The Infected Horde

DarknessLover

This was based on a true story.

Psyche

But just to let you all know, any connections between any of the characters are fictional, and I used the names in the story, with permission. They agree to where they may end up, and if you don't want that to happen. too bad write your own ****ing story

The Theme song -

The Intro - Queens of the Stone Age (Edited Track)

I awoke. The smell of death wreaked my apartment. I felt around trying to find my alarm clock, finally reaching and grabbing it, I slightly opened one eye, to glare at a blank screen. **** my power must be out. I threw the alarm clock, to hear it shatter against the wall. I stayed in bed, and felt around now for my pack of cigarettes. I finally grabbed the pack, that was next to where my alarm clock had been. Opened it, and felt the lighter drop out, I waited for the cigarette to plop out, but to my dismay, I was out. I threw the pack in the other direction. I sat up and opened my eyes, too see my apartment in flames. I stood up as the door burst open and I saw Foxx run at me, in flames.

I awoke. This time, immediately sitting up I faced my door. Seeing no flames, no one running through the door, nothing. I sat up, and looked over on the ground. The shattered alarm clock still there. I guess most of that was real. I looked again over at the doorway to see Foxx standing there half dressed. "What the **** was that crashing sound 30 minutes ago?" I coughed and looked back at the alarm clock, and back to Foxx to see her pissed. I looked up and down her body, I am a lucky ****. "Hey you got any smokes?" She went from annoyed to just bored of the same old. "No, i've got to go to work, as do you." She began to leave and she turned back "Take a ****ing shower"

I got up on weak legs and walked into the bathroom, went over to the toilet, and took a piss. I looked back and noticed Foxx left the Medicine Cabinet open. I walked over and closed it. And looked at myself in the mirror. I noticed that I had really needed to shave. I opened the medicine cabinet again, and saw a note hanging. "Please pick up razors." I crumbled it up and threw it over by the trash. "What the ****." I stripped down and took the shower I had needed. I got back out, towel loosely around my waste, and walked back into my bed room. I grabbed my security uniform, and put the pistol into the holster of the pants. I grabbed my car keys and walked down the steps. Once I reached the garage of the apartment I remembered my car was in the shop. I sighed and walked outside and called a cab. We drove towards the Palisades Mall while we were crossing the bridge I looked out over the Hudson River, and saw a boat.

Two men were standing on it one of the two was on the back fishing, another one walking toward the other man. The fisher looked back to see the other boater, suddenly the other boater put his head down, and blood began to run down the boat, the taxi driver coughed, I turned to face him, and then immediately looked back. The boat wasn't there. I looked over the other side of the Hudson, not a boat in site. I sighed and lie back in my seat. Too many movies.

I got to work, signed in, and began the usual routine. I constantly walk by stores such as Hot Topic, and FYE, since they are the most hit stores, in all of the mall. It was a boring day, I was hoping for Fox to call, but I guess she was busy. During my lunch break I went and bought some Chinese food and sat down at a table, I looked over at a table of teenagers all giving me a dirty looks. "If you kids don't ****ing stop with the dirty looks, you won't have a ****ing face to give me dirty looks with." I saw one of them turn back to eating, the other one began to walk away, and the other two followed. How average. I took another bite of the Lo Mein I was eating, and looked up again to see Fox walking towards me.

"You're off work early." I looked back at her, she sat down across from me. She had a glow in her eye. "Yeah some ****ing psycho tried to hold the ****ing place up..." I felt her leg up against mine "...not knowing there is no money, since the whole place runs on credit cards. What a ****ing idiot." I chuckled, and finished the last bite of my eggroll, and threw the garbage in the trash. "Wanna take work off early, and go home, watch a movie?" I smiled, "Sure." I called in that I was leaving, on my pager. We got down to the garage. Immediately Fox announces "I'm driving!" She ran over to the driver seat and as normal in her 1969 Black Charger I got in the passanger. SHe made sure I never drived, no matter what.

We began crossing the bridge, again. She was talking about what happened earlier, but my attention was directed down towards the River, looking for any boat, hoping to validate what I had seen earlier. "Are you paying attention?" I nodded. I definately wasn't. "Hey, have you seen anything wierd today Fox?" She looked over at me. "No? Did you take your medication today?" I thought about it. Come to think of it, I didn't. Maybe that's just it.

