Secular Nation V. Christian Nation

Crispy Critter

I think America is a Christian Nation and the constitution is based on a capitalism system that can only flourish within a culture that has a high moral ethic.

Divisions within urban and rural culture pretty much define the division in the federal government.

My questions for debating are:

If you think our government is secular or even should be secular do you believe in good and evil?

If you believe our nation is a Christian nation based on Christian laws do you affirm that good and evil exist?

In either case identify where you think morals come from.

Crispy Critter said:
I think America is a Christian Nation and the constitution is based on a capitalism system that can only flourish within a culture that has a high moral ethic.

Ah, still puffing on that crack pipe are you?

Crispy Critter said:
Divisions within urban and rural culture pretty much define the division in the federal government.

Here's another crock of ****! You cannot offer any proof whatsoever to back up this ludicrious statement.

Crispy Critter said:
My questions for debating are:

If you think our government is secular or even should be secular do you believe in good and evil?

The government IS secular and should remain so. Good and evil are often times, a matter of one's perspective. I prefer to say that I believe in the rule of law.

Crispy Critter said:
If you believe our nation is a Christian nation based on Christian laws do you affirm that good and evil exist?

Christian nation? Hardly.

Crispy Critter said:
In either case identify where you think morals come from.[/SIZE]

Morals, once again, is subject to very personal and subjective viewpoints. The much more accurate intrepretation is the rule of law.

Crispy Critter said:
I think America is a Christian Nation and the constitution is based on a capitalism system that can only flourish within a culture that has a high moral ethic.[/SIZE][/B]

A Christian nation with a high moral ethic? LOL

Crispy Critter said:
How about the way congress is divided and which states are red and which are blue. Even a dumb ass like you can figure out the red and blue states almost share equal population. Duh, must mean more urban people are lefties.

The only dumbass here is you and your half-****ed attempt at sounding intelligent!

For the record, here are the POPULAR VOTE of the 2004 election.

Bush: 62,040,606 - 51% - 286 electoral votes
Kerry: 59,028,109 - 48% - 252 electoral votes
Nader: 411,304 - 1% - 0 electoral votes

Just in case you cannot do math either, Mr. Bush (the man I voted for by the way, twice, and now utterly regret doing so), won by a meer 3,012,497 votes, or 2.4% of the TOTAL votes cast! Wow! Mr. Bush won the population equivilent of the city of Los Angeles and everything else in the WHOLE ****ING COUNTRY, was split down the middle!

Red and blue states are defined by the ridiculous system of the Electoral College where the winner takes all of the electoral votes and the news people paint the state one color or the other. It is in no way indicative of the actual popular vote in the state.

Case in point, here in Ohio, Mr. Bush had 2,859,764 votes to Mr. Kerry's 2,741,165. That's a difference of 118,599 votes, or only 2.1% of the votes in the whole state! Most all of the states were just like Ohio in the split. Check it out for yourself.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/president/

Your BULLSHIT on this topic doesn't hold any water!

I'm making Sunday dinner for my friends and family now, so I'll grind up and lay waste your other BULLSHIT later.

In case you haven't figured out yet, I can offer actual proof to back up my refutation of your lies and BULLSHIT. It's amazing you come back for more of a beating but I'll continue to indulge your fetish for being kick in the teeth over and over again.

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
Just in case you cannot do math either, Mr. Bush (the man I voted for by the way, twice, and now utterly regret doing so), won by a meer 3,012,497 votes, or 2.4% of the TOTAL votes cast! Wow! Mr. Bush won the population equivilent of the city of Los Angeles and everything else in the WHOLE ****ING COUNTRY, was split down the middle!
CES your positions on so many issues eliminate you from having ever voted republican. Go pound sand up someone else

Crispy Critter said:
Compared to what are your LOL's?

What moral ethics you have come from where?

