Sooo.. what's everyone been up to?!

Black_Angel

Ali Baba
Well I figured if we're gonna do this revival thing we should catch up on what we've all been doing for the past 1 or 2 years! Since the demise of LPF our lives have clearly been void of all meaning so erm doesn't have to be that interesting haha.

For me, errm I finished college, started university last September in Liverpool, studying History, which is tedious at the best of times :/ I still live in Warrington avec ma famille, I still work at Maccies part time which is still annoying but fun at the same time! I went to the USA for 3 weeks last summer and visited NY, Vegas, LA and San Francisco which was the best holiday ever! Umm I have a lovely boyfriend Chris who I've been with since September errrm I still love Muse to the extreme haha I can't think of anything else to say :D

oh I didnt know you studied History o_o wow
and I'm jealous bout your USA trip haha

so uhm what happend in my life...?
Well I'm 18 which makes me super legal for everything here in germany x) But besides of bein able to drive the car myself nothin really changed lol
I'm still in school, graduating next year than hopefully goin to university. And like last year I'm working at the theme park Legoland.
Since my last post on here (in my journal) I've seen live Biffy Clyro, Muse, Daughtry, Nickelback, Street Drum Corps, Carpark North and 30 Seconds to Mars. Aswel I'm goin to the Rock im Park and Southside festival over here in Germany plus seing One Republic and U2 in september - so as you can see I'm a more or less hardcore concert fan :D
I'm aswel travelling a lot (thanks to school), did a one day trip to Strasbourg, tomorrow I'm goin on a 3 day seminar somewhere in the Allgaeu and in July I'm goin to Barcelona (Spain) and Sorrent (Italy) and I might have an american exchange student over :D
I'm happily taken :) It is a long distance relationship but he's worth it, I've never been happier and actually crazy that I met him through Brandon :D so sorta aswel thanks to LPF haha
I guess that's about it haha a lot already phew
>_>

What you came to the states and didn't even visit New Orleans?!? If you ever come back, it's totally worth visiting, not to mention I live like 30 minutes outside of New Orleans, hah.

Hmm. Let's see. Last time i was here I think I was in High school. So since then I have graduated. Also, since I worked my ass off in school I got a full scholarship to a university about 40 minutes away from where I live where I am studying to be an editor, or maybe a writer, or maybe a teacher, who knows? During the week I live on campus at my university and then come home on the weekends. Home life is totally chaotic, I have my 3 sisters, 21, 13, and 7, and we have some how acquired a total of 5 dogs. So yea, chaos all day everyday. I have worked at a few places, the best one being at a surgeon's office in the town that I live in, and then this summer I think I am going to be working at an Art gallery in town. Other than that I am pretty much the same. Haven't changed too much. I've grown up a lot, but still retain my core qualities of who I've always been.

I signed up here six years ago.

I'm starting college again this fall after a year off. I'll be studying Biblical Literature at Taylor University in Upland, Indiana, USA. Currently, I'm working as an internet DJ and I'll be leaving a warehouse job with a hobbies company in the next week. This is actually a transitioning time in my life. :)

I've grown up alot. More than I thought I would. But, this is a really good thing. I'm not as ****y and immature as I used to be...still got a mouth though. No one is perfect, right? I've been working hard to keep my family supported and soon I'll be finishing college and making a difference in the world.

So I guess, in the last two years...my highlights are...
- getting married
- getting my dog
- working in radio
- doing ministry for 4 years straight
- learning how to balance my life

Hmm well I graduated high school and now attend Purdue University...I'm now in a good band finally....and I have matured a tooooooooon. Although I lost my charm with girls >.> but thats not important lol Anyway IDK I am a lot different

Well after I (for some reason) stopped coming here, I spent most of my days on ultimate-guitar forums, going through high school, and playing guitar and video games, and just chillin. Now I graduate in exactly one week and I don't really know what I'm doing with my life. And I can't really get a job because I can't get a car.

It's like my parents are going to make me mooch off them for awhile.

But some good things are happening with my band. A couple indie labels are interested and we've got this good friend who wants to be our manager, he seems very dedicated.

Well after I (for some reason) stopped coming here, I spent most of my days on ultimate-guitar forums, going through high school, and playing guitar and video games, and just chillin. Now I graduate in exactly one week and I don't really know what I'm doing with my life. And I can't really get a job because I can't get a car.

It's like my parents are going to make me mooch off them for awhile.

But some good things are happening with my band. A couple indie labels are interested and we've got this good friend who wants to be our manager, he seems very dedicated.

whats your username on UG?

Omg, this is a total blast from the past.

Well, if anyone remembers me then im Sygy. I am currently studying at the University of Nottingham, Politics and Philosophy and left my school with some of the highest marks in my year. For the last year ive been volunteering for the British Conservative party and support our new conservative prime minister david cameron and am extremely interested in market-liberalism as well as liberal and realist political thought.

I am due to be moving into my first house independently from my parents at the start of the next academic term and i will be working my bum off this summer doing menial jobs to afford it. I am also interested in water polo now as well as travel and i have also taken a certain interest in the african politics as well as the history of art and i will be hopefully perusuing a career in politics after i graduate from university.

Well I'm currently going to college for Business Administration so I can eventually get my MBA. In the past couple years I finished high school and wasted a year of college doing nothing.

Wow this is weird. I joined.....well i forgot when but a long time ago. I made lots of very good friends on here and i still chat to sygy every so often, she has grown up a lot since the days when i used to have huge arguments with her :)

I am now 34 (yes i know its old) nearly 35 and i married the love of my life andy 2 years ago, was a beautiful day that i will never forget. My daughters who were very young when i joined are now 16, 15 ans 12 and very sensible young ladies who make me very proud everyday.

I have finally found the job of my dreams as a nursery assistant at a day nursery, i care for children from 3 months to five years. The hours are long, 10 hours a day, but i love my job so much :)

Hope you guys are all well...love LPF's grandma :)

Hmmm.... well.... it's good to hear from you guys again. Though I never posted nearly as much I'm sure you guys remember me.

For me... wow... well... within the 4 years I have...
-Graduated and obtained my Bachelors in Hospitality Management
-I moved to Australia for a few years
-Worked in Washington DC

I'm currently living in Orlando, Florida for Expedia.com. I've been dating this amazing man named Liam for over a year now. And I'll be spending this upcoming New Years Eve in New York City @ Times Square!

26 now and in the process of making my masters in business... just finished 2 internships earlier this year. I also blog on the side and my site is actually pretty well known in the online hip hop community. Been doing that blogging thing for 4 years now.

doing my honors in financial analysis. Working next year, bummed my 5 years at uni is almost done, but i got to move on at some point.

I have had a pretty busy 2012 so far.

First, I sold my web development firm, Collective Core, and am now working as "Lead Creative Technologist" for Vert Mobile, the company that bough Collective Core. Vert is a digital marketing and advertising agency here in Atlanta, GA.

Second, in June, I got married!! Crazy I know. Her name is Megan. If you follow me on Facebook I am sure you have seen pictures.

Third, I just returned from a 2 week trip backpacking across Europe. It was a pretty epic trip. My stops included:
- Paris, France
- Interlaken, Switzerland (My Fav)
- Innsbruck, Austria
- Venice, Italy
- Rome, Italy

That is it so far for 2012. Can't wait to see what else happens.

Back