We got back to the apartment, I went over to the TV and put in Grindhouse in the 360. I knew she loved the movie, she was in the bedroom getting dressed, I just took off my security outfit, and threw on my Jeans and plain Black t-shirt. She walked in the room, in a small tank top, and jeans and sat down beside me. "Grindhouse? You know me too damn well." The night continued on, and I slowly felt warped into the movie, I felt everything happen to me. I should've taken my ****ing pills today. I slowly felt my mind fade out, I felt nibbling on my ear, and the landing onto a soft bed. Then just black.

Chapter 2 - Alpha Dog

"Fox? Where are you?" I walked around the apartment, all the doors open wide. I had awoken and she wasn't in bed. I got over to the closet to see it was the only door left closed. I walked over and grabbed the knob, I opened the door, to feel the objects from within fall of the shelves, and crush me. I pushed the objects off me. I stood back up and looked around behind me to see Fox running at me. She tackled me to the ground, "Morning Sleepy Head!" I sighed, and chuckled, you think i'd be used to this by now. I stood back up and hugged and kissed her on the cheek.

"Hey, Fox why aren't you at work yet?" I asked, wondering why she was still in her underwear.

"Are you trying to get rid of me you *******?" She gave me an angry look.

"No no no, just, usually, you wake me up, to get to work." I was worried that she was going to take me down to the ground again, and worse off, I was in the kitchen now, too many knives for comfort.

"Oh. Well, some people called and told us not to leave the town. Apparently the whole town is being checked for some weird...uhm person I think." I looked at Fox confused.

"Well day off, wanna get drunk? Spend the day out? Meet up with some friends?" I sat back and waited for Fox to answer.

"Lemme have an hour to think." I shrugged, grabbed a Pepsi out of the fridge.

"I am gonna go out and get some smokes need anything?" I walked towards the door, and realized I still wasn't dressed, I walked back into the bedroom, and grabbed a pair of jeans, and my black T-Shirt. "Guess not. Call me if you see need."

I walked down the steps, down the main street. I looked around, not a car in the road. Hm must be that lock down ****. I walked down the main street, and I looked down an alley to see a bum sitting against the wall. Very nice. I kept walking until I finally reached the Deli. "Morning Jon." I looked up and saw the cashier, Tom.

"Morning Tom, I need a carton of Marlboro Lights." I put 50$ on the counter. I looked around the Deli, empty. "Hey what's the deal? Why's the town so empty?" Tom pointed up towards the TV Monitor.

"The New York Government apologizes for the sudden lock down but there's been reports of murder across the Westchester County, the lock down will be lifted in another 137 hours. If you see any acts of violence we demand you report it, by calling 911 and asking to speak with the chief of police." The news report cut to the stations logo, and then shut off."

"Hey Jon, here's your carton." I turned to Tom, and walked out of the deli. I looked around, and saw two police men off in the distance, talking. I kept walking back to the apartment and looked down the alleyway again. I saw two men this time, one on his knees, and the other laying against the wall. The one against the wall's head aims in my direction, and I see half of his face, missing. "Save me..." he uttered. I looked at the other man, blood all over him, on his hands and face.

My legs were frozen in position, I couldn't move. The bloody man walked towards me, at a normal pace. I still couldn't move, I was terrified. Frozen in my position, of terror. He finally reached me and I felt him grab my shoulder. "Hey kid, you alright?" I blinked, to see the alleyway empty. I looked behind me and there was a cop grabbing my shoulder. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"It was nothing officer, have a nice day." I walked away, at a rapid pace, my heart still beating at a pace I didn't think possible I noticed I was halfway up the steps by the time my heart had relaxed a bit. I walked into the apartment, threw the cigarettes into the kitchen. Walked into the bathroom, grabbed my paranoia pills and threw down two more than my usual amount, I went into my bedroom. And passed out.

"Wanna hit the bar?" I opened my eyes, and looked at Fox, now laying down next to me still not dressed.