You mentioned this in another thread. I just havent responded to it yet (actually i did but hit a button and everything got deleted and i got mad and hit my compute and shut it off)

So christians have the monopoly on morals huh? Thats where they are all from? I dont think so. Christian morals are wonderful and great....cept they dont follow their great teacher, jesus, like they should. Far from it. Christians feel it is their own place to judge (oops jesus said the opposite). Christians love to hate anyone who is not like themselves (oops once again jesus said the opposite) Chrisitans love to cram their beliefs down your throat (oops once again something jesus didnt want...he only asked it of you..not shoved it at you)...

The christian faith is nothing but crap borrowed from older faiths with a different story. ALL of their holidays are the same as the pagan ones that came before it.....IT has been said in many ways that this was the case to get them to convert easier...if thats the case doesnt that mean the bible is a big haox? Even if you wish to make coincidence a factor...it is still quite fishy

Every single christian holidy is the same as all pagan holidays. If the christian god and jesus were true to themselves you would think they would vary something or another...but alas..they didnt.

But to say that christians are the ones who create, and to this day hold morals...that is quite laughable. All i learned in my time of being a christian is to persecute, look down on, and be holier than thou....but remember every sunday you are forgiven for that because thats what the bible sais!. Any religeion that tells you that you are forgiven because you ask for it (no matter really what you have done) is a dangerous thing. It makes you not hold yourself accountable for your actions. OOHH WAIT...you are totaly correct. the legal system in america acts this way....With all the frivilous lawsuits going around that are (in a logical sence) bogus...then YES we are christian. PRAIS JESUS.

Morals are part of your character..not apart of your faith. You only add religeous morals to your list of morals because they tell you too...not because you actually feel it...

Vortex said:
im glad you remember my dad is a republican...However he supports me 100%...(not financially, unfortunately)...

So the question now is...what exactly do you mean by that my breeder friend?
The only thing I was saying is that CES has very strong views based on progressive liberal far left thinking and uses "oh, I voted republican and now I'm sorry for it" bullshit so you just don't immediately label him a left wing nut. When someone tells an out and out lie then you can't believe anything they say. If he truly voted republican then he's lying now about his strong progressive agenda because I've proven he has little ability to adjust to conservative thinking. Likewise, if he were conservative enough to vote republican would it would require great change to move far left in such a short period and he clearly displays inability to consider differing logic or ideology.

Crazywumbat said:
Seculars refere to an episode of South Park? What the **** are you smoking man? That might just be the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

So being to two countries makes you an expert on those areas of the world? Firstly, neither of them are exactly the most prominent or well off nation in that area. My old Hae-Dong Gumdo, basically Korean kendo, was originally from South Korea, as was his wife. I've never seen someone more happy with life than either of them, and I've never seen someone fall that far away from the description you gave for Koreans.

Again with the South Park...? Show me one person, secular or not, that takes their morales from any television show.
Dude print out my assessment of Korea and read it to the old son sang nim. Ask if he ever rode the Seoul - Pusan express train in the 60's &70's and ask him how many unscheduled stops were made to clear old men's bodies from the track whose son had died in Vietnam. Usually four a day on just half of the route in my recollection. Korean's are nationally proud so you may want to ask less offensively than I posted.

I have been to Japan, France, Austria, Italy, Sweden, Holland and through Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin with Russian soldiers manning their side and rode the midnight train from Berlin to Frankfurt through communist East Germany when 007 was a very cool dude. Ijust lived longer in Korea and Germany.

What is the reference for secular if not South Park?

Crispy Critter said:
What is the reference for secular if not South Park?

From life? From being strong enough to be able to live without the support of an imaginary friend? From realizing that religion has caused an infinite amount more problems than it has helpd solve? Can go on for a few hours like this, as opposed to asking someone what the reference for their religious morals is? A book written in a completely different era? Right...

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
LMAO! You're so stupid it hurts me to read your dribble.

Yes, for all of my life, until 2 weeks ago, I have been a Republican. The Republican Party USED to stand for:
Two weeks ago? What happened two weeks ago? What Republican Party are you referring to? Is there another one in this country that I didn

Back