Social Expectations

eisanbt

As for myself, most things don't bother me. People can do most any odd thing they please and it won't phase me. Infact, I tend to do some odd things myself so I'd be quite the hypocrite were I to hassle folk about "improper behaviour." What I'm talking about here is social norms which, in general, serve no purpose what so ever.

Let us take for example sex, namely load sex. Now if its the middle of the day and you hear some screams coming from the next room (lets use parents as our example just for the sketchiness of it) than most people would go into awkward mode. Is there any really good reason that mom's screams of pleasure should make you uncomfortable? Why the **** is ****ing such a taboo in our society? Keeping somebody awake with load sex is one thing, but otherwise what’s the bother?

Passing gas, or farting if you will, is another simple example. Why should we be so uncomfortable as to silence our farts or deny their existence no matter where they are? Why upon the first signs of toxic air do so many people ask "Who farted?" The mere questioning of who did it is enough to establish a critical air. This is rotten business indeed.

Eating with your hands, in public anyway. Why is it frowned upon if I go out for Chinese buffet and start scooping at my rice with my hands? I'll wash em dammit but hand eating really is more effective for some foods.

Breasts or really general nudity in public, but breast especially. I can understand the need for clothes to keep you warm and to provide protection for sensitive areas that might otherwise get caught on fences and the like, but the "Women need to wear shirts at all times business" makes no sense to me at all. I'm not some horn dog idiot who thinks "huh, yah ****!!!" because really when your used to seeing them its nothing at all, its just "hmm, that topless chick is as topless as that topless man." Where is the sense it all of it?

Talking about your time in on the toilet and toilet business in general. If I have the runs than why should I have to think twice about mentioning it to a friend on the bus; "Man I got so ****ed I was shitting like mad while I was puking...Never drinking that much again." Heck some people get grossed out just hearing about pimples or some other nonsense, its insane! Don't give me the "Well it grosses people out ERGO you should be polite." My whole point is that this stuff shouldn't bother people and dosn't need to.

This list is short, feel free to add anything else. To the wind with social nonsense!!

Again its conditioning. If you go to the head and they got three stalls and a handicap. The first and third stalls are taken. how many of you would take the middle stall? No your gonna go for the handicap one every time.

Conditioning..

The one that is baffling to me is the public breastfeeding.
Yes, the baby needs to eat, and yes, it is a natural thing, but if you are out in public, walking around a mall shopping, or doing whatever...in a place where there are a LOT of people miiling around, whats wrong with sitting down for a little while, and letting your baby eat without being jostled around the whole time by your walking.
As for other people's comfort level, there are ways to be courteous to others who may be uncomfortable seeing a woman whip out her boob to feed her baby. There are little shawls that are designed to cover the area(and the baby) and allow for a little privacy. No harm done.

Add public masturbating to the list.

"Mommy, what is that man doing?"

"He's masturbating, Johnny. It is perfectly normal and healthy."

"You're a good mommy, Mommy."

Cassiopeia said:
The one that is baffling to me is the public breastfeeding.
Yes, the baby needs to eat, and yes, it is a natural thing, but if you are out in public, walking around a mall shopping, or doing whatever...in a place where there are a LOT of people miiling around, whats wrong with sitting down for a little while, and letting your baby eat without being jostled around the whole time by your walking.
As for other people's comfort level, there are ways to be courteous to others who may be uncomfortable seeing a woman whip out her boob to feed her baby. There are little shawls that are designed to cover the area(and the baby) and allow for a little privacy. No harm done.

Yeah and no harm done with you turning your head not looking. I'm not tucking them in when I wear low cut blouses and I'm not tucking them in when I'm feeding the baby. If you don't like it, sorry honey.

What kind of a world do we live in when Men think its all good to pee by the side of the road, to fart in public, to adjust, scratch and otherwise touch their genitalia but society objects to breastfeeding in public. How ****ed up is that??

If men were charged with caring for children, that would not be the case...

What I was getting at here is more geared towards the harmless taboos of our society. Some on Nazz's list are frowned upon for functional reasons, direct harassment for example ****s with peoples day and mood in a very direct fashion. Getting wigged out by the appearance of a nipple however is, as snafu said, conditioning.

Closer to the point is the breastfeeding foolishness. Yah, woman have boobs and use them to feed children. A woman with her tit hanging out in a kids mouth dose nothing to actually disrupt anything more than any other action a person takes throughout their day ERGO it is a useless and stupid social expectation. Like farting, like sex, and even to the extreme I'd say of public masturbation... though with that you'd have the problem of pervs going for a 'live show' as it were, which is disruptive so lets forget it.

There are taboos which make since in our society; covering your nose when you sneeze for example helps prevent the spread of germs. I makes since than to say something when a colleague fails to do so. Though it seems Nazz fails to see the difference between say not wearing slippers to the office and forcing a 14 year old school girl to do his will. It may be a lot of conditioning nonsense, I know, I’m just saying its bullshit which “Pisses Me Off” as it were. I hope I've shed sufficient light on the matter.