"Yeah...sure." I sat up and I looked around for my alarm clock, to just remember, I had smashed it against the wall. "Ready when you are" I stood up reapplied my deodorant and sprayed some Axe on. Fox was already dressed and ready to go, we went down to the garage, and drove out to the bar. Fox driving her charger, yet again, I drifted off. When reality finally hit again, I see some drunk ******* trying to hit on Fox. I felt my body fill with pure rage.

I stood up and swung at the drunk, and hit him hard enough to knock him to the ground. He got back up and swung at me, I leaned back and grabbed his arm and threw him to the ground. He stood back up, and pulled out a handle, hit a small button on it, and a blade came out. He ran at me again, in the same swing as before I leaned back, but the blade hit my cheek, and blood began to trickle down slowly. This time I swung up at his jaw and I saw his whole body lift up for a second. This time he stayed down and tried to stab my foot. He swung into the hard wood floor, and the blade got stuck as he tried to pull it back out, I stomped my foot down on his wrist. I saw him get weak from the powerful strike. I lift my foot up off his arm, and kicked him in the chest, onto his back. I pulled out my gun from my security job and aimed at his head. "Who's the alpha dog now, bitch?" The men saw the gun aimed at him, as he passed out. Fox looked at me, not scared, but invigorated, enjoying the fight. The bartender had two large men drag me out of the bar.

I saw Fox follow me out. "****ing nice. I didn't think you'd do so well in a fight like that." I chuckled and stood up hearing cop sirens.

"We should probably leave." We walked over to the car, my cheek had stopped bleeding, only since it was a small cut, very weak hit. We began driving back to the apartment. "What a ****ing wuss, he passed out!" Fox chuckled, and we walked into our apartment, both passing out, onto the bed.

Chapter 3 - The Pills Aren't Working

"Yeah. I mean no, I really didn't have a large reason to hit him."

"So if he plans to charge you. You admit you're guilty?"

"Pretty much."

"Well, thank you for your time."

"Wait, what's the deal with this lock down? What's going on."

"I can't really tell you much, other than that there have been some weird things going on outside of town, and we are trying to find out what it is."

"Weird?"

"Sorry, I have to go."

The Officer walked away from my door. I sighed. The ****ing drunk better not charge...I closed the door, and began to head towards the bed, it was 10am, a bit too early for me, and I could feel I was hungover. The Officer had come by the door to ask about the fight last night. I am amazed no one reported my pistol.

I saw Fox laying bed, having fell back asleep after answering the door for me. I lay down next to her, and I stared at the ceiling and wondered what the **** was going on. I have never had such powerful paranoia. Nor has anything this ridiculous in our town ever happened. I began to wonder why no one has been calling me or Fox...I walked over to the main phone, and picked it up...no tone? What the ****. Maybe something on the news revealed what's going on. I turned on the television to Fox 5 News. It was just a black screen...my TV was on, but it was black. What the hell is going on?

I looked over at the door. To see a man standing there, bloody. He moaned at me and put his arm out. A very bright red was in his eye. "Run Jonathan. Get out." My heart began beating faster than the bpm in a Dragonforce song. I saw him walk over to me, and I closed my eyes, the stench from his body making me tear. I all of a sudden didn't hear any moaning. I opened my eye, to see nothing there. What the hell is going on...

After looking around the apartment, to see if it moved, to my relief, the thing wasn't anywhere to be seen. What the hell is happening. Why are my paranoia kicks so violent, so real, so. Deadly. I walk into the bathroom and swallow two of the pills, and down it with two shots of vodka. Everything is falling apart in my head, what the **** caused this.

"Come on Jonathan! It's not that far of a jump! Matt did it."

"I don't think I can do it."

"Just try, it's okay."

"No I don't think I should, I don't like the looks of this hole, I can barely see the bottom."

"Just jump dude! Don't you want to see the haunted house?"

The young Jonathan steps back, his heart pounding. He plans out his jump He looks at the friends, all waiting for him. One of them has a very large grin, almost evil. The young Jonathan begins to run across, but tripping on a rock, a few feet before the deep hole. Jonathan falls in, but barely grabs the edge. The other kids begin laughing.

"Jonathan, this should ****ing teach you. You don't ****ing sell me out."

"I didn't sell you out Damon!"

"Then how did they know I had the pot?"

"I don't know, please Damon, this isn't funny."

