Stock shocks to dual/triple rate conversion

blackout450r

limiter lover
Just posting this up for discussion. I probably wont buy them but I see these kits all over Ebay. Its a kit that gives you all the goodies to change your stock TRX shocks to a triple rate or dual rate set-up. Ill try post up a few links for example. If the links get blocked or wont work go to eBay and type in "TRX450r triple rate conversion"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Honda-T...essories&hash=item2ece255646&vxp=mtr#ht_0wt_0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hygear-Hond...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1adc11e4&vxp=mtr

Reason I post this is because I will have my stockers laying around and Im looking at getting another 450 trail bike one day. And if this would be a decent alternative, then why not right? Let me know what you guys think. Cheers

thanks for the reply El. I like the looks of that second one too. For like 250 bucks I think it would be hard to complain. That would be a real nice set up for a 400ex on a budget!

First one is GT Thunder, Id recognize there ebay ads from a million miles away.

Id say its worth the upgrade, but tough really say how well b/c of the valving not being touched.

I know a guy had these for a while.. I don't know how reliable his info is though, he claims he has a full revalve/rebuild and test and tune session at JET, lmao

I bet you can guess who I'm talking about.

lol good ol' Ryan I'm assuming.... If I do anything for a trail bike Im gunna try these out. Worth a 200$ experiment. And if they aren't up to par then send them for revalving. I heard revalving is the last step and is often misconceived. Either way its worth an experiment

I'm pretty interestwed in this as well, post up your findings. I'm sure it's quite a bit better than stock.

I have local kids ask me to help them set their bike up all the time but when I say how much I have into suspension they give me a funny look..

Then again most of these kids are on POS warrior or banshees..

I think it'd be a lot better than stock but for my MX build I kinda want to go top of the line or pretty close equipment. Since I didn't have work there for a while the suspension got held off yet again! So Ill hopefully have something by summer. Ive been looking at a few trail bikes and old 250r's tho. This might be the set up to look into for a recreational rider who doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg for some suspension.

@chronicsmoke ... Haha and the guys at my local track are all on LTZs/ DVX's/ Blasters, with stock suspension. One buddy of mine has a Outlaw IRS and that thing is a pile of crap on the track. Then again he's running 22 in bearclaws in the back lol. I always ride with bikes tho, they get pissed off when a Honda with stock suspension kicks their ass's.

Lol here it's guys on stock bikes with a graphics kit and number plates that think they are Chad Weinin. One kid actually complained to my buddy who owns the track that we (me and 1 other guy) were "hogging it" because he has to pull over when we're coming around and lapping him.. and then he packed up and left lmao.. Talk about butt hurt.

Back