Rewiring Lights Need Electrical Guru

F-Red

Thrown Stones
I've been wanting to clean up my handle bars, by removing the light and kill switch cluster. So I started to tackle it this weekend. I thought I had it figured out, with these drawings, but I must be missing something.
The kill switch is easy, just leave the black/white and green wiring disconnected, using the key switch will be your on/off. As far as the lights, I want the high beam and the on postion to work together, I don't need
the low beam. The switch has an internal light, for on postion, I don't need that option. Any one see a problem with this concept? Thanks for your input. :gr_wink:

04/05 Wiring Diagram

The Switch To Be Used

Stewart, Do you still have that diagram you drew up for me? I'll look for it...

It was a little different from what you're doing Fred, It used a 3 way switch hi/off/low but you could probably figure out how to wire both on and use a 2 way. I'll see if I can find the drawing.

Here's the drawing I did for Ed mate... not sure if it'll help but may give you some ideas.. ? I'm off work from Wed am onwards so can draw you up something if needed then, I'm not going to get much time before then.

Have a look, see if it helps at all and throw out any questions you have..

Sorry it's a bit rough, it was done for Bailey, he's not as refined as yourself, so please make allowances...:rotflmao:

Here's the harness I made up using the stock plugs / wires to make it easier to fit etc..

And the switch mounted under hood. Toggle left for High, right for low, centre pos is Off.

lol, thanks stew! F*ck your diagram I have a horse outside! lmao

Fred, I have a switch with wires already on it if you want it. All youd have to do is splice your wires from the switch to it. Stew sent me a couple when I did my 04.. Then you could do exactly what's pictured above and keep both high and low beams.

Thanks guys for your help. I think I may have found my problem. When I cut the harness off, there were two ground wires going to the cluster. One going to the kill switch, the other one spliced to the ground wire. I believe that splice
feeds the lights, therefore I need to connect these two grounds together. (As Shown) I'll try it tonight. Thanks again guys!

Ground shown feeding the lights.

Back