"It's not meant to be"

The footsteps began to walk away.

I stumbled over to the couch. My body felt weak, drained even. I felt for the phone, I need to call my doctor. I picked it up, and remembered the lines were all cut. My eyes blurred out as I stared at the black television screen.

I awoke to my old home. looked around and found out I was in my bed, in casts. I couldn't talk, but I could hear. I couldn't control my movements either. I could see that a young, 15 year old Fox was standing by the door, looking at me. I tried to ask 'Fox where am I' but my mouth wouldn't move. She looked nervous, I didn't understand what was going on.

My mom walked in and looked at me. She started to cry, she immediately left. I finally came to realize, I was reliving that month, in which I was betrayed, by my own friends....Fox was now hovering over me "Jon, are you okay?" I blinked, and now I stared at the 25 year old Fox. "Are you okay dude? How many pills did you have?"

"Two, but I had two shots of Vodka." I chuckled.

"You *******, that's my Vodka!."

"Learn to share." I chuckled again. I stood up, Fox was staring at me. "What time is it?"

"1:46" She paused. "A.M."

I sighed and went into the bed room and hit the bed, and immediately fell asleep.

Chapter 4 - Old Friends

Our power has gone out, cell phones don't work, and now the whole town is in darkness. What the **** is happening. I sighed this just isn't helping anymore, no contact, Fox is still asleep, my paranoia is just going to keep escalating. I can barely remember yesterday. I sat up from the bed and walked into the kitchen, and lit up a candle. I started to cut up a tomato, and some meat, mainly anything perishable, and made my self a sandwich. I went over to the couch, and saw a man standing by the bedroom door, covered in blood. He looked extremely familiar, almost like an old friend. I dropped my plate, the sandwich falling apart, and the crash made my eyes blink, to see nothing there. I took my pills this morning, what the **** is going on, what's happening?

I looked down, at the perfectly wasted sandwich. "Son of a bitch." I looked up Fox now standing in the same spot.

"What the **** happened, Why the hell are you awake, why is there food all over the goddamn floor, and who the **** is going to clean it up?" She was pissed from being woken up so early, I know. "You know what, **** it, I am going back to sleep, and pretending I never saw this." She went back into the bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

What made me fall in love with her? What made me want to be with her? I looked down and remembered...she was the only one actually stuck around back then...everyone else...was out to get me. I could feel rage gather up in my body, picking up one of the shards of the plate, I shattered it in my hand, slicing my hand open, I bled, but I didn't even wince at the sight of my own blood. They left me for dead, they wanted me dead. But I lived. Tears now coming down from my face. I knew I had to clean this **** up. I swallowed down my anger, and just kept cleaning.

I now lay down on the couch waiting for time to pass, I turn on my MP3 player hoping to hear some loud music. But found myself listening to Weezer "Say It Ain't So". The music calmed me down. I slowly zoned out, not falling asleep, but I never moved. I lay on the couch, legs over the end, and heads pillowing my head.

"Hey, I am gonna go see what's the commotion is outside. ****ers kept waking me up." I zoned back into Fox once again hovering over me.

I sat up, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Look outside." I sat up and walked over to the windows. People filling the streets, all heading towards the exit of town. I could see Tom, watching on the other side of the street.

"Tom! Tom!? Yo Dude! Can you hear me!?" I noticed he couldn't hear me, but some people in the street did, they looked up.

"Hey, is your power out?"

"Yeah."

"We're going to the barricade, we want out, we want connection." The men kept walking, with the group. I looked over at Fox, standing, staring.

"It doesn't look safe out there Fox."

"No, I have to go look around, ****'s weird, I wanna know for myself what's going on." She went over to the closet, and opened it, she reached to the left, I immediately knew where she was reaching. She pulled down a box, and inside there was a .45 Taurus. Her prize gun. "I'm protected." I still felt worried.

"Maybe I should come with you." She looked at me. I gave her a look like none she's ever seen. A look of such stern force it was hard to say no.

"No." Maybe it wasn't powerful enough. "I'm going alone, i've got my defense, that's what matters." I sighed and watched her walk out. I looked outside, waiting for her to disappear from visibility. The minute I saw her leave the sight of the window, I went over to my closet and pulled out my 9mm Pistol loaded it up, and carried an extra load in a worst case scenario.

