The Draft

Minzara

っへ まん モ「f れあそん
I am very conserned stupid ass Bush will reinstate the draft, what are your thoughts on this?

This is my opinion on the matter, and in my opinion Bush is a dumbass.....

I think dont think Bush has done to bad of a job since he has been in office, but i dont agree with some of the things he has done. I did initially agree that sending troops to the middle-east right after 9/11 was a good idea but i really really dont think there was any need to keep them over there as long as they have. As for the draft, i dont like the idea of the draft being reinstated. I love my country, but i have no desire to join the armed forces. If the draft is reinstated i would be one of the first people to go. I am a 19 year old male with no handicaps whatsoever, and i have a younger brother who could "carry on the family name". So yeah i would be screwed. I dont see any reason as to why the draft would be reinstated anyways. I mean yeah there are still problems in the middle-east, but nothing that requires the use of "civilian" armies, ya know? Basically i dont think that things are so out of control over there that there is any need to keep all the troops we do have over there from coming home, much less reinstate the draft.

I'm not 100% sure on how the Americaqn political system works but wouldn't the senate have to vote for or against the draft?
I don't think Bush has any say in it.

um....bUSH IS IN A VERY TIGHT POSITON, ALL THE PRESSURE AND ALL THE **** GOING ON RIGHT SO I GUESS WHATEVER BUSH IS DOING IS PARTLY NOT HIS OWN DECISON BECAUSE HE DOES PRESSURE FROM UNFDERNEATH

Ive been reading up on it, and are current army is spread to thin, so they don't know how they wont need to call a draft....

Congress has thrown this bill out twice now, so its obvious that Bush wants this new draft to get passed. And, since I'll be eighteen in July, I especially care. Though I like Bush as a president and think he has done the right things during his term, I definitly don't mind the draft. They have special regulations for people who opt not to fight for religious reasons, and put instead put those people into volunteer work. I would take that. I ain't getting myself killed in some desert by insurgents as long as I can help it, but if I was forced I would go.
Basically, the draft doesn't mean you have to fight; it just means you have to enlist. So I don't have a big quarell with it.

this is still a matter that doesn't really concern me, i'm not american. well, maybe it might concern me anyway. but how old do you have to be, 18 or what is it?

Friðbjörn said:
this is still a matter that doesn't really concern me, i'm not american. well, maybe it might concern me anyway. but how old do you have to be, 18 or what is it?

18-25 sucks hardcore

*sits and openes a can of vanilla coke. Sips gentely. Looks at thread.* Dude allied you are partially right. Bush can just say that he wants one and ask congress for it. But if it is in total opposition of the American People than it wont go through. But Bush wouldn't do that he is a good president. BUT WAIT NO ARGUMENTS IN HERE! look for a thread called The War Thread. thats were the arguments will be!

Back