should gays be allowed to adopt ??

Well that doesnt change the fact that someone is messed in the head and would do that to anyone....

just let them push further into a homosexuals background then.....If the chances are higher...then they/we need to set the bar higher on the individual

Vortex said:
Well that doesnt change the fact that someone is messed in the head and would do that to anyone....

just let them push further into a homosexuals background then.....If the chances are higher...then they/we need to set the bar higher on the individual

So we should look further into the background of a homosexual than a hetero? I kind of thought people are people and so far we have only seen proof that we should look further into the backgrounds of heteros if anything.

scratches head

tizz said:
So we should look further into the background of a homosexual than a hetero? I kind of thought people are people and so far we have only seen proof that we should look further into the backgrounds of heteros if anything.

scratches head

shrug who knows...adoption doesnt hit home for me...nor do i honestly care that much...

kids drive me nuts and the further away they are from me the better.....

...then again i have always wanted to own a machete

I fully support it.

It will not make the kid turn gay. Gay kids born from straight parents are obviously not straight, so how their parents sexuality affects them is beyond me

Gay people are NOT nessicarly pedophiles. Get your heads out of your asses if you think that

The only problem is that people aren't ready for this sort of thing and kids with gay parents will probably be subject to ridicule from peers. Maybe wait until there is more tolerance.

fullauto said:
I don't have any problem with what gay people do... As long as they are not criminals, they should be able to marrie, adopt, and all other things that we take as liberties as humans... What is the big deal? I'll tell ya, I would rather a familly with Two men, or Two females adopt a child rather than, an inner city mother plunk out her fifth child when there is no sign of ANY of there fathers around...

hmmm Fullauto I had that flexible attitude as well...but when the queers(they jokingly refer themselves as such) try to introduce books meant for 7 upwards with gay themes to schools and libraries..I said Hell No!!!

I think we have opened pandora's closet on this one(legislation wise)

I guess I'm a homophobe now...

Funny thing..we got this gay program on T.V called "outhouse" hahahaha that was self explanatory

hmmm I wonder if sd is gonna roast me on this one?

I don't think it's at all acceptable for gays to adopt/have children. The children cannot have normal lives because they have 2 dads or 2 moms in thier household. Thier bound to be corrupted in someway. I think, yes- adopt children in need - however - if your a gay couple I think it should'nt be allowed unless the couple can manage to raise the child to have a normal life - but I dont see how that is possible.

WHATEVER said:
I don't think it's at all acceptable for gays to adopt/have children. The children cannot have normal lives because they have 2 dads or 2 moms in thier household. Thier bound to be corrupted in someway. I think, yes- adopt children in need - however - if your a gay couple I think it should'nt be allowed unless the couple can manage to raise the child to have a normal life - but I dont see how that is possible.

Well now, when I was a kid it was the kids with single parents could not lead a normal life. Times change faster than gas prices. Is it more normal to grow up with zero stability and being neglected, or is it more normal to grow up with a support system to help you get through ALL of life's ****? I know a hell of a lot of people that came from terminally maried, heterosexual parents that have led anything but a normal or even nearly stable life. **** siciety, that is not our persoanl support system, it is what you recieve at home that matters.

Vortex said:

I want to make sure we are on the same page here Vortex. Are you stateing we need to set the bar higher on the individuals here? How the hell are you going to do that? This I would really like to know.

WHATEVER said:

This makes no sense at all. "raise the child so that they go on to have a "normal life" and then we will let you adopt the child"... huh?

a woman can have 6 kids from 6 fathers and it's not illegal.
She can invite one guy in after another, switch boyfriends every other week, and still keep her kids.

A woman can get married 9 times and have umpteen dozen step children, move her kids in and out of relationships ...The kids can have 8 different step fathers and 8 different step moms......and the kids are not taken away....

a parent can do drugs in front of their child, get busted, go to jail, get out, and get their kids back.

a father can rob a bank, kill a guard, go to jail, get out, and go home, and he's still a father. and maybe a grandpa.

a person can get drunk, drive a car, kill someone, go to jail, get out, and come home to the kids.

A parent can come home every night and get **** faced and still not lose the kids.

A person can bitch and moan racial/bias spew and raise their child in this manner, and they get away with it.

A parent can berate the children, scream, yell, hit, belittle and swear at their children, and they don't lose the kids.

A parent can raise their kids on fast food, all day TV, constant video games, and teach them that K-Mart is ART...and not lose their kids!

None of the above is "ideal" or what we would wish for", yet it happens.

Define Normal.

explain how to legislate that "Normal".

and you say, "gays shouldn't be able to adopt".

Are you sure?

sixes said:
I want to make sure we are on the same page here Vortex. Are you stateing we need to set the bar higher on the individuals here? How the hell are you going to do that? This I would really like to know.

Groan....

By setting the standards of adopting higher for those eligible canditates. If they are gay then maybe more checks should be made...

i hate kids and want them no where near me, they drive me insane.....so i will never want to adopt.

nor was i making any sort of personal crusade to change things....

i only care about the actual hatred involved...

tizz said:
Well now, when I was a kid it was the kids with single parents could not lead a normal life. Times change faster than gas prices. Is it more normal to grow up with zero stability and being neglected, or is it more normal to grow up with a support system to help you get through ALL of life's ****? I know a hell of a lot of people that came from terminally maried, heterosexual parents that have led anything but a normal or even nearly stable life. **** siciety, that is not our persoanl support system, it is what you recieve at home that matters.

Tizz, I was catching up on this thread and was going to say almost the exact same thing about it used to be traumatic for children in single parent homes. Also, whoever thinks that being in a non-homosexual household will magically make your life "normal" you are either in denial or a constant state of intoxication. I work in the legal system and have worked alot with social services, with court cases, with counselors, with the public in general and am usually good at reading through peoples fronts and bullshit. Let me say that from what I've observed in my experience (my vast personal and professional experience) "There is no such thing as a Functional Family".

As for whether or not gays or lesbians should marry, If they pass the same background checks as heterosexual couples do, I say go for it. From what I've seen they can't do worse then the straight coulples.

I also don't think the standards should be any higher for gay/lesbian couples as for hetero couples. Having different standards for adoption would be discriminatory and open up lines for abuse of the extra high standards to the point of making it impossible. Anyone remember the Jim Crow Laws, same thing here.

Hell there were parents that would not let their kids play with me because I was the first to come from a broken home. And to think, their kids are the ones that introduced me to smoking, drinking and drugs (not to mention I was the only person I know, still am, who has never shoplifted in my life)

ImWithStupid said:
Tizz, I was catching up on this thread and was going to say almost the exact same thing about it used to be traumatic for children in single parent homes. Also, whoever thinks that being in a non-homosexual household will magically make your life "normal" you are either in denial or a constant state of intoxication. I work in the legal system and have worked alot with social services, with court cases, with counselors, with the public in general and am usually good at reading through peoples fronts and bullshit. Let me say that from what I've observed in my experience (my vast personal and professional experience) "There is no such thing as a Functional Family".

As for whether or not gays or lesbians should marry, If they pass the same background checks as heterosexual couples do, I say go for it. From what I've seen they can't do worse then the straight coulples.

I also don't think the standards should be any higher for gay/lesbian couples as for hetero couples. Having different standards for adoption would be discriminatory and open up lines for abuse of the extra high standards to the point of making it impossible. Anyone remember the Jim Crow Laws, same thing here.

Thank you for this post....thank you!

I just figure anyone who has nothing to worry about shouldnt worry about getting any sort of background check....

Love is love......

its something christians and republicans need to learn!

Happy Feller said:
i dont think they should but if they wanna have a kid with the oposite sex to have one it would be ok

Because all co-ed parents are just stellar at their job.

Frankly, I've never heard of ONE case where two gay parents have abused their child in any way.

The same can't be said for the traditional example.

skategreen said:
Define Normal.

explain how to legislate that "Normal".

and you say, "gays shouldn't be able to adopt".

Are you sure?

Blah,Blah,Blah...

Yeah...I'm pretty sure :p ...In MY opinion the whole gay thing is just twisted - and yes you do make a point with what you said but were talking about gays here. I stand firmly by the Adam and Eve lifestyle that God created - no child wants or needs Adam and Steve nor Eve and Eva

Last I heard the kids don't get to decide their parents. I would have rather had two eve's than the adam I got!! You cannot go by what a kid would want. That is just a STUPID argument for someone who can't come up with anythig better. It's one thing to state your own opinion but don't go for asuming the opinion of all children, OR assuming kids get a choice in teh matter to begin with

tizz said:
Last I heard the kids don't get to decide their parents. I would have rather had two eve's than the adam I got!! You cannot go by what a kid would want. That is just a STUPID argument for someone who can't come up with anythig better. It's one thing to state your own opinion but don't go for asuming the opinion of all children, OR assuming kids get a choice in teh matter to begin with

Damn you people really like to get on my case.
Obviously children don't get to decide on thier parents ...DUH! - I'm saying that the whole thing is not right - gays wanna get married, have children(one way or another) - it's sick - in my opinion - so don't go saying that my opinion is a stupid excuse or whatever. Ask any christian catholic and they will tell you the same thing!(agree). Just because you;- miss all knowing tizz :rolleyes: thinks it's stupid and doesn't agree - doesn't mean **** to me..I'm stating my opinion - I could go on & on & on but in the shortest, simplest way - that's it!

Did I not say it was one thing if it is YOUR opinion, BUT..... If you are going to assume an opinion for all children in order to justify your own I WILL get on you to come up with something better. If it simply an opinion the just say so. I am perfectly aware of how the church views homosexuality, but this conversation was not about that.

You are the one that chose to assume 1 that no child would want same sex parents, and 2 that children get a choice, simply to justify your own opinion. I just called you on it. I could really care less whether you agree with homosexual parents or not.

EnterNetProphet said:
hmmm Fullauto I had that flexible attitude as well...but when the queers(they jokingly refer themselves as such) try to introduce books meant for 7 upwards with gay themes to schools and libraries..I said Hell No!!!

I think we have opened pandora's closet on this one(legislation wise)

I guess I'm a homophobe now...

Funny thing..we got this gay program on T.V called "outhouse" hahahaha that was self explanatory

hmmm I wonder if sd is gonna roast me on this one?

that's is where I would draw the line... If you're gay, fine... you can still raise children, but don't try to ****ing recruit them by introducing them to and glamourising the lifestyle!

I don't think you're a homophobe... You don't seem like you have an abnormal FEAR of gays... your're just like me... You respect thier right to life, but don't want them intuding on yours.... seems alot more reasonable then "KILL THE FAGS"

Back