I ran down the steps, I wanted to see as much of this as I could, before Fox could get home. I got outside, 100's of people flooding the streets. I walked towards one of the men, whom was carrying a metal bat in his left arm. I tapped him on his right shoulder..."Hey where's everyone headed." He pointed to the end of town. I could see electric fences now surrounding the town.

I walked ahead but on the sidewalk, rather than the street. I felt an arm drag me into the alleyway. It moaned at me. "I need food. I'm so...hungry." I pushed the man off but hit the ground in return, another man grabbed my shoulder, I immediately slapped off his arm. "Please....food...stay..." I stood up, the two men, walking towards me.

"Stay the **** away, now." I pulled out my 9mm, and aimed at one man's heart.

"Please...feed...me..." One man drew extremely close. The minute he touches me, it's self defense. "I....hungry," the closer one said, I could see his eyes turn almost white. What the hell... I saw his arm a few inches away. I aimed straight at his heart, and saw him open his mouth wide. I felt him grip my arm. I shot the gun, straight through his heart. He immediately hit the ground. My heart stopped...I just killed him. I killed the man....I lowered my gun as the other man stopped moving.

I began to walk past them stepping over the dead man's body. I can't believe it, I kill....something grabbed my leg as I moved. I looked down to see the man gripping my leg, my heart now escalating in speed. How? How the **** is it possible. I aimed now at his head and fired again. Blood poured from the bullet shot, the other man reaching towards me I hit his arms away and ran out of the alleyway. Cops flooding the streets, containing the people, I had to get home, it wasn't safe out here.

I ran back into the apartment building, power had come back once I reached the 2nd flight. I walked up to the third floor. Opened my apartment and ran in, and shut the door behind me. "Welcome back Jon." I turned around, Fox standing hands covered in blood. "You won't ****ing believe it, I found Matt from back in the day!" I looked behind her, Matt bleeding onto the kitchen floor.

"The ****? Why are you bleeding?" I looked, his arm was bleeding.

"Some dumb ****er bit me! I was walking here with Fox, and some ****er bit me!" He wasn't almost in tears. "On another note, I'm ****ing starving. You guys got any food? Preferably meat?" Fox looked at him with a wondering look upon her face. Why the **** is he hungry? He just got ****ing bit by someone.

"Fox, we need to talk. Matt listen, take the night off get some rest it seems Fox has stopped the bleeding pretty well...you can use the couch." He nodded and lay back in the couch. As me and Fox walked into the bedroom.

"I killed someone."

"You did What!?"

"He attacked me, I shot him."

"Why the **** did you do that?"

"I dunno, the weird thing is though. I shot him in the heart, and he was still alive."

"Shut up"

"I'm not kidding."

"You have to be," Fox now examining my body, seeing blood on my ankles. "**** this, get some sleep. Maybe this is all just a paranoia trip of yours right now, you probably didn't kill anyone."

She threw me into the bed..."Sleep!" She undressed and got in next to me, putting her arms around me. What the f....I suddenly got extremely drowsy...those ****ing pil....taking eff...effect...

the first post, contains the "Theme" song to the story. If you can guess the song, or album of the artist contributing. I'll think up a nice prize or so with you.

Chapter 5 - Good Morning

"Wake up, now." A slap to my face waking me up rudely.

"What do you want?" Fox now over my face, with fear in her face, but joy in her eyes.

"Look outside, the town...it's.." She stopped talking, noticing I was sitting up and walking over to the window. The whole town gleamed red. Fires and blood now replacing where the concrete once placed. I saw a few men standing around, in random places, blood covering there clothes, all with different disfigurements. I looked over to Fox, her eyes now gleaming red, I can only guess from the fires outside.

"Any idea what's going on?" I looked straight to Fox. She looked back at me and shrugged. I heard footsteps, very soft, but noticeable past the bedroom door. I looked back outside, I saw a man, must've been in his 30's running down the street, in a business suit. He had a torn jacket and blood across his shirt. One of the strange standing around people grabbed the business man. Both hit the ground, the strange man appeared to be biting the business man, whom now, was screaming. Blood started to pour onto the ground. I looked away.

