Smokers.

OK ya he was sexy!!!!!!!!! (I soooo wanted to be anna in teh king and I and get to dance with a shirtless yuhl WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!)

I don't smoke but I don't feel its right for the government to dictate what should be a personal choice. I think banning the option to smoke at all in places like bars is rediculous in the extreme. In Texas where I'm from, you can smoke in restuarants that have ventilation systems, at least that gives the owner of the restuarants a choice.
I don't want the government to act as my Mother, I can make intelligent choices myself so they need to **** off.
I have asthma so I stay away from smoking in enclosed areas.
If Pot were legal I would smoke it daily but of course our Mother (the government) says I can't. I need to move to Amsterdam...

I am by no means a regular smoker and havn't even put a cigerette to my mouth since my first one in Jr High. BUT I certainly do enjoy a good cigar once and awhile. A cigar is an occasion, a cigerette is tobacco.

I don't smoke. I don't see how people can say it is enjoyable. Everyone I know that smokes have that deep throat cough that sounds like bronchitis, can barely catch his/her breath when running, and has an awful ruddy skin tone. Most women I know that smoke sound like men. And then, there is the smell. It infects everything that you own and there is no way to get rid of it. I won't let someone who has just been smoking in my van. The smell still clings to them and then dissipates into my upholstery. It is just disgusting. I think everyone has the choice to do what they want to themselves, but you don

I used to smoke, then I quit. I know it's a bad habit to get hooked on, but I still smoke occaisionally.

Smoking is about the stupidest thing I have ever done... Yet I like it a lot... I quit several times in my life and each time I was like Torri in my opinion of the habbit... I don't go to movies because there are no smoke breaks... I smoke a pack and a half a day... I went to the VA for another complaint and the doctor asked if I smoked and demanded I take an Xray, which I did and when it came back he said my lungs looked like a non-smoker and I had the respriation of an athlete... I wish he had said your going to die in six months! When you don't smoke eveyone who smokes stinks like skunks... If one can limit themselves to infrequent sex then why not smokes?

I don't smoke, I hate the smell, and it's a wonder I don't have lung cancer from breathing all the smoke my parents blew my way while I was growing up.

I only smoke the green stuff.

I can understand not allowing smoking in restraunts, or in another person's house, but when they start bitching about bars, I have a problem. That bottle of beer is NOT doing wonders for your health at all, and neither is that bottle of coke and the free nuts that some drunk puked all over last night.

Komrade Vostok Hazard said:
I only smoke the green stuff.

I can understand not allowing smoking in restraunts, or in another person's house, but when they start bitching about bars, I have a problem. That bottle of beer is NOT doing wonders for your health at all, and neither is that bottle of coke and the free nuts that some drunk puked all over last night.
I agree. Smoke is expected in bars. If people wanted to go to a bar with out smoke they could come up with some kind of novelty bar for non-smokers.

ToriAllen said:
I agree. Smoke is expected in bars. If people wanted to go to a bar with out smoke they could come up with some kind of novelty bar for non-smokers.
Connecticut has already banned smoking in bars, and several have gone out of business because of it (so they say). Not that I doubt it. The winter months can be quite brutal, and I will say I have seen business in bars go down since the ban took effect.

I voted that I was the "Marlboro Man". However, I just quit smoking. I had that stigma, though. I always had a cig dangling from my lip... got kind of old and kind of sick.

When I smoked I hated non-smokers. Now that I have quit, I have a better perspective.... I hate everyone.

RoyalOrleans said:
I voted that I was the "Marlboro Man". However, I just quit smoking. I had that stigma, though. I always had a cig dangling from my lip... got kind of old and kind of sick.

When I smoked I hated non-smokers. Now that I have quit, I have a better perspective.... I hate everyone.

Good for you on quitting. I wish you well with that :)

Back