your crap as axiomatic... you are a typical self-centered hypocrit with no depth of thought.

You proof is based on your undying love for the bible, run along slave

Quote:
Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell
Your a fan of democracy because of ypour pride in voting... another shallow statement.

So to be a supporer of democracy you have to be a right wing bible basher, **** wit

Speed of light...hmmm.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SpeedOfLight/FTL.html#1

Very interesting...

I especially like the argument that because the Bible names Emperor Tiberius, this somehow validates it as a historically accurate document. That's a hell of a leap in logic if ever there was one.

Other documents which do the same thing come to mind...

Upanishads
Bagavad Gita
Koran
Torah
Theravada - Tathagata (I especially enjoy the "Questions of King Menander", which records conversations between a Greek ruler of northwestern India in the second century B.C. and a Buddhist sage who converted him. I especially like where the sage explains some of the consequences of karma. Good stuff.)

Could they all possibly be true historical documents? According to your logic they could. If I type out a copy of Gulliver's travels, and includ a reference to George Bush, will that make it a historically accurate document in 2,000 years?

Then again, I've always enjoyed translations of the Mahabharata from India. It only predates the Bible by a mere 3,000+ years (around the 32nd century B.C.), it is the single most significant human writing ever, the longest epic poem ever written. It is 7 times LONGER than the Iliad & the Odyssey COMBINED and over 4 times the size of the Bible. Just an easy reading 2.5 million words.

It records war, greed, history, and cunning as well sublime and timeless wisdom...

i.e.

"This is the sum of all...- righteousness - In causing pleasure or in giving pain, In doing good or injury to others...A man obtains a proper rule of action by looking at his neighbor as himself."

Sound familiar? It should. Almost every stroy and ethical concept presented in the bible, can be found within it's pages (in it's original context, not the plagerized version of The Apostles) :rolleyes:

I love Wikipedia's quote:

" The Mahabharata's scope and grandeur is best summarized by one quotation from the beginning of its first parva (section): "What is found here, may be found elsewhere. What is not found here, will not be found elsewhere." "

It's true...You learn something new everyday... :D

quarky said:
I have also read part of the Mahabharata, but I do not class it as a religious book, to me its lessons on life and asks questions of humanity. I aslo like the art of war by SUN TZU
http://www.chinapage.com/sunzi-e.html
which is without doubt one of the greatest works written.

Back to the theory of the quarks, here is a link for you to look at :)
http://www2.slac.stanford.edu/vvc/theory/quarks.html
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SpeedOfLight/FTL.html#1

Read carefully my friend. I said...

" ...it is the single most significant human writing ever, the longest epic poem ever written."

The point I was trying to demonstrate is that there are many writings which contain historically accurate information intermingled with the narrative. Claiming the Bible is a historical document based upon the mention of Tiberius is a HUGE ****ing leap of dumb logic. :eek:

Psst... Hey kid, I'm on your side! Work with me here...:p

Please don't get my wrong I agree with what you've said Cogito Ergo Sum.
I also agree the the Mahabharata one of the greatest works written and yes alot of the bible has been taken from its pages. I didn't know wikipedia has some info on it.

As to how the bible mentioning Tiberius is a huge leap of dumb logic in proving the factual nature of the bible, I agree. In fact when ever there is a new find, some new proof of the events in the bible happening, it proves to be a hoax, you have to wonder why they need proof if they know they're right? Or maybe when they are sitting in church listening to there local parasite tell them what to think, how to live, blackmailing them into being so called good and moral, perhaps, just perhaps in the back of there minds, they know its all crap, but just don't want to accept the truth.

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
I especially like the argument that because the Bible names Emperor Tiberius, this somehow validates it as a historically accurate document. That's a hell of a leap in logic if ever there was one.

CES,

Although I do believe that the bible is historically correct, I certainly did NOT use this to prove that! (please read what I said)... I was referring to quarky's statement "But there is no proof than anything in the bible(s) happened." I simply showed that certainly one thing is provable (and many more BTW) ... I am simply tired of his/her statements of facts and misinformation.

If your going to jump all over me about that, then why don't say something about quarky's leap that WWI was started by catholic / protestant struggle!

You know me, CES, I highly disapprove of baseless crap.

BTW, the link to the speed of light read was pretty cool.

Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell said:
CES,

...You know me, CES, I highly disapprove of baseless crap... :)

...Although I do believe that the bible is historically correct... :eek:

...BTW, the link to the speed of light read was pretty cool.... :cool:

Okie dokie! Glad you liked it, but to me, the first two statements are incongruant with each other, but hey, I support your right to your religious beliefs so long as you keep them out of our tax funded schools, our government, and our courts. :p

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
Okie dokie! Glad you liked it, but to me, the first two statements are incongruant with each other, but hey, I support your right to your religious beliefs so long as you keep them out of our tax funded schools, our government, and our courts. :p
Damn, CES... The first "statement" is in fact a statement. The second "statement" is not! Nor do I try to defend it! Damn dude, did you wake up yet this morning?

Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell said:
Damn, CES... The first "statement" is in fact a statement. The second "statement" is not! Nor do I try to defend it! Damn dude, did you wake up yet this morning?

Well, my eyes are open, cup of coffee in my hand, but I haven't wanked off this morning yet, so no, I'm probably not awake yet. :eek:

Hey bro, it is your PERSONAL BELIEF. You don't need to defend it. It's not an issue with me. I just made a casual observation. That's all.

Plus, I have more juicy stuff I've shot at you here today in other forums. Get cracking you pot smoking conservative dirtbag! :p

Back