Soldier who lost his Leg in Afghanistan Denied Handicap Parking Permit

ImWithStupid

Army hero who lost a leg in Afghanistan denied a disabled parking permit by council bosses 'because he might get better'

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 4:04 PM on 27th August 2010

A hero soldier who lost a leg in Afghanistan has been denied a disabled parking badge three times by council bosses.

Lance Corporal Johno Lee has clocked up £800 in fines for parking in disabled bays in his home town of Newark, Nottinghamshire, on days when he uses a wheelchair or feels unable to walk very far.

When he first applied to Nottinghamshire County Council for a blue badge, he was advised he was young and 'may get better'.

View attachment 2944

His right leg was amputated below the knee after he was caught up in an explosion in Helmand Province in 2008 and was catapulted into a minefield.

He said yesterday: 'I replied that they possibly did not quite understand the situation and that I thought it unlikely my leg would grow back.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz0xvYL5EDS

Attachments

• 4cbf7e26d497ccafe7758910d7e4cb6b.jpg
    4cbf7e26d497ccafe7758910d7e4cb6b.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 11
Tell the lazy bum to suck it up:

http://today.ucla.edu/portal/ut/amputee-triathlete-101903.aspx?link_page_rss=101903

Oh my f &%^$ g &. Why is it the people who deserve the breaks never get them. F& (%$# B llsh &!!!!!!!!!!

If he had lost his leg "protesting" war you can bet he would get his parking permit.......gotta love progressive mindsets, he "may get better"? Just incredible, lol.

We got a girl here at work who uses the handicap parking because she's deaf. What's up with that?

We got a girl here at work who uses the handicap parking because she's deaf. What's up with that?
Less chance of getting run over by a car she doesn't hear while walking through the parking lot? Beats me...

I don't understand why you'd want to be labeled as handicapped. If you can do it..DO IT! Deaf does not mean I need a sticker..it means I need to look both ways. The guy with the prosthetic isn't really handicapped if he can walk. However..I guess if the guy that lost his leg wants a sticker he should be given one...but he better not complain about being labeled as a handicapped person anytime in the future. I don't get it. I'd fight tooth and nail to avoid getting one of those stickers. Oh well...give the guy his sticker already.

I don't understand why you'd want to be labeled as handicapped. If you can do it..DO IT! Deaf does not mean I need a sticker..it means I need to look both ways. The guy with the prosthetic isn't really handicapped if he can walk. However..I guess if the guy that lost his leg wants a sticker he should be given one...but he better not complain about being labeled as a handicapped person anytime in the future. I don't get it. I'd fight tooth and nail to avoid getting one of those stickers. Oh well...give the guy his sticker already.

Does that mean you didn't read the article?

Lance Corporal Johno Lee has clocked up £800 in fines for parking in disabled bays in his home town of Newark, Nottinghamshire, on days when he uses a wheelchair or feels unable to walk very far.
Sometimes the leg swells so badly I can't even get the prosthetic leg on. I then have to park in disabled bays otherwise I can't get into town, but then I get a ticket.'If I live for another 60 years, am I expected to continue to have to struggle for all of that time?'

He only parks in handicap spots on days when he can't walk.

I'm just being an ass. I'm bored and was hoping to pick a fight. Wanna fight?

P.S
I didn't read the article shrugs . Also..if you notice I DID say to give the whiner his sticker already :p

Maybe we should chop of the foot of those denying his handicapped status so they can see how hard or easy it is for him. Also, who are we to say what he goes thru or if he deserves it, also the deaf girl? Does it kill or affect us if these two have these permits? We should just be grateful that we have all of our abilities. Also, this guy shouldn't have to pay a dime of those fees and not only that, but he should get an apology and gratitude for his service and sacrifice.

What does irk me about handiccaped spots is when places have like a bajillion of them and most are not being used and then there is no regular spots to park in. This is the case at my job. To boot, the handicapped spots are further from the door than some regular spots and you have possible cars passing by in order to get into the building - wtf?? How is that safer and more convenient for them? They also don't need so many handiccaped spots. We don't have that many disabled people working or ever visiting here.

Another irk is when those that are CLEARLY not handicapped use the permits, they steal them or "borrow" them from family members/friends/whatever who are or supposedly are handicapped. Also when morbidly obese people have these permits. We shouldn't encourage an unhealthy lifestyle and choice they have created for themselves.

Obese people get handicapped permits? Whaaaaa?

Hey..do you guys have family spaces or pregnant lady parking spaces? We have those here...and what bugs me is that walking is apparently too difficult but they can pound the pavement hour after hour in the mall?

Obese people get handicapped permits? Whaaaaa?

Hey..do you guys have family spaces or pregnant lady parking spaces? We have those here...and what bugs me is that walking is apparently too difficult but they can pound the pavement hour after hour in the mall?

I've seen them in a few places. I've never used them as of yet with any of my pregnancies, no matter how huge and far along I've been. My fat ass NEEDS the exercise!! In fact, I use the stairs at my job now instead of the elevator, except when I'm carrying a bunch of heavy crap or suspect the door to my floor is locked.

I say give it to him. If he doesn't use it every day, then good. If he does, he kinda lost half a leg. I think we could forgive him for it. Not quite sure how he'd get better though. Maybe they think he's a regenerative mutant? Or maybe a gecko?

Less chance of getting run over by a car she doesn't hear while walking through the parking lot? Beats me...

Yeah but we got tug, carts and forklifts driving all over the place. she's got a better chance of not getting hurt in the parking lot. :ermm:

I think who ever deined him his sticker should be saddled up and made to give him piggy back rides for a month.