Carry on you rabscabble of ****-witted anus-boozers.

manicmonday said:
Yeah and no harm done with you turning your head not looking. I'm not tucking them in when I wear low cut blouses and I'm not tucking them in when I'm feeding the baby. If you don't like it, sorry honey.

Exactly how am I supposed to turn my head and not look, when I am at work, standing at the checkout counter, and the woman I am checking out is nursing her child while paying for her purchase. If I turn from her, I can't do my JOB.
I am simply saying there are appropriate times and appropriate places for these things. If you HAVE to shop and check out, AND feed your baby at the same time, then have the courtesy to use a blanket and cover yourself. Thats all.

eisanbt said:
Passing gas, or farting if you will, is another simple example. Why should we be so uncomfortable as to silence our farts or deny their existence no matter where they are? Why upon the first signs of toxic air do so many people ask "Who farted?" The mere questioning of who did it is enough to establish a critical air. This is rotten business indeed.

Hear, hear! Let us all liberate our assholes and fill the atmosphere with toxic gas whenever the need arises!

As for breast feeding, I never, EVER nursed in public. I would slip out to my car and feed my son in the back seat while covering him with a blanket. If others choose to do so in public, I feel they should use a shawl to cover themselves up. Sex, urinating, and masturbating are all natural things but should not be done at will in public.

Phantom said:
Sex, urinating, and masturbating are all natural things but should not be done at will in public.

Now that is very ****ing disturbing Phantom. :eek:

I mean lumping breastfeeding in with that trio of don't-do things.............

If I want to whip out the old-fella, and turkey slap someone for the sake of some cheap laughs, just because they can't handle their grog, that makes me a U-Tube legend. Doesn't it?

Now I'm ****ing confused. Just like my son was, when he tried breastfeeding off my tit. Sorry, I meant boob/breast/teat/udder. :p Cheapest entree he ever had.

hugo said:
Add public masturbating to the list.

"Mommy, what is that man doing?"

"He's masturbating, Johnny. It is perfectly normal and healthy."

"You're a good mommy, Mommy."

For the full effect of this comment could you illustrate this for us?

builder said:
Now that is very ****ing disturbing Phantom. :eek:

I mean lumping breastfeeding in with that trio of don't-do things.............

Urinating and masturbation are natural but not necessarily pretty. Breast feeding and making love (not just sex) are very beautiful. Still, shouldn't be done in public. And if you choose to breast feed and cannot excuse yourself to a private place, please at least use a blanket. I'm not interested in seeing anyone's boobs no matter how perky they may be.

Now I'm ****ing confused. Just like my son was, when he tried breastfeeding off my tit. Sorry, I meant boob/breast/teat/udder. :p Cheapest entree he ever had.

Oh dear!

Phantom said:
Urinating and masturbation are natural but not necessarily pretty. Breast feeding and making love (not just sex) are very beautiful. Still, shouldn't be done in public. And if you choose to breast feed and cannot excuse yourself to a private place, please at least use a blanket. I'm not interested in seeing anyone's boobs no matter how perky they may be.

Our charming indigenes flop out the boob for a kid-feed without a care in the world.

Phantom said:
Meh, the kid was just letting me know he was hungry. He slept with us until he was about four months old.

builder said:
Our charming indigenes flop out the boob for a kid-feed without a care in the world.

Yes, but I would like to believe we are a little more civilized.

Meh, the kid was just letting me know he was hungry. He slept with us until he was about four months old.

My son still sleeps in between.

Phantom said:
Yes, but I would like to believe we are a little more civilized.

My point was, that it doesn't faze me. Not interested. It's a natural fix for a wailing child. Prudish mums prefer to push their screaming infant through a crowded shopping mall, looking for somewhere private. Way to go, mommy.

Phantom said:
My son still sleeps in between.

So sex happens when you're ironing or something? :D

Phantom said:
As for breast feeding, I never, EVER nursed in public. I would slip out to my car and feed my son in the back seat while covering him with a blanket. If others choose to do so in public, I feel they should use a shawl to cover themselves up. Sex, urinating, and masturbating are all natural things but should not be done at will in public.

And again, I say you can turn your head. You don't put a head over your blanket when you eat, and neither was my kid when he was eating. Nor was he going to go out and eat in a hot car, eat on a toilet,, eat in the privacy of a hot stair well. If you aren't comfortable with watching it, then don't. It's that simple.

manicmonday said:
And again, I say you can turn your head. You don't put a head over your blanket when you eat, and neither was my kid when he was eating. Nor was he going to go out and eat in a hot car, eat on a toilet,, eat in the privacy of a hot stair well. If you aren't comfortable with watching it, then don't. It's that simple.

If you don't mind me peering over and looking, I don

Back