What's going on, this is so relevant to my paranoia trips, were they all to foretell something? I don't understand, is this just another paranoia hit? **** it better be. Fox now staring at me. "We should go see the news, cable is probably back." She began to walk to the door as a banging shook the bedroom. "I....AM.....HUNGRY" Fox, standing still now realized whom it was.

"**** that scared me Matt! Relax next time." Fox chuckled and looked at me. I was trying to remember where I remember that voice "You okay?" I decided to not respond to her question, but instead kept thinking of where I heard it, she kept walking to the door. My mind still rattling, I heard that raspy voice before, what is it? She grabbed the doorknob. Wait.

"Fox stop!" She still had the doorknob in her hand, half twisted. Banging now harder on the other side. "Fox...he's like one of the men I met in the alley...he's weird. Going to be odd about it too." Fox chuckled ignoring my words. I knew she was going to open that door, I reached for the 9mm Pistol now laying on the side on the bed rest.

The door blew open, Matt landing onto the floor, he didn't move. Fox looked down at him, worried. "Matt were you drinking my vodka? You smell like death for ****'s sake." Matt still laying on the floor, I ****ed my gun, preparing for the worst. He now pushed himself up onto his knees. As he raised his head I could see this evil look in his eye, pure red, satanic. "Feed....me...." He grabbed at Fox's leg. I immediately knew what his intents were. I know what he was going to do.

I stood up and kicked him off Fox. "You don't touch Fox." I fired at his heart, twice. Fox now grabbing my arm. "What was wrong with him?" Fox now breathing on my neck.

"I wish I could say, he was like those men in the alleyway, that I had to...kill. Something is really going wrong." Now listening outside, a person's yelling shattered my ears. I ran around the bed and looked down. A man walking, missing an arm, and parts of his torso, now following after a young woman. I knew where this would end. I didn't want to see this. "Feed...me." I turned around to Matt standing back up blood all over his shirt from where I shot him.

"What the ****." I aimed again at Matt's head, this time, worrying about pulling the trigger. Fox standing completely still now, not invigorated but I could see some red in her eye, it must be from the blood all across Matt's torso, I could see Matt staring at me now. "Feed..." before he could finish I fired at his head, right between the eyes. Blood shot out, but the body hit the ground...and not a bit of life, or afterlife was left in his body. That was the end for Matt.

I lowered the gun, thinking about what just happened. I now heard outside a car, or maybe a truck going down the road, with bullets firing. I looked down from the window, to see a camo vehicle going down the street, soldiers in the back shooting down. An announcement now spouting out of the car. "Please evacuate the city by any means possible, you must leave now. The men walking the streets are highly dangerous, evade at all costs. If you must kill, aim at the head. There is a...." the car now fading into the distance.

Foxx having heard reached into the closet and pulled out her favorite gun, The Taurus .45 caliber. She grabbed 2 magazines of ammo down from the top shelf. I looked at her. "Oh as if I would let you be the only one with their own gun." I chuckled and looked to the side, I thought about the bullets I have used, I have about two shots left, before I need to reload. I went under the drawer next to my bed. Pulled out 1 magazine, having not much ability to take guns off the job, i was lucky to even have a weapon. I looked at my gun. "Foxx, I have 2 bullets left in my magazine, should I just leave them behind?" Foxx looked over. "Whatever you want."

I dropped out the two bullets and loaded up the other magazine. "You're still using that Hi-Power?" I looked over and nodded. What an odd question, she saw me use it before. I shook my head, there is more pressing matters at hand. I stood up. "Foxx...we might die..." She looked over at me, eyes pierced open.

"Who the **** you kidding? No one is going to die. If anything terrible happens we just find somewhere completely safe to hide out." She looked around..."Ready?" she grabbed her keys. Sliding them into her pocket. "We better get moving, and soon." I glared at her...daydreaming. "Hey wake up! Let's go." I opened my mind back up.

We walked to the door "This is it..." i muttered. I opened it up and looked around, gun aiming anywhere my eyes were. Nothing around, the building quiet, minus the echoes of people screaming. This isn't safe...we should never leave the apartment it's not safe to leave... I kept walking. "The garage is close, we just get into there, and we are practically home free. I nodded. She's right, no worries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back