the before and after of my head...

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
ok guys as you know, im getting the quad ready to race the Baja 500 next year with 3 outstading members from here..

and i had a pp job on my head from a "builder" ... and as per John request i wont mention name but hes not here(that kinda give it away..)
John explained to me what was done and was extremely helpful on guiding me on the process done..

he upgraded the work done to it and here i leave you with the proof of it..

the work performed was:

new KW valve springs
new Ferrea valves
and improve the PP..
IMG-20130925-WA0001.jpg

as you can see the improvement in smoothness and flow is great...

so if you take your quad very seriuosly RE is the place where to send the head...

Wow, you really picked up some CFM's throughout the entire lift range. Very nice - hope she runs well too. FYI - the name is at the bottom of the flow chart haha. What year is your 450R EM?

Wow, you really picked up some CFM's throughout the entire lift range. Very nice - hope she runs well too. FYI - the name is at the bottom of the flow chart haha. What year is your 450R EM?
Jaja that reasembles a lot to the old builder but thats actually the name of the part venom= venturi

And its 09 .. he also recommended me a HC3 so ill try it with my HRC late and then decide which I prefer..

Was this changing the valves only or did you have the ports re-worked?
i change valves, fix seats and did a new PP since the one venom did was (ill reserve the comments on it)
Get an early HRC or HC3 in there... I have an early HRC in mine right now and an HC3 on the shelf I still need to try out.
yeap ill be getting an HC3 in the next weeks so i can start getting used to it.. already called RE for one..

You'll be riding in the upper RPM range with either of those cams so if you're not used to riding wide open it may be a little change for you.

I didn't notice any loss in low end from the HC2 to the HRC. The way I see it, if I'm using my lower RPMs and going slow its because of the terrain (rocks, roots, tight trails etc) and I don't need the power then. If anything I welcome a loss in power to smooth out the ride... When I'm looking for power its when I'm gettin' on it.

The only time I can remember wanting a little more low end was on a small MX track up here. Coming out of a tight berm there's a short run before a table. If I didn't rail the berm to keep speed up, I had to slip the clutch a little (like a 2 stroke) to get the RPMs up and get that little boost I needed to clear the table. Could absolutely be rider error and not the cam... I also haven't rode that track with the HC2 installed so not sure if I would have had the same issues.

I'll probably toss the HC3 into mine before the lakes freeze and see how I like it for ice racing.I'll probably send the carb out for bore between ice season and dirt season this spring..

Probably why the old builder doesn't have a flowbench, he can say his porting is awesome because he doesn't know how bad it really is. Nice improvements in flow, head should rip now.

Back