The dirt on "dirty" bombs dropped in the Gulf war

Status
Not open for further replies.

builder

Quote:
Veteran Australian film maker David Bradbury is releasing his new film, "Blowin' in the Wind".

Two years in the making, the film examines the use and effects of depleted uranium in the first invasion of Iraq.

The film also examines activities undertaken in military training facilities in Australia, by the US forces.

Bradbury said that he stumbled across the subject of depleted uranium when he met someone who'd seen one of his earlier documentaries about Jabiluka.

"They offered to pay for me to attend the uranium weapons conference in Hamburg. That's where I met whistleblower Doug Rokke, a former captain in the US Air Force who was sent to Iraq to lead a 100-strong clean-up team in the aftermath of the first Gulf war.

"Two years after he returned to the States, tests revealed he had 5000 times the acceptable level of uranium contamination in his body, due to his exposure to depleted uranium. Today, half the group he took to Iraq are dead, and Doug is being kept alive with very expensive drugs., but he's also dying."

From the Sunshine Coast daily. 9th July 05.

Hmm, 5000 times. No wonder he's dying. I think the US figured they'd get rid of their stocks of depleted uranium the easy way; drop it on enemy soil. No wonder this issue has been covered up.

Considering that depleted uranium has a half-life of 200,000 years, the reality of the WOMD debacle pales in comparison. Dropping that insidious poison on an enemy renders that area deadly virtually for ever.

Did the US admin not consider the fact that their own forces would be walking through the fallout from these "dirty" bombs? They also would have fully understood the ramifications for the ordinary Iraqi people. Meaning mutations for centuries, and a death toll that is still rising. And now they are back there again, meaning more deaths for their own, and the allied forces that stupidly joined this idiotic farce.

Am I alone in condemning the US admin for this atrocious abuse of civil and military rights? They don't even care about their own men. So much for the "no casualties" bullshite. No body bags, not for a few years.

Also, could the use of these bombs have been the catalyst that set off the chain of events leading to the current status? Meaning 11/9 and the reprisal attack by Bush jnr?

I don't personally agree with using depleted Uranium on a conventional battle field, but as far as I know, we don't have anything as good to replace it... But if they are allowed to kill 3000 americans and cost our country trillions in revenue losses, and bomb inocent civs in our buddy England capitol city... **** em!

Sowing the seeds of love... seeds of love... sowing the seeds!

fullauto said:
I don't personally agree with using depleted Uranium on a conventional battle field, but as far as I know, we don't have anything as good to replace it... But if they are allowed to kill 3000 americans and cost our country trillions in revenue losses, and bomb inocent civs in our buddy England capitol city... **** em!

Sowing the seeds of love... seeds of love... sowing the seeds!

Yeah, we've already killed more than 9/11 and the London bombings killed and simply ride the piles of civilian corpses over there off as casualties of war. You're not talking about killing a few thousand innocent people, you're talking about killing a few MILLION.

Crazywumbat said:
Yeah, we've already killed more than 9/11 and the London bombings killed and simply ride the piles of civilian corpses over there off as casualties of war. You're not talking about killing a few thousand innocent people, you're talking about killing a few MILLION.
The body count you refer to is the body count caused by islamic insurgents in Iraq. As far as anhialation of islam is cincerned it's either them or us!

Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell said:
The body count you refer to is the body count caused by islamic insurgents in Iraq. As far as anhialation of islam is cincerned it's either them or us!

Ugh, you're hopless. It's like argueing with a brick wall, only difference being the wall makes a better point because it doesn't make an ass of itself repeating the same **** over and over and over and over and....

Can you imagine how much more of this stuff will be going around in the next decade or two?
**** this world is in deep ****. Maybe we should be shooting it off into space.

It wasn

Crazywumbat said:
Ugh, you're hopless. It's like argueing with a brick wall, only difference being the wall makes a better point because it doesn't make an ass of itself repeating the same **** over and over and over and over and....

your not in a place to call others brick walls

I honestly don't understand teh justification for using DU as a weapon. Really, can anyone explain to me why we need to use something like this? Whether it is as dangerous as it's claimed or not, it's some scary **** to be playing with ad I cannot understand why it is used at all. Is CU a freaking WMD? Call me crazy but what happened to just using thinhgs that blow up and leaving it at that? What advantage does DU offer?

Crazywumbat said:
Why oh why did I take you off of my ignore list???? You post and post, yet never convey any real message. You are the brick wall! Your stupidity knows no bounds, you offer no solutions, no topic, no insight, nothing just plain drivel...

Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell said:
Why oh why did I take you off of my ignore list???? You post and post, yet never convey any real message. You are the brick wall! Your stupidity knows no bounds, you offer no solutions, no topic, no insight, nothing just plain drivel...

i have a new chant for wombat......
:D idiot box, idiot box, idiot box :D

builder said:
Quote:
Veteran Australian film maker David Bradbury is releasing his new film, "Blowin' in the Wind".

Two years in the making, the film examines the use and effects of depleted uranium in the first invasion of Iraq.

The film also examines activities undertaken in military training facilities in Australia, by the US forces.

Bradbury said that he stumbled across the subject of depleted uranium when he met someone who'd seen one of his earlier documentaries about Jabiluka.

"They offered to pay for me to attend the uranium weapons conference in Hamburg. That's where I met whistleblower Doug Rokke, a former captain in the US Air Force who was sent to Iraq to lead a 100-strong clean-up team in the aftermath of the first Gulf war.

"Two years after he returned to the States, tests revealed he had 5000 times the acceptable level of uranium contamination in his body, due to his exposure to depleted uranium. Today, half the group he took to Iraq are dead, and Doug is being kept alive with very expensive drugs., but he's also dying."

From the Sunshine Coast daily. 9th July 05.

Hmm, 5000 times. No wonder he's dying. I think the US figured they'd get rid of their stocks of depleted uranium the easy way; drop it on enemy soil. No wonder this issue has been covered up.

Considering that depleted uranium has a half-life of 200,000 years, the reality of the WOMD debacle pales in comparison. Dropping that insidious poison on an enemy renders that area deadly virtually for ever.

Did the US admin not consider the fact that their own forces would be walking through the fallout from these "dirty" bombs? They also would have fully understood the ramifications for the ordinary Iraqi people. Meaning mutations for centuries, and a death toll that is still rising. And now they are back there again, meaning more deaths for their own, and the allied forces that stupidly joined this idiotic farce.

Am I alone in condemning the US admin for this atrocious abuse of civil and military rights? They don't even care about their own men. So much for the "no casualties" bullshite. No body bags, not for a few years.

Also, could the use of these bombs have been the catalyst that set off the chain of events leading to the current status? Meaning 11/9 and the reprisal attack by Bush jnr?

Saw this film and heard David Bradbury i am outraged and pissed. Does anyone know if the australian government is confiming use of du weapons being used on Australian soil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back