Sidi Charger MX boots

Bryce

I need some new gear, Just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with these. They look like a good boot for the price (375.00) and I really like the idea of the hinge on the ankle.
View attachment 790

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 21
Yea, they are sidi's mid level boot. The sole is sewn on so its replaceable and I have guy that has been doing my boots for years so that's no biggie. They make a boot that has a screw on sole you can swap out yourself but they are 550 bucks. I could have the cheaper ones resoled 3-4 times before I make up the difference.

There's just no place I have found that I can try them on before I order them so I wanted to get some feedback before I bother making a long drive to a store that does have them. If everybody says they suck I'm not going to bother.

A friend of mine just loves those boots. He baught the expensive ones so you can unbolt the soles and replace them and keeps telling me I need to get a pair. Right now im stuck on the 50/50 boots cause they feel like a work boot with ankle protection. I never felt the need for shin protection out of all the crashes I have had.

So I found a place to try them on and I couldn't get my foot past the ankle hinge. I had to get a 13 and then my foot was swimming in them.

On the bright side I tried on some Fox Comp 5s and they were the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. They feel broken in already and there a little wider so they fit great. Best part is they were only 190.00.

So I found a place to try them on and I couldn't get my foot past the ankle hinge. I had to get a 13 and then my foot was swimming in them.

On the bright side I tried on some Fox Comp 5s and they were the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. They feel broken in already and there a little wider so they fit great. Best part is they were only 190.00.

I've been wearing C5's for years.. they are pretty beat now and a wreck last year took it's toll on one of them but they are great boots.. The last 3 years I've been saying "new boots this year" but I just can't do it.. maybe this year.. lol

Good deal.. you'll be happy with them..

Just switched from Astar 3s to Gaerne sg12s Man they are awesome. Hinged and dry compared to my Astars broke in after 3 rd. Stew they work well on 2 wheels